Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Strange Things.

[Listen to this]

Elia had her nose practically pressed against the door on the car. She tried to see everything at the same time. She always gasped when she saw something new and asked immediately what it was. She saw birds and airplanes; she had mistaken them first and thought a crow was a plane. And flowers, Elia thought they were so beautiful.

But the things she thought was the most beautiful were the people surrounding her; Paul, Darin and her mother.
She frowned a little when she remembered seeing her mother. The first thing she reacted to was how pale and tired her mother looked. but she had pushed it away, being overjoyed that she could have seen anything.

Elia could feel her self-esteem grow every time she looked in a mirror. She didn’t want to sound shallow or self-centered, but she looked good. Her hair was long and wavy, her eyes shining gray and her skin white and spotless. She hadn’t spoken it out loud though. Paul had been drowning her with compliments. But Elia realized that Paul hadn’t been lying when he had told her how good looking he was. He was perfect. Elia hadn’t any other words to describe him. His hair was as black as her vision had been before, but Elia had taken quite a like of the color now that she did see other colors and shapes as well.

Elia turned towards the front of the car, where Paul sat behind the wheel. She couldn’t help but look over his toned arms as they held the steering wheel. Then she looked over at her brother, who sat in the passenger seat. After Elia had seen herself in a mirror she had seen the similarities between her and Darin. She also had been showed a picture of their father. He was beautiful as well, and Darin was practically a copy of him. Elia was more a mix of both her mother and father.

Mirella squeezed Elia’s hand as she sat beside her in the backseat. She had seen a tear slide down her cheek; but Elia had done a lot of crying since she woke up two days ago. The doctors said it was normal. It would all be so overwhelming on Elia that her emotions would run a little astray.

Elia turned her head and looked at Mirella. Mirella smiled as their eyes met. She hadn’t experienced that since Elia was two, and a baby is not that good at concentrating. Mirella wiped away her tears quickly with the back of her hand.
“How are you feeling, bambina?” she asked her daughter.
Elia smiled and shook her head. “Overwhelmed. Overjoyed. Scared. The list goes on. I have seen so many strange things. Who would have thought that planes and birds look exactly the same?”
Paul chuckled. “I think we’ll need to teach you the difference between some things.”
Elia stuck her tongue out at him. “I want to learn how to read and write first.”
“Of course. We’ll hire a private tutor for you.” Mirella answered her.

“What do you want to do when we get back?” Darin asked.
What Elia really wanted was to spend some alone time with her boyfriend, but that would be unnecessary to say in the car with her mom and brother. “I was thinking maybe Paul should show me around again, like he did when we first moved here. I want to see the beach and the cliffs and everything. I don’t want to miss anything. And I want to meet everybody. I can’t wait to call Val; she must be really stressed about the wedding. I can’t believe we’re going to Italy in less than a month. I miss them all so badly. But it feels like I have to get to know them again now that I can see an-“ Elia was stopped my her mother putting a hand on her shoulder.
“Take it easy Elia, let’s just take one day at the time. You don’t have to get to know everybody again, you’ll just have to put a face to match the voices you know.” Mirella smiled at Elia and her eagerness.

Eli just nodded and turned back to the window; she didn’t want to miss anything.
“How long is it till we’re home?” Elia asked for the third time. She wanted to see La Push.
“Twenty minutes.” Paul answered with a smile. The sky had started to darken, but it wasn’t completely black yet.
“I just thought about it; I don’t think I’ll ever be scared of the dark, because I lived in the dark for so long.” Elia mumbled, mostly to herself.
“Becoming poetic, sorella?” Darin laughed a little, but more like encouragement than scornful.
Elia didn’t answer.

^^^

“Oh my. My room looks amazing!” Elia threw herself down at the bed.
Paul walked in behind her and placed her bag on the floor.
“I really like it.” Paul commented and leaned against the door frame.
Elia sat up cross-legged. She patted the space before her. “Come sit with me.”
Paul smiled and walked over to her and sat down at the bed in front of her. “What is it?” he asked.
“I just want to look at you.” Elia shrugged and leaned very close to his face so could only see his eyes. “I think I need to practice kissing with my eyes closed.” Elia suggested innocently.
Paul smirked at her. “Are you sure?”

He gasped as Elia gripped his face and held it against hers. Their lips molded together perfectly, and Elia kept her eyes closed. Paul leaned over her and made her lay down at the bed so he could hover over her. He never broke the kiss, but when he did and rested his forehead against Elia’s and stared into her gray irises he could feel his heart almost explode with happiness.

“Damn, I have wished for this for so long.” He said and felt intoxicated by her sweet breath.
“For what?” Elia asked, just as short breathed and with one hand behind his neck and she had slipped the other one under his sweater and was stroking his abs softly.
“To be this close to you and have eye contact.” Paul pressed his lips against hers once more then staring deep into her eyes as if to prove his point.

“Let’s do it.” Elia murmured and moved her hands down to the buttons on Paul’s jeans.
“What?” he asked in shock.
“Sex. I want to have sex with you right here, right now.” She said urgently and started lifting her top.
Paul stopped her hands. “I can’t Elia. Fuck.” He moved from on top of her and sat up in the bed beside her.

Elia looked over at Paul with a hurt expression in her eyes. “Why not? Don’t you want me now that I’m not blind anymore?”
Paul grabbed her hand and held it over his fast beating heart. “Of course I want you silly. I would have loved to have sex with you, but I have to go.”
“What?” she asked in shock.
“Patrol. I have patrols.” He explained with a pained tone in his voice. He would much rather stay here to pleasure Elia. “Tomorrow. I’ll make it special for you. Do you think you can wait?” Paul asked and kissed the corner of her mouth. he let his lips slide down her neck and kissed he collarbone lovingly.
“I’ll try.” Elia said and her breath hitched when he found her spot.

“Mmm… I’ll try not to think too much about this when I’m on patrol. The others get easily annoyed, and I don’t want them to picture you naked the next time you’ll meet them.” Paul moved his lips up to her face again and kissed both her eyelids before her lips once more.
“Think of you’re grandmother, Norma.” Elia giggled.
Paul stiffened. “Yeah, that will work. But I have to go. I’ll be back as soon as possible. Okay?”
“Just try to get some sleep, please. Remember I can see if you have or not now.” Elia said jokingly, but being dead serious at the same time.
“Sure.”Paul said and kissed her forehead before walking out.

Elia kicked of the sweatpants she was wearing and unhooked her bra slipping it off before she crawled under the covers on her bed. She looked around the room once again before sighing happily and closing her eyes, waiting for sleep to take her under.
♠ ♠ ♠
I dissected a pig eye in science today, it was pretty cool :)

Good update? things are working out and I love the story again. Thank you for all the amazing comments, I love you all, but keep them coming.

I'll update when I have six new comments :)

Comment-Comment-Subscribe !


~ BreeVixen