Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Stay Strong.

[Paul's Point of View]

“I love waking up with you.” I murmured as I let my lips linger below her ear.
Elia snuggled even closer to me. Out feet and arms and everything were twined with each other so we were almost one person.
“I do too.” She mumbled tiredly.
“Do you really have to leave today?” I asked her and brushed my fingers over her cheek and lips.
“I do.” she sighed. “School you know. But the semester is soon over.”

“I can’t believe how quickly this year has passed,” I mused and started getting up. “But at the same time how slow it has passed.”
“I know, but this weekend has been amazing.” she smiled at me as she stretched and yawned.
I stared at her beautiful body.

The year had passed quickly, but this weekend even faster. I had walked Elia around campus, proud to show her off. I hoped some of the girls would finally understand I had someone and lay off. And each moment we got alone was spent in my bed. I loved the feeling of having her in my arms again; thinking I would never let go, because surely, nothing could compare to this love we had for each other.

We went on lunch with Smith and Duff. Elia seemed to get along fairly well with both of them, though she steered away from Duff most of the time; I had my suspicious of the reason being that he was just the way I used to be. But she liked Smith – who didn’t for that matter. Something clicked between them and they seemed to be good friends already, but strangely, I didn’t feel one bit jealous. I learned last summer that my jealousy didn’t bring anything but disaster.

“Can you find my clothes?” she asked me and sat up.
I searched through her bag till I found something that matched. I never thought about clothes before, nor did I know anything about them, but being with Elia taught me what to do, because no matter what, I would choose better than her.
“It’s just three weeks until you come home, right?” Elia asked but only ignored the clothes.
“Mm.” I said and waited for her. I didn’t want her to leave.
“How are you getting home?”
“I’m running, to spare some expenses.” I told her.
“Okay.”

The silence between us became loaded with feelings. We longed for each other even though we stood less than two feet apart from each other. It was because we would be separated again. It was hard, being away from her. It made me feel sick to the pit of my stomach not knowing what she was doing, feeling or saying at all times; it made me feel helpless.

“You’re car will be here in twenty minutes.” I said after looking at the clock.
Elia turned away from me and I walked over to make her face me again. I saw tears on her cheeks.
“Elia?”
“I don’t want to be apart from you. I can’t handle it.” she cried softly.
I held her against my chest and pressed my lips to her head. “It’s going to be okay. Just three more weeks, right? We just have to make it these three weeks than we’ll have two months together. We’ll go away some place.”

I don’t know if I can stand it.” she put her head against my chest.
“You’ll have to. Stay strong for me.” I smiled and kissed her head again. “We’ll go camping, in the middle of nowhere so no one can disturb us. Just you and me. I love you Elia, we’ll make it through this.”
“I love you too.”
I brushed my fingers over the three long scars what went from just below her right breast and to her back. I always touched them, to reassure her that I had nothing against them when in reality I was haunted by bad memories every time I saw them.

’ You should be damn happy it wasn’t you that did it.
I flinched and pressed her against my chest, blocking it out.
“I love you.” I repeated. “And I’ll miss you every day until I can hold you again. But we are strong.”
“If you say so.” She mumbled and sniffed her nose.
“Okay, get dressed and I’ll follow you outside.” I kissed her softly before helping her put her clothes on.

Smith and Duff sat next to each other on the couch eating cereal and watching reruns of ‘South Park’. They glanced our way when we entered the room.
“Finally done?” Duff asked with a raised eyebrow. Sometimes I wanted to his him so badly…
Declan did it for me; he kicked him in the leg. “Shut up man.”

“Elia is leaving.” I announced.
“Already?” Declan asked and got up. He walked over to Elia and wrapped his arms around her. “It was nice to meet you Elia.” He said and put his arms on her shoulders.
“You too Declan. You should come visit us in La Push during the summer.” She smiled at him.
“I sure will!” he smiled back.
I picked up Elia’s bag and carried it over to the door, letting her say good bye to her new friend.
“I’ll miss you, kid.” He said and hugged her again.
“I’ll miss you too.” She smiled and pecked his cheek.

“Co‘mere.” Duff stood up and pulled Elia into a hug.
She didn’t hug him back as much as she had hugged Smith.
“Have a nice trip, Elia, and don’t hesitate to visit us next year.” Duff kissed her forehead and I suspected him for having a soft side; he would deny it if I brought it up.
“Thank you Duffy. Take care.” She smiled before walking over to and linking her arm with mine. “See you boys.” She waved before we walked out in the hallway.

The car was waiting for her when we came outside.
“Are you sure you don’t want me to come with you to the airport?” I held both her hands in mine as the driver but her bag in the trunk.
Elia reached up and pressed her mouth to mine. “Let’s just say goodbye here.” She kissed me again.
I let my lips linger on hers as I spoke. “See you soon, beautiful.”
Okay.” she whispered and closed her eyes. She started swaying and I had to catch her so she didn’t fall.
“Are you okay, Elia?” I asked her worriedly.
She smiled. “You make my knees weak.” She laughed lightly.
I smiled and rested my forehead against hers. “Then you better get in the car before you faint.”

“I love you Paul.” She said and kissed me one more time.
I pressed my mouth against hers in a passionate kiss before letting her go. “I love you too Elia.”
I helped her get in the car and watched as it drove off.

I walked back to the dorm in a daze, not glancing at the people that passed me.
“She leave yet?” Smith asked me.
“Yeah.” I mumbled and slumped down on the couch.
“Oh, cheer up, man.” Duff punched my arm.
I glared at him. “Shut up, you don’t get it.”
“You’re right, I don’t. I love my life. Different girl every night; this is the life. I don’t think I’ll ever change it.” Duff mused with a satisfied look on his face.
I didn’t manage to hold back my laughter. “You just wait.”

“Elia is a junior in high school, right?” Smith asked me when I had calmed down.
“Yes, why?”
“I was just wondering what she’s planning to study.” He shrugged and focused on the TV.
“She wants to be a teacher. Preschool I think.” I told him.
“Watch your back or she’ll get baby sick.” Duff said and laughed at something that happened on South Park, I didn’t catch it.
“I can’t wait to be a father.” I grinned and remember my disappointment when we found out she wasn’t pregnant.

Both Duff and Smith looked at me dumbfounded.
“Dude, you’re only twenty-one.” Duff said seriously.
I shrugged. “So, I’m ready.”
“Talley, you are weird.” Smith said and focused on the TV again.
♠ ♠ ♠
FORMSPRING ME! Seriously, ask me anything!

I'll update if I get five new comments :)

Comment and Subscribe :D


~ BreeVixen