Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

His record.

[Elia's Point of View.]
[Four Years Later]

[Elia, 21 yrs, has finished her second year at Washington State University and she managed to graduate early. She is now an educated preschool teacher. Paul, 24 yrs, has graduated from Iowa State University but get rejected when he ask for a job at Forks Police department.]

“Tell my again why they rejected you.” I said in disbelief.
“Because of my record.” Paul mumbled, clearly embarrassed.
We lay in my bed, about to get to sleep when he dropped the bomb that he didn’t get a job. He had put it off for a week to tell me. I was angry at him.
How could he have been so stupid?
“And what had you done?” I continued to press; he would have to tell me everything.
“Having sex in public…” his voice was muffled as he hid his face in the pillows.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. “Why the hell did you that?” I almost yelled.
“I was a horny sixteen years old on a school trip and there was this girl that was really hot.”

I groaned. “I keep forgetting how stupid you were before you met me.”
“Please don’t hate me baby.” He begged and started stroking his fingers up and down my side.
I held back a moan and pushed his hand away. “You have to find a solution on this, I’m not moving.”
“Fine. I’ll go talk to the chief again tomorrow.” He rolled around and I felt his back pressed up to mine.

“Don’t you get mad at me Paul! I’m not the one that can’t get a job because I was a horny teenager!” I his shoulder
“Go to sleep.” He said.
“Moron.” I muttered and tried to calm down so I could find sleep; I had a job interview the next day.

I had applied at a job as a teacher assistant. I couldn’t get a job as a teacher because I’m blind, but I would have to get the job since it didn’t look like Paul would get one.

^^^

Paul had already left when I woke up. I got out of the bed and got myself cleaned up before I put the clothes Leah had helped me with picking out the day before. I still lived with her and Darin, but they had already left for work so I had to call Seth to follow me to the interview.

“You look pretty today Elinora.” Seth said when he walked into the front room where I was waiting.
“Thank you Seth.” I smiled he liked to call me Elinora and I had given up on telling him not to. I grabbed his hand and we started walking.
“So, where’s Paul?” he asked me.
I sighed. “You probably know he didn’t get the job.”
“He finally told you?” Seth asked surprised.

“Yeah, and we kind of had a fight last night and he wasn’t here when I woke up.” I told him and linked my arm with his for more support.
“I’m sure he’s out fixing everything.” Seth said cheerily.
“Or out hiding under a rock.” I muttered.
Seth laughed. “Or that.”
I couldn’t help but laugh; Seth had one of those laughs that only made you laugh yourself, no matter how bad you felt.

“How did your date go last night?” I asked him to change the subject.
He was silent for a second and I knew he was blushing. “It was… good.”
“You told her?” I grinned at him.
Seth had imprinted two weeks ago on a girl that was here on summer vacation – luckily for him she was attending the same college as he was, he just hadn’t bumped into her before.

“Not exactly…” he mumbled and I heard how embarrassed he was.
I let out a laugh. “You had sex with her before you told her?”
“Kinda.” He mumbled.
“Oh Seth.” I said between laughs.
“Hey, I’m a man with needs!” He defended.

“And what did she say when you left this early? She has to think you were only out for a good fuck.” I just had to tease him a little bit.
“She wasn’t awake, but I left her a note saying I would call her later.”
“Seth!” I scolded. “You can’t just do that! I could have called someone else!”
“Nah, you’re my bestest friend, of course I would come help you.” Seth leaned over and kissed the side of my head.
I smiled. “Be sure to call her then. And please tell her soon, I want to meet her soon!”
“Patience, Elinora.”

^^^

Seth followed me to the front desk of the little preschool in La Push.
“Good morning, I have a interview with Mrs. Anderson.” I spoke to the receptionist.
“Of course, she’ll be out in a second.” The woman told me.
I sat down on some waiting chairs next to Seth.
Mrs. Anderson is a woman in her early fifties, she was my teacher. She is kind but strict.” he whispered to me.
“Thank you.” I smiled.
“Should I come with you in?” he asked me.
I thought about it for a second. I didn’t want to risk looking like an idiot at the interview. “If you don’t mind.”
“Okay.” Seth took my hand in his.

“Hello, you must be Elia Agostino.” A woman said as she stopped in front of us.
“I am.” I stood up and shook her hand. “Nice to meet you.”
“Is it okay if my friend comes with me?” I asked.
“Yes, of course. Follow me.” She said and Seth led me after the clicking of her heels.
The interview went pretty well. She told me that I would get an answer within the following week. I was excited; I started feeling like an adult.

“Let’s go see what my mom has made for breakfast.” Seth said cheerily and swung our hands between us. He had to give me a piggy back ride when the rain started pouring.
We were laughing when we burst into the small front room of Seth’s childhood home; he still lived here when he wasn’t at college.
“Seth, you hairy wolf!” I screamed when he shook his head and droplets hit my face.
He started laughing again and I punched his arm; I don’t think he really felt it.

“Okay, I’ll go call Sofia and you’ll go eat before I come and take it all.” He instructed and turned me in the direction of the kitchen.
“Deal.” I grinned and followed the delightful scent of warm pancakes. “Hi Sue.”
“How good to see you Elia.” she said and pulled me into a hug. “But what are you doing here so early?”
“I had a job interview and then Seth brought me here for food.” I said innocently and sat down with the kitchen table. Sue placed a plate in front of me.

“Why isn’t Paul with you?” Sue was kind of like a mother to me, but not exactly; maybe more like an aunt. She looked after me and cared for me.
“I’m mad at him.” I mumbled and started nibbling at the food.
“Is something wrong?” she asked in a concerned voice.
“The only thing that is wrong is that he was a horny teenager and he can’t get a job as a police officer in Forks.
Sue sighed. “Do you want me to talk to Charlie?”
“I couldn’t ask you that. But he said he would fix it today.” I said and put on a smile as Seth sat down beside me.

I could practically feel the excitement radiate off him. “What’d she said?”
“She is coming over right now for breakfast.” he said as he showed food into his throat.
“I hope you’ll get better manners before she comes.” I joked and took a bite out of my own food.
“Good thing I made too much.” Sue said happily.

There was a soft knock on the door and Seth practically jumped out of his seat. I had to hold back my laughter as I heard the door swing open and hit the wall. Their voices were muffled.
Sofia; this is my best friend Elia and my mother Sue.”
“Hi.” She said shyly.
I stood up to shake her hand. “Nice to finally meet you Sofia, Seth won’t shut up about you.”
“Elia!” Seth whined.
“Oh shush.” I said and sat back down.

He introduced her for Sue before they sat down. I wanted to save Seth from the awkward silence that set.
“Where are you from Sofia?” I asked when I had finished my pancakes.
“Seville in Spain.” She told me.
I smiled. “I have never been there, but I’m from Italy.”
“Do you think the weather is strange as well?” She asked urgently.
I laughed. “You’ll get used to is.

“Sofia is going to be a nurse.” Seth said in a proud voice, again I had to stop my laughter.
“That might get in handy with you running around like-“
“Shut up Elia!” Seth kicked my foot under the table.
I blushed. “Sorry.”
“How do you know each other?” she asked us.
I shrugged. “We’re kind of in the same pa- I mean group of friends. I met Seth through my boyfriend. And we were in the same classes in high school; Seth was my helper. I’m blind, you know.”
“Yes, Seth mentioned that.” I noticed her voice had a accent.

“How long is it since you left Seville?” I asked her.
“When I started college.” She told me.

My phone buzzed and I found it in my purse.
“Hello?” I asked.
Elia, come home, I have news.” It was Paul.
“You’ll have to come get me; I’m at Sue’s.” I said and noticed how hard my voice turned.
I can’t, make Seth follow you.” he hung up.
“You lazy bastard!” I muttered. “Do you mind following me home, Seth? Paul is being stupid.”
“Of course, Elinora. Is it okay with you?” I believed he turned to Sofia.
“Yes, I’m finished.”

We walked outside and the rain had decreased and was only a comfortable drizzle. I was mostly silent, worried about what Paul had done and didn’t follow in the two love birds conversation. I felt anxious.
“We’re here.” Seth kissed my cheek and I wrapped my arms around him in a hug.
Tell her.” I whispered sternly before letting him go. “It was nice to meet you, Sofia.” I waved at where I thought she stood before turning around and letting myself inside.

“Paul.” I called.
“I’m in the living room.”
I took my shoes of and threw my purse away before walking into the living room. “So what’s the news?” I asked and stood in the middle of the room.

“I have joined the army.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know if you noticed a change in Elia, but I think she has come a little out of her shell. and sorry for the big time jump, but I thought it fit :P
And also, I don't think I'll write so many chapters in Paul's point of view, 'cause I don't know what things are like in a war zone.
I think Sofia is weird O.ô

Someone asked me questions at my formspring, it made me really happy :D

And thank you for all the comments! I love them all, you are amazing readers and most of you have been with me since the beginning :D You have to let me know what you think about this chapter.

I'll update if I get ten new comments!

Comment and Subscribe :)


~ BreeVixen

Ps, wasn't this a long chapter? :D I loved writing it!