Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Weak.

[Paul's Point of View]

“Up early again?” my mother asked me when I came into the kitchen, half asleep.
“Yeah…” I mumbled. I only had four hours of sleep.
“I’m starting to like this Elia if she get you up in the morning.” My mother chuckled and placed some pancakes in front of me.
“Thanks.” I shoved them in my mouth before I stood up and left to Elia’s house.

She was sitting on her porch when I got there. I sat down beside her and laid my head on her shoulder.
“Good morning Paul.” Elia grinned and took my hand.
“Hmm...” I was all I said.
“What’s wrong?” she asked in a worried tone.
“I didn’t get much sleep last night.”
“Do you want to skip school then?” she put a hand on my hair.
“Yes, but I won’t. I can sleep in class.” I stood up and pulled her up with me. “On my back or do you want to walk?”
“I can walk.” Elia said.
“Okay.” I wrapped my arm around her waist and started walking.

We walked in silence. I kissed her cheek before I left her at her first class. As I had said to Elia, I fell asleep the minute the teacher started his lesson. It felt like Jacob woke me up just when I had fallen asleep. But I heard the bell.
“Shit, Elia is waiting.” I gathered my books and rushed to her class room.
She stood right outside her the door, with a sad expression.
“Hi, what’s wrong?” I asked and took her hand.
“Nothing.” She mumbled.
“Okay.” I followed her to art before I rushed to my own class. When I kissed her cheek, she froze. I saw that Dakota boy from yesterday help her inside. I hated the feeling of jealousy. It made my anger harder to control.

My anger was the main reason I failed last year. I had problems with not phasing to a gigantic wolf every time I got irritated. Jared or Jacob had to be around me all the time when I was at school, Jared because he managed to talk me down and Jacob because he was stronger than me.

The two next classes passed quickly. I slept in both. I had followed Elia to her classes and it felt like a pattern was forming. I didn’t have anything against it though.
When I walked Elia to lunch she had her head down.
“Do you want to eat outside?” I asked after I had picked up our food. It was a beautiful day and the sun was shining.
“Yes, that would be nice.” Elia said and I guided her outside to some tables.
She didn’t say anything else.
“What’s wrong Elia?” I asked when we sat down.
She started picking apart a muffin. “I heard some girls talk after first period.”
I put my guard up. “What did they say?”
She was just about to answer when I heard a shrilling voice behind me. “Hi Paul!” It was Fiona from yesterday she bent down and kissed me! I felt anger pulse through me. “I just wanted to thank you for yesterday, it was fantastic. Do you want me to come over today too?” she started massaging my neck. I pulled away from her. I felt disgusted when I saw the heartbroken face of Elia.
Fiona looked over at her at her and giggled. “Oh, hi Elia, I didn’t see you. I must be a little blind.” She giggled, kissed me again and walked away.
“That’s what I heard.” Elia mumbled. “Is it true, Paul, did you have sex with her before you came and held me in your arms, telling me you wouldn’t hurt me?”
I couldn’t lie to her. “Elia, I’m sorry.”
“You’re not even denying it?” she was about to cry.
“Elia, it was nothing. I just needed to relax.” I said and wanted to hit myself the second the words left my mouth. I grabbed her hand. “I’m so sorry, please forgive me.”
“Get your hands of me and leave me alone!”
“Elia, please don’t be like this. You said it yourself, we’re just friends.” Rage rose up in her and she slapped me. It didn’t hurt physically, but it broke my heart.
“Leave me alone Talley!” she yelled at me.

I stood up and walked home. Fuck, I really ruined everything. Fuck Fiona. I was the weakest and post pathetic idiot I’ve ever known.
♠ ♠ ♠
~ BreeVixen