Status: It is now rated R. dun dun dunnnn

When All the Lights Go Out

t h e q u i d d i t c h f i e l d

Early in the morning, when everybody was still asleep, only two students sat on the dewy grass of the Quidditch field. The quiet was undisturbed as they both sat on the small green blanket. Alex picked at the grass, not knowing what to say. But they couldn’t keep quiet for long.

“You’ve been gone for a long time, Nat. Things change.”

“No, people change.”

“Like you.”

Natalie scoffed, “I haven’t changed, Alex. I grew up!”

“Who’s been feeding you that bullshit? Jesus, what has happened to the Natalie Grimm we knew? The one who ruled the fucking school and didn’t give a damn about what’s good for her, what’s wrong? You’re acting like- like…”

“Like what Alex? Spit it out.”

“Like a Gryffindor! You’ve been making nice with everyone; more then usual. You don’t hear what the Slytherins have been saying. You don’t hear what anyone says. I mean, Lexie won’t shut up on how-,”

“Lexie doesn’t talk. She’s my best friend,” Natalie glared at Alex as she tried to keep her voice strong. “You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Alex shook his head at his friend who was in obvious denial. Never had Alex seen her so vulnerable before; it killed him.

“Hogwarts is a lot harsher then you remember.”

Suddenly, Natalie stood as she couldn’t take anymore.

“Harsh? You wanna talk about harsh? I was in a fucking Russian military camp for two years! Do you know what they do to you if a hair is out of place? Or when you step out of line- literally the fucking line? You don't know shit, Alex!”

Alex gently took Natalie’s small hands into his, “Nat, you have to understand…”

Natalie started to walk away, not caring that she left her belongings, “I don't want to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ehh, sorry it isnt awesome.

xoxo