Status: It is now rated R. dun dun dunnnn

When All the Lights Go Out

t h e g r e a t h a l l

“Miss Grimm! It’s so nice to see you back!” shrieked the Bloody Baron, the house ghost, as I entered the Great Hall. “Where is Lexie? You two are still friends correct?”

I laughed, “Of course, she went to find her boyfriend.”

“Well it’s absolute that your back! It’s lovely to see you,” the Bloody Baron swept away- scaring others and saying hello to Slytherins.

Walking to my table, I already saw my seat that I’ve had for five years. To the left were Blaise Zabini and Draco Malfoy. Draco may think he rules Slytherin, but that’s hardly the case. Alex McKnight does. The perfect male species. Alex is a great friend, his parents and mine are known for being best friends along with Lexie’s. Apparently to Lexie, he and I are destined to be together. I rolled my eyes at the thought and sat next to Draco.

“Hey boys,” I smiled and looked at Blaise, “Lexie is looking for you, dude.”

Blaise stood up, telling us not to wait for him, because he’ll already be in the common room or somewhere else.

“We’ll be in the common room,” I mocked. “Yeah right!”

Draco laughed, “How was your summer Natalie?”

“Good, we went to Germany and the States.”

“Sounds fun. How was- how was it?” He whispered as the first years opened.

“Tons of fun. Plenty of boys!”

Draco nodded, taking a sip of his drink. “I’m sure Alex will love that.”

“Be quiet. Dumbledore is talking!”

“Oh, nice save.”

That’s how it went with me and Draco; he was like my little brother. I could easily trust him, but I do have to watch what I say around him. He’ll do whatever it takes to be on top. I’m serious. If you haven’t met his dad then consider yourself extremely lucky. They weren’t many first years left, but there was a good amount.

I scanned the Great Hall for Alex. For some reason I never saw him on the train or when we got off. Groaning, I focused my attention back on Dumbledore who was just starting his speech or he was in the middle of it.

“Pst, Potter! Is it true you fainted?” I turned around to find Draco mocking Harry. I giggled and acted like I was fainting onto the ground. Harry and Ron glared at us, which I found amusing.

“You’re so mean,” I teased as I placed a hand on Draco’s shoulder and let it rest there. Dumbledore was finishing up his speech.

“…-the new students feel welcome. Oh! And since our last Defense Against the Darks Arts teacher didn’t work out, please welcome Professor R. J. Lupin!”

The whole hall cheered loudly as Professor Lupin stood up and waved slightly. I could see Draco rolling his eyes, “Obviously, Gryffindor.”

I ignored his comment and kept staring at Lupin who had sat down by now. Myself and probably a lot of other girls were disappointed that he didn’t say anything. Lexie was right, he was hot. The last few words were finished and with a nod, the feast began. No matter how much I loathed Dumbledore, I was truly fascinated with how powerful he was and all the magic he knew.

I shrieked as someone poked me in the sides. Laughing, I turned around; it was Alex. I hugged him from my seat, “Where were you?”

Alex shrugged, “I got here early. Where’s Blaise?”

“Lexie,” Draco and I said at the same time. Alex gave a knowing smile and started to pile food onto his plate. All around us were fellow Slytherins talking about their summer and how they’re so glad to see all of us. I snorted, self-preservation is huge for us. If Suzie Q had to choose between her dying and all of us dying, she would choose us.

“So, Natalie, how was Camp?” Pansy asked. Bitch, I thought. She’s always been jealous of and she should be. The people around us stopped talking and waited for my answer. Even some from the Gryffindor table listened in.

I chuckled, picking at my salad, “It was fine. I worked out a lot so I could beat the crap out of anyone if I really wanted to.”

Apparently that was all that was needed for her to shut up. Alex chuckled at my remark.

I was in the middle of eating when Professor Lupin strolled over to me.

“Miss Grimm, I would like to thank you for showing me around the train,” Lupin spoke with poise and grace. Now, I was taught grace and poise all my life, but I’ve never heard anyone speak like that.

“Um, no-no problem, dude- professor!” I rushed. Lupin chuckled and patted my shoulder.

“I’ll be seeing you in class, Miss Grimm.”

After he left Draco and Alex busted into laughter. I started at my plate of food; for the first time I was embarrassed by someone from the other sex.
♠ ♠ ♠
im not lovin this but its got to start somewhere. thoughts?
i got a twitter. its for my storys as well.
so stalk me, follow me @cassikill

and check out my story "An Open Book"
trust me its worth it.

Image
Cassi