You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 26

The silk covers surrounded my body as I woke up from my slumber, the sunlight pouring through the window, heating up my stony flesh.

I felt something move beside me, and I froze, my instinct telling me not to move or I would be in even more danger.

“Shush. It’s alright; it’s me.” The voice whispered. I felt his hand in mine as I relaxed under his touch.

“What are you doing here?” I murmured, still drowsy from last night.

“I had to make sure you were okay. Plus, it’s fascinating. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen someone sleep,” he told me; keeping his voice low.

I cracked a smile and raised my hand to his face, tracing the contours of his face. My fingers lightly traced around his lips to feel he was grinning.

“Come on, let’s go to the Willow Tree,” he told me, grasping onto my hand.

In no time at all I was on his back jumping through my bedroom window with the breeze blowing around us.

After a little while I felt him pull me round to his front whilst my legs were still clasped around his waist. I closed my eyes and rested my head on his chest, feeling it rise and fall although he had no reason to breathe. I felt him move one of his hands from around my waist to my chin, raising it up so he could get a good look at my face.

I felt something stir within me, a feeling I had never had before, and before I knew it, I spoke.

“Kiss me.” I whispered.

He slowly moved his face towards mine, making sure it was what I wanted. Finally, our lips touched in a soft embrace and they moved against each other, tantalisingly slow. It began to get more heated as he began to press his lips harder against mine, all caring gone as passion took its place. I raised my hands from around his neck to his hair, all thought of gentleness gone.

I soon started to get out of breathe and Lee could tell, so he gently placed me on the ground, laying down next to me. I turned onto my side and rested my head on his chest, interlocking my legs with his. He put an arm around my shoulders, tracing patterns on my skin.

For a while we just lay there; enjoying each other’s company surrounded in nature.

“Did you know I’m an architect?” he asked me, breaking the silence.

“No, I didn’t.” I replied, wondering why he brought it up.

“I built Nessie and Jacobs house. To their design,” he continued.

“Oh.”

“I could build us a house, you know, if you wanted me too,” he told me, wary of my reaction.

"What?" I asked, shocked.

“You don’t have to.” He stuttered. “I was just saying I could build us a house, it could be perfect. Just imagine it, you and me in our dream home. We could have an old country cottage made of old stone with a massive fireplace. Or a mansion; with billions of bedrooms and bathrooms. Just think about it.”

I kissed his lips. “I would like that very much,” I told him, cracking into a smile.

A broad grin rose on his face and he broke into laughter.

“Thank you,” he told me, turning me so I was on my back with him hovering above me. His lips crashed onto mine and I could feel him smile through the kiss. I kissed him back with as much force and to my dismay he pulled away.

“Did I do something wrong?” I asked him, worried.

“Far from it; I had to stop or I wouldn’t be able to control myself.”

My face broke out into a grin.