You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 32

I lit the final candle in my room. I had lit around 20 of them, giving it a romantic feel for when Lee would come home and I would tell him I love him. I turned out the lights, sitting in the middle of the bed. I had told Esme that when Lee comes home he should send him upstairs. I was still waiting for him.

I sat thinking of what Lee and I could do together to my final days. We could go on holiday, maybe use Isle Esme. Or we could just sit together watching movies. I wouldn’t mind, as long as I was with him.

If I were human my heart would have been thumping in my chest as I heard many footfalls approaching the mansion. I sat up, waiting for Lee to walk in the room. I heard quiet murmurs downstairs, but they were to quiet for me hear.

Finally, I found the door opening, but instead of Lee there was Jasper.

“Oh hey. When will Lee come in? I need to tell him I love him.” I grinned at him. He walked closer, choosing to sit in front of me, legs crossed.

He took both of my hands in his.

“Eviee.” He said slowly. My head cocked to the side.

“What is it?” I asked curiously.

“It’s Lee.”

“What about him?” My voice raised a couple of octaves. Had he left me, decided he didn’t love me anymore?

“He won’t be coming back. He’s dead.” He paused, waiting for my reaction.

I laughed. “Lee can’t be dead. He promised he’d never leave me. Now where is he? I need to tell him I love him.” I got up, reaching for the door, but he pulled me back.

“I’m not lying, Eviee. He really is gone.”

I got close to his face, memorising his features. There was no hint of laughter on his face, his eyes held sadness and pain.

“B-but he can’t be gone.” I said naively.

“He is, Eviee.” He said firmly.

“N-no. He can’t be. He said he’d never leave me.” I started thrashing against his broad chest, as his words started to sink in.

“Sshh,” He murmured.

“No!” I started thrashing even more, until he was forced to let go. I felt myself running through the halls and rooms of the house; they were all deserted until I reached the big living room. I couldn’t find Lee’s scent. Where was he?

I felt my legs collapse from under me, pulling me down onto the floor. Jasper was behind me, catching me. He cradled me against his chest whilst I had a round of hysterics.

Everyone was quiet, just watching me. My chest hurt, before this I believed that when you lost a loved one it was only hard emotionally. But no, I felt the pain physically as well.

I felt something warm trickle down my face. I lifted my hand, wiping at my cheek, to realise I had blood on my hand. I wiped at my face more, there was more blood on my hand. I kept imagining it as Lee’s blood. Of course, it was impossible, vampires don’t bleed. So why was I?

I couldn’t care less any more. Once again, I buried my face in Jaspers chest.

“I was gonna tell him I loved him.” I murmured.

“I know,” he said, his voice pained,

“How?” I was pretty much incoherent, but Jasper seemed to realise that I wasn’t asking how he knew I loved him. He knew I wanted to know how he died.

“He was killed. Don’t ask any more questions. Just rest.”

I knew Jasper could have calmed me down, but perhaps he didn’t want to. Perhaps crying bloody tears would make me recover that much more quickly. I was crying tears which needed to by cried. For everything that happened in my life, they were showing in tears.

200 years worth.