You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 39

In the end I got a painting from Carlisle and Esme. The artist being Claude Monet: Water Lily Pond.
From Edward and Bella I got an 3Gpod (A,N: I made up the name considering that we are around 40 years into the future, 3Gpod is just like an iPod really.) with around 4000 songs on it.
Rosalie and Alice got me an extravagant necklace with emeralds in it.
Emmett got me a blue striped guitar.
Nessie, Jacob and Seth got me Shakespeare’s “First Folio”. A book that was published in 1623, seven years after Shakespeare’s death and contains a dozen plays that have never been reprinted as well as many that are considered classics today.
And Jasper got me a photo album. Nessie had pressed her hand to my face whilst I was looking at it, I saw an old sepia photo of my father, my mother and I whilst I was a baby. I never knew what she had looked like, but I had her eyes. Jasper had his arm around my mother while she was holding me. I began to cry after that, murmuring stuff along the lines of ‘you didn’t have to...I’m not that special’ and other incoherent sentences. After that photo there were many more similar, until they stopped when daddy was no longer part of the family. Then pictures cropped up of my time with them many years ago and then the past year. There was a picture of me smiling, watching The Dark Knight, another of me and Lee talking; hundreds of images continued whilst my bloody tears ran down my face.
After the presents we had a small party. They all sang happy birthday. I was 188. They all made a toast, drinking donated human blood as it was a special occasion.
I soon went to bed again. Feeling tired and my body aching.
***
I woke the next morning and found it difficult to move. When I did my whole body screamed in protest.

“Carlisle!” I almost screamed.

“What’s wrong, Eviee?” He rushed.

“I...I can’t move, it hurts.” I said, panicked.

“Okay, Eviee. Just relax or it will hurt more. Okay?”

I nodded, before wincing.

“I’m just going to feeling along your joints, okay? See if there are any more problems.

He lifted the cover off my body and gasped.

“What is it, what’s wrong?”

“Your whole body appears to be covered in an angry red rash. I have never seen something so bad.”

It was then I thought about something. “Where is everyone else?”

“They were all in need of a hunt. I said I’d stay here and watch over you.”

I felt him touch down my leg, and I winced again. It seemed the slightest movement or touch caused me harm. “What’s happening to me?” I said quietly to myself.

“You’re dying, Eviee. That is all I know. I think it would be best if you don’t move from now on.”

“Yes Carlisle.”

I felt him turn to go.

“Carlisle?” I called out.

“Yes, Eviee?”

“When I’m gone, look after him for me.” He was aware of who I meant.

“Of course, Eviee. It will be the last thing I do.”

“Thank-you.” I said tiredly, before I was succumbed to sleep once again.