Status: Done and Dusting. :)

It Hurts in the Worst Way

Sixteen

Bright lights shinned into my eyes waking me. It wasn’t like sun light shinning into your eyes in the morning because this light was really bright and only was there for a short moment. It reminded me of a torch light actually. I fluttered my eyes open slowly though I really didn’t want to. The first thing I saw was a white ceiling...Where am I?

I forced my eyes to stay open seeing as all they wanted to do was close again. I tried to lift my heaving head off the pillow.

“Oh, I’m sorry did I wake you?” Someone asked in a kind voice.

I blinked a little startled. I turned my head to the left where I heard the voice. There was a lady standing next to the bed I was laying in. She was wearing a dark blue button up shirt and white pants. She was holding a chart board in her hand. She looked just like a nurse.

I looked away from her slightly to the area around her. I’m in a hospital room...

“Why am I here?” I asked my voice cracking a little.
“You collapsed, don’t you remember?” The lady said in gentle voice.

I tried to think of what happened after the concert. Images started coming back. I remember walking after Craig and Max to the bus with the boxes. We walked out the venue...

“Oh.” I mumbled.

I remember now. I also remember Craig’s worried stricken face before everything went black. I’ve probably scared him and the guys to bits. I shouldn’t have done that night at the merch table. I’ve over done it, way over done it.

“Your friends called an ambulance for you; you have been asleep for quite some time.” She explained. “How are you feeling now?” She asked placing her hand on my fore head for a moment.
“Still tired.” I sighed.

She nods her head and gave me a soft smile.

“Go back to sleep and have some more rest.” She said gently moving her hand away.

I just nod my head weakly. I agree with getting more rest. The lady gave me a smile then looked away smiling at something else on the other side of me. Before I could look at what she was looking at her turned her attention to me and walked towards the door.

“If you need me for anything, just press the nurse button.” She said.
“Ok.”

With that she opened the door and walked out closing it behind her. I let out a long breath and went to lift up my left hand to move the hair off my face. I noticed right away my hand felt weird. I lifted it up so I could see it. I have a drip in my arm, ugh. I carefully pushed the hair off my face and placed my hand back down carefully. I better remember that I have a drip in that hand.

Then suddenly I realised that I couldn’t move my right hand. I looked at that side of me for the first time since I woke up. I jumped shocked at what I saw for a moment. I didn’t expect to see Craig there holding my hand asleep.

He was sitting on the chair next to my bed with his head resting on the edge of my pillow and his hand wrapped around mine gently. His breathing was slow, deep and calm. Though in his sleep he didn’t look so calm; he looked worried and even stressed. I looked at him sadly. He looked like that because of me. He’s worried about me...

I carefully pulled my hand free from his and reached up to his face. I moved the hair that covered his face out of the way and behind his ear. I could see him more clearly now. I let my hand softly run down his face and as I did this the slightest smile pulled at his lips in his sleep. This made me smile softly too.

I placed my hand softly on his hand and closed my eyes, still smiling lightly.

*~*~*

I woke to the feeling of someone running their fingers through my hair gently. Though I was slowly waking up I kept my eyes closed and stayed still where I was. It felt nice; it almost made me forget that I was in the hospital until I could smell the disinfectant and my left hand feeling weird from the drop. I let out a long silent sight.

I stayed still where I was with my eyes closed for at least 10 or more minutes before I sighed again. Might as well open my eyes now to see who was running their fingers through my hair, but I’m pretty sure I know who it was already. I fluttered my eyes open slowly to see the white ceiling. The person stopped what they were doing.

“Claire?” I heard Craig’s voice softly say.

I looked away from the ceiling and to my side slightly. Suddenly Craig’s face came into view. He smiled at me but I could tell he was still worried. I could see it in his eyes.

“Hey Craig.” I said my voice just above a whisper.
“Hey.” He said gently. “How are you feeling?”

Craig moved from where he was sitting in the chair to the edge of my bed.

“Better.” I sighed. “Way better then what I was.”

He smiled brightly as I said that and I saw a little relief in his eyes. I smiled lightly back and Craig leaned down to hug me. I wrapped right arm around him lightly before he pulled away kissing my forehead. I smiled up at him.

I then scooted over in my bed a little. Craig looked at me confused but I pattered the bed next to me. He smiled getting what I meant and laid down next to me. He took my right hand in his. I leaned my head on his shoulder. We were quiet for a long moment.

“You know you scared the shit out of me.” He stated. “And the guys.”

I looked away almost feeling guilty. I bet I scared them to bits.

“Sorry.” I said.

Craig tightens his hand around mind and sighed loudly.

“It’s ok; just never do that again.”

I nod my head lightly...But I still felt bad. I should of had said something of what I was feeling. I stayed quiet for a long time, so did Craig. But the silence wasn’t awkward at all; it was almost a nice atmosphere around us. Well it was until Craig spoke again, not that I minded.

“I wish we still know what is wrong with you...” He trailed off.

I looked up at him then and blinked.

“They don’t know?” I asked.
“No, not yet. Their still waiting for the test results.” He rolled his eyes obviously annoyed.

I was annoyed too, in the back of my head I was hoping they knew by now too.

“They’ll find out soon, we just have to wait.” I said half convincing myself as well as Craig.

I felt him nod his head and squeeze my hand again. I did it back and closed my eyes lightly. This bright white room was annoying my eyes.

Once again we lied there quiet for a long time. Craig started humming a random song and I just listened, every now and then looking up at him before closing my eyes again. Why do hospital rooms have to be so bright for?

Suddenly out of know where I head a door open. I opened my eyes and looked at the door. The rest of the guys walked in. Once they saw me looking at them, they pretty much ran up to my bed and hugged my one at a time. I chuckled lightly and hugged them back the best I could with one arm.

“How are you feeling?”
“When did you wake up?”

Both Monte and Robert asked at the same time. I was about to answer back but I noticed Max standing at the end of my bed with his hands on his hips. I heard Craig mumble something before laughing but I missed it. I think it was something about him acting like a bitchy girl. Max narrowed his eyes at me.

“You scared up half to fucking death!” He exclaimed stomping his foot.

The rest of us tried out best not to laugh at him. Max then sighed out loud.

“Ok, I feel better now, how you feeling?” He asked.

I couldn’t help but laugh lightly then which made the others laugh. I’ve seen Max do some weird random things but that had to be one of the funniest.

“I’m feeling a lot better now.” I smiled lightly.

And I was; I wasn’t so run down like I was before, but I still felt a little weak, hence why I haven’t bothered to move much.

“Well that’s good.” Monte smiled. “Craig was almost pulling his hair out last night.” He chuckled.

I looked up at Craig to see him glaring at Monte. He then looked at me and quickly away. I squeezed his hand. I knew he was worried about me, but not that worried.

“We brought you some stuff.” Robert said.

I looked away from Craig and to Robert to see him placing a bag on the bedside table.

“Thanks.”
“No prob.” He smiled sitting down in one of the chairs.
“Well it’s a good thing we got here while you’re awake.” Max smirked. “We can save you from boredom now!” He cheered.

I chuckled and nod my head. There was no way I could be bored with my guys with me. I smiled at that but in the back of my head I started to worry about some things, the most important one; what will the doctor find wrong with me and when.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...like it? hate it?
What do you think is wrong with her?! D:
comment and make me update? ;D

Thanks for all that have commented and subcribed so far! <3