Status: Done and Dusting. :)

It Hurts in the Worst Way

Eighteen

I looked at Dr, Murray with confused wide eyes. He just kept talking about what they found in my results. I have to admit I only understood half of what he was saying...I wish he could just speak plain simple English, even the nurse looked confused.

“...So because of you results and symptoms, I seem to think you came into contact of something your allergic of.” He said looking up at me from the pieces of paper. “We’ll have to do a simple test later but I think we may have found out what it was already, seeing as you had been bitten by ants lately.”
“So you think I’m allergic to ants?” I asked blinking.
“Yes, it seems the obvious cause at the moment. Being allergic to ants isn’t very common thing to hear about, but there are a lot of people that are.”

I nod my head in understanding. So all of this sickness, rashes and everything else could have been cause by a simple small thing like an ant. Those little annoying pricks! I shook my head lightly. All of this because of some ants!

“So what kind of test do you need to do?” I asked slowly almost as if I was scared to hear the answer.
“Well the main test that I would be doing, is a simple test we do to see what causes allergic reactions. We’ll place small drops of different things on your skin and with a small needle we prick the skin, then we just wait to see if you have a reaction to any of them.” He explained simply.

I nod my head. Well that doesn’t seem so bad of a test; I’ve seen people get them done on those medical shows. They looked simple enough on there and, plus, if it figures out what has been wrong with me, than that’s all I care about.

“But we won’t be doing that until maybe tomorrow, when the reactions that you have now go down a bit more, if we do the test now it will make it hard to see what is causing it.” The nurse –Sarah- said smiling at me.

The doctor nods his head agreeing with her, smiling lightly.
Suddenly there was a beeping sound. I had no idea where it was coming from until the doctor pulled his pager off his belt and looked at it. His eyes widen slightly almost in shock.

“I’m sorry but I’m needed for a trauma patient.” He said quickly. “I’ll come and see you tomorrow morning Claire, Sarah will be here if you need her.”
“Ok, thank you.” I said lightly.

He smiled at me and Sarah before quickly walking out the room. He is such a busy man. I actually hate to have his job. I looked away from the door and at Sarah.

“Did you understand all of that hun?” She asked softly.
“I did.” I said nodding my head.

She smiled at me before checking the rash on my arm. She wrote something down on her clip board and placed the board at the end of my bed. I just sat there watching her.

“I’m going to do my rounds now ok, if you need anything just press the buzzer.” She said.
“I will thanks.” I smiled.

She then walked calmly out the room. I let out a long breath and let my head fall back on my pillow. I let relief wash over me. Sure, yes it is an allergic reaction and that can be serious but it’s a lot better than so many other things that could have been the cause of this. I felt relief that it wasn’t them and it was something like this that is easily treatable with simple medicines. Well once we find out if it really was the ants fault.

Thinking over it now; I really do think it is their fault.
Like this whole sickness or whatever you want to call it all started at the start of the tour when we found ants in the bus. And also got worse when I got bitten more than once. But it annoyed me a bit; all of this because of ants! Little tiny things that you would think could never do much but be annoying...

I shook my head sighing and closing my eyes. Ants. Fucking ants.

We are de-anting that bus once I get out of here.

“Hallo my bitch!” Max’s voice suddenly filled the room.

But before I had the chance to open my eyes I felt someone jump on my bed. I snapped my eyes open and lifted my head just a slight bit to look in front of me. Max smiling at me straddling my legs. I juts raised an eyebrow at him and gave him a ‘what the hell are you doing?’ look. I noticed the others around my bed from the corners of my eyes and I also noticed Craig didn’t look happy.

“I have – I mean we have something for you.” Max beamed.
“Yous do?” I asked blinking.

Max put his hand inside of his jacket like he was going to pull out a gun or a package. I titled my head to the side confused. What the hell is he doing?

He suddenly pulled something out of his jacket and handed it to me smirking. I took it and gasped. It was a whole block of chocolate! And my favourite! And the really over priced stuff. I blinked looking at it and then looked up at the guys who were all smiling at me now. Craig’s smile didn’t touch his eyes.

“You guys didn’t hav-“
“We did because we love you!” Monte smiled cutting me off.

Now how could I say no to that? I smiled back at them.

“Thankyou guys. I love you all too.”

Max then leaned forward and squashed me in a hug. I hugged back trying to breathe before he let go. He got off my bed and Monte gave me a hug, then Robert. When Craig gave me a hug I held him for a moment longer. I don’t know why but I felt like if he was really upset over something, though I couldn’t even really tell. Weird right?

“You ok?” I whispered in his ear.

He pulled away and gave a quick small nod with his head. That little gesture gave it away, that’s not like him. There is something wrong. I went to ask him something but I got cut off by Robert.

“So has the doc seen you yet?”
“Uh, yeah he has, about 10 minutes ago.” I said looking at him.

“And?” Monte asked.

“They think I’m allergic to ants.”

*~*~*

“Right tomorrow, or the next day we are going to stay in a hotel or something and put bug bombs in the bus to kill those fuckers.” Max stated.

I could help but laugh a bit at that, so did the others. We had been talking about this for the last 2 hours I think, odd topic to talk about but we have to get rid of those ants somehow.

“Yep, I agree and place a bomb in the under part of the bus too.” Monte said.

They kept talking about it and I just listened. You know they sound like their going to war with the ants. I bit back a laugh thinking that. Now that would be funny to see. I smiled softly and rested my head back on the raised up bed. I’m starting to feel a little tired now, but not enough to tell the guys to leave yet. I wouldn’t ask them to leave until I couldn’t keep my eyes open anymore.

I turned my head and glanced at Craig. He was sitting on the chair to the left of the bed, staring across the room, seeming not to listen to a thing the others were saying. I looked at him sadly. I wonder what is upsetting him. I felt my heart ache knowing he was upset.

~* Craig’s POV *~

“I guess we better go now.” I hear Robert mumble after their talk about bug bombing the bus.
“Yeah, I think visiting hours are almost up and I’m starving.” Max said.

Monte nods his head agreeing. I watched as they stood up and got out of the chirr too. I looked at Claire, she looked at us looking a bit sad and not wanting us to go yet. She sighed after a moment and nods her head.

“Yeah, well, I’ll see you all tomorrow.” She said.

The guys gave her a hug each. I stayed where I was. They all said their good bye’s, sweet dreams etc and headed for the door. I sighed.

“Hey guys, I’m going to stay with Claire longer, ok.” I said.

Truth was I did really want to stay with her and I didn’t want to go back to the bus, not the way I’m feeling right now. All the guys looked at me.

“Ok, see you later then.” Monte said smiling lightly.

I made myself smile back as the waved walking out the room. They left and I closed my eyes. Another reason why I didn’t want to go with them was because I fell like I’m going to break down any second and I don’t want them around if that happened. Their worried enough about me as it is.

“Come here Craig.” Claire said softly.

I opened my eyes and looked at her. She gave me a soft smile and moved over in the bed before patting the space next to her. I walked over to the bed and sat next to her. She picked up the bed remote and makes the bed flat. I lay down next to her. She took my hand.

“Craig, what’s wrong?” She asked.

I looked up at her blue eyes.

“Everything.” I mumbled.

She looked at me worried. Then that was when I noticed I was starting to cry. I just could hold it in anymore. Claire quickly pulled me into her arms. This reminded me of when I first found out I had lost my cousins and Claire was holding me then. I buried my head in her neck.

“It’s ok, let it all out.” She whispered in my hair rubbing my back.

So that’s what I did, I let all my feelings out in tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
So finally you know what is wrong with her! :]
Did anyone think of that? (I think someone asked or said about that in a comment before, but i can't remember if it was here or quizilla ><) Bet you haven't seen that in a Craig Mabbitt story before! xD
Comment on it? please? D: