Status: Done and Dusting. :)

It Hurts in the Worst Way

Two

“I stumbled over, a four leaf clover, that I over looked before!” Max singed into the mic.

Me and the others laughed. He had been watching Bugs Bunny to much. I shook my head smiling as I spined around on the drum stool.

It was the first show of the tour and they were doing sound check. It’s already hard to believe that we had only left home this morning. Roughly two more months of tour before we can go home...In a way it’s sad because we wont be home for that long, but at the same time it’s good because going on tour is fun. And me being their merch girl or “merch bitch” as they call me on this tour should be interesting. I’ve done it before but not for a whole tour.

“Claire, come and sing with me.” Craig smiled.

I looked at him like he had two heads.

“I can’t sing!” I exclaimed.

He wants me to sing with him?! I can’t sing if I tried in my option. I do sing with him every now and then, but I sound terrible. I shook my head.

“You can too sing!” Max and Monte yelled.

I shook my head again. Robert then walked over to me and pulled me up from the drum stool. He pushed me towards Craig. I sighed. There was no way out of it; it’s 4 against one. Robert pushed me to Craig then turned to walk back to the drums.

“Thanks Rob.” I mumbled sarcastically.
“Your welcome.” He smiled.

I smiled shaking my head. Craig smirked and turned to the mic in the stand. Now is my chance...

I turned to run off the stage but Max blocked me smirking and then I was picked up by someone. I should have known that this wouldn’t work...They all laughed and I pouted trying not to laugh myself.

“You’re not getting out of this.” Craig said.

Ok, so it was him that was carrying me. Just like this morning. Craig pulled out a chair from behind one of the big speakers and sat down in front of the mic, somehow placing me on his lap. He wrapped his arm around my waist to hold me there. I felt my cheeks heat up a lot...

He moved the mic down so it was in front of us. I sighed giving up, there was no way out of this; It’s not my fault if the windows crack and shatter...

“What song are we doing?” I mumbled.

Craig chuckled.

“I was thinking...Maybe Something?” He suggested.
“Yeah sure.” I mumbled shrugging.
“Oh don’t be like that, you love this song!”

I couldn’t help but laugh at the way he said ‘love’ in a funny voice. He smiled brightly knowing his plan to make me laugh worked.

“Ok then.” I said reaching out and fixing the mic into a better place. “Let’s get this over and done with.”

Craig, Max and Monte chuckled. Craig the signalled to the tech guys.

Oh shit!

I completely forgot about them! It’s bad enough I have to sing in front of my best friends but I have to sing in front of them too. I hid my face with my hair a little and leaned against Craig more.

“It’s ok, no need to be scared.” He whispered.

I nod my head. That’s true. If he can sing in front to hundreds of people than I can sing in front of my friends and about 7 tech guys...I Think...

Monte then counted down from 5 into the mic and then they started playing the music. I took a deep breath and got ready to sing.

(Craig. Claire. Both)

So now you're running
It's hard to see clearly
When I make you angry
You're stuck in the past
And now you're screaming
So can you forgive me
I've treated you badly
But I'm still here

Sometimes I wonder
Why I'm still waiting
Sometimes I'm shaking
That's how you make me
Sometimes I question why I'm still here
Sometimes I think I'm going crazy

Can you help me understand?

And now you wish that you meant something
And now you wish that you meant something to somebody else
And now you wish that you met someone
And now you wish that you meant something to somebody else
Something to somebody else
Something to somebody else

You look at me through clouded eyes
I know you see through my lies
See the sky, see the stars
All of this could be ours

Out of sight, out of mind
We've been through this a thousand times
Turn your back and then you make me feel so crazy

Can you help me understand?

And now you wish that you meant something
And now you wish that you meant something to somebody else
And now you wish that you met someone
And now you wish that you meant something to somebody else

You know I would wait for ever
Yes I would wait
(I would wait)
You know I would wait forever
Yes I would wait

And now you wish that you meant something
And now you wish that you meant
Something to somebody else
And now you wish that you met someone
And now you wish that you meant something to somebody else
And I'm the one that should mean something
But still you wish that you meant something to somebody else
Something to somebody else
Something to somebody else

The sound of claps filled the stare area around us. I turned and hid my face in Craig’s shoulder. I can’t believe I actually did that!

Craig laughed and wrapped his arms around me in a hug. I moved my head so my chin was on his shoulder. I hugged him back. Suddenly Max and Monte were behind Craig and in front of me. They bother smiled hugely.

“That was fucking awesome!” Max exclaimed.
“Your really good Claire.” Monte said smiling.
“Very good.” Craig added.

I smiled back at them and let Craig go. I stood up from his lap. Robert got up and from the drums and walked over to us. He gave me a thumbs up.

“Thanks guys.” I smiled beginning to blush.

They smiled back and then some tech guys came up on stage. Monte turned to talk to them, something to do with his guitar not being connected properly at the start of the song, I thought it was fine. I glanced down at my watch, I have to set up the merch table soon...

“Shit!” I exclaimed.

I’m late and I’m the only one that is at the merch table tonight! Seeing it was a small concert with just the guys playing, it’s kinda weird actually but that’s how it’s set up tonight.

“Shit what?” Robert asked.
“I’m late to set up the merch table. I have to go.”

I turned and started walking off stage.

“Wait! Where is our good luck hugs?” Monte called.

I laughed and quickly ran back to them. Them and their good luck hugs before shows. They always get one from me normally. After Craig broke his foot they always made sure they got a hug from me before the show because that night I wasn’t there to hug them and whish them luck. Though I’m not always there too anyways. I just think they want free hugs. But that’s fine by me.

I gave Monte a hug through it was hard since he had his guitar around him. I then hugged Max, then walked over to Rob and gave him a kiss on the cheek since he was sitting at his drums again. I gave Craig a quick hug.

“Good luck! Rock the roof off!” I smiled.

I then jumped off the waist high stage and ran to the front area of the venue as the others laughed behind me.

I got to the front to see the table already set. I smiled at that but it faded when I saw all the boxes. I sighed and walked behind the table. I started opening up the boxes of t-shirts.

Tonight is going to be a very busy night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter :D
So how was this one? did you like it?
Tell me in a comment ;)
<3