Status: Done and Dusting. :)

It Hurts in the Worst Way

TwentyEight

My hearts was thumping in my chest so loud I thought everyone around me could hear it. I am so nervous yet excited at the same time it was crazy; I didn’t know if I should just jump up and down or scream.

But then again I always felt like this on the last show of the tour.

I still couldn’t believe it, it was the last show already. It feels like this tour has taken forever to finish with everything that happened but at the same time it went by so fast; sometimes when I re-think it over it was a blur in my head. Then I remember other things; and they were as clear as a bell.

I smiled softly as I pushed the merch table into the spot I wanted it to be in, it made a loud screeching noise but I ignored it and shoved it with my legs giving it a last push. I got it right where I wanted it. I smiled again and started moving the other table in to its spot causing more screeching. This time I wince slightly from it, I hear that noise pretty often but it’s not something anyone could get used to.

Once I got that table in place I turned around and almost screamed. I placed my hand over my heart and took a deep breath before closing my eyes for a moment. Two warm arms wrapped around me gently.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you babe.” Craig apologised.
“It’s ok.” I smiled opening my eyes. “Bit of a warning next time?”

Craig nods his head and kissed me gently for a second before pulling away smiling.

“I have a surprise for you, wanna see it?”

I’m pretty sure my eyes were sparkling or something right then because Craig started laughing as I nodded before taking my hand and pulling me away from the tables. I looked at him confused; it was away from the tables?

“Er, Craig, I have to get the tables set up before they open the doors...” I trailed off.
“This will only take a moment.” Craig said smiling.

I raised an eyebrow at him but followed anyway. It wasn’t often Craig had a surprise for me, so it make me wonder about it as we walked. What did he mean by ‘it’?

I walked beside Craig all the way down the hallway and out the backdoor. Once we were outside the first thing I noticed apart from the bands bus was the orange, pink and blue sky from the sunset. There were no clouds but the colour was pretty; I love sunsets. Craig pulled on my hand getting my attention making me look at him.

“Your surprise is right over there.” Craig smirked.

He pointed to the bus and when I saw the black, blue and white hair I gasped. Craig let go of my hand so I could run up to him. Ash met me half way and picked me up spinning me around in a circle a few times. I beamed at him and kissed his cheek, which he did back.

“So, a little birdie called Craig called me and told me two days ago you were in hospital a couple of weeks ago.” Ash stated placing me fully down on the ground.

That’s one of the things I liked about my cousin, he got right to the point, though at times it did get annoying. I bit my lip and nodded.

“And you didn’t tell you favourite cousin why?” Ash asked narrowing his eyes at me.

I blinked and stood back from him a little. I’m pretty sure I heard Craig snicker from
besides me but I ignored it, it could have been someone else.

“I was, I, uh...yeah?” I mumbled.

Ash started laughing and pulled me into a tight hug. That time I really hear Craig laugh from besides me.

“It’s ok, I know you were busy. Monte explained everything to me.” He smiled. “So allergic to ants aye?”
“Yeah, out of everything there is; I’m allergic to ants.” I rolled my eyes pulling away.
“Eh, could have been something worse. Your feeling better now right?”

I smiled and nodded.

“Pretty much right back to normal, finally.” I chuckled.

Ash beamed, glanced at Craig who was rather quiet during this then back at me.

“So where’s this merch table?” Ash winked walking towards the backdoor of the venue.

I was about to yell out to him that he didn’t have to help but he was inside before I could say anything. I looked at Craig and he shrugged.

“He offered to come and help.” He shrugged again before talking my hand in his. “Like your surprise?”
“It is great, thank you.” I smiled.

I went to kiss Craig’s cheek but he moved his head last second so I got his lips. I chuckled pulling away. Craig smiling like if he had won first prize for something. He squeezed my hand and we started walking back into the venue. Craig looked really thoughtful as we headed back to the tables. I smiled looking over at him, but didn’t ask what he was thinking about. It was mostly likely about the show.

*~*~*

“I knew it!” Ash yelled jumping up and down. “I knew it, I knew it!”

I watched as he jumped around amused before he leaped at me squishing me in a hug almost knocking the both of us over. I laughed and hugged him back hiding my now blushing face in his shoulder. He hugged me tighter if that was possible.

“I knew it was going to happen soon, Craig said something to someone on the phone when I was talking to him, calling them ‘babe’ that was you right?”
“Yeah it was.” I smiled blushing still. “So that was you he was talking to then, he said it was his mum, I didn’t believe him.”

Ash laughed and pulled away from me. Still almost bouncing up and down like a hyped up school girl. All I did was say ‘yes’ when he asked if me and Craig were together yet. Then again Ash can be a weird one, but that’s what I love about him.

He beamed at me and sat down on an unopened box of shirts. The show was currently two songs in and there was no one around at the table which for some reason always happened during the last show the most. Not that I am complaining, before the guys came on stage, this place was flat out. I am so happy Ash did turn up. I really owe him for this; I need to think of something to get him.

He already told me not to do anything as a thank you for helping me. But too bad I’m going to get him something if he likes it or not. But what..?

“Just a random question for you Claire.” Ash said gaining my attention. “I’m not getting anymore little cousins anytime soon right?” He smirked.

For a second I almost choked on my spit. I coughed a couple of times and hit him over the head. Ash being Ash just started laughing. And I only just got rid of that damn blush off my face.

I shook my head hiding my face with my hair and sat down next to him on the large box.

“Sorry, but that was funny.”
“Ha, ha, ha.” I said sarcastically.

Ash gave me a ‘please-don’t-be-mad-at-me’ look. That’s when I couldn’t help but smile. He sighed relived. I snickered to myself.

“Claire Bennington?”

I turned and looked to where I heard someone call my name. Behind me was a stagehand, I knew he was because I remember seeing him helping Robert out with his drums at sound check. I gave the guy a questioning look. I knew that Ash was.

“Yes?”
“The band asked for me to get you, they want you to come side stage.” He said politely.

I blinked and nod my head standing up. Why would they want me there for? Nothing happened did it? I still hear them playing...

I looked at Ash and smiled. But it was one of those ‘i-know-something-you-don’t-know’ smiles. I eyed him and be smiled more brightly at me.

“Go on quick! I can handle things here.”

I nod my head again eyeing him again before slowly walking off. I glanced at my cousin over my shoulder to see him waving. I gave a short wave as he yelled “have fun” what the hell did me mean by that?

I walked slightly faster to the guy that came to get me so I was walking somewhat besides him. I gave him a confused look but he didn’t see it because he was too busy looking ahead of us or checking his phone.

“Did fate say what they wanted me for?” I asked as he opened a door that led around to the back of the stage.
“No, sorry they didn’t say.”

I nodded and continued to follow him, still confused. It wasn’t often when I was asked to join them side stage because they knew I had to be at the merch table. The only other times that really happened were when Craig broke his foot and Max hurt himself. Other than that I don’t really remember a time. But their music was still playing and Craig was still singing, so that means no one hurt themselves right?

“Go through that door and you’ll come to the right side of the stage,” The guy smiled at me pointing to the door.

I actually already knew where to go, but I smiled, nodded and said a thank you before going through the door. I walked down the new hallway quickly when I noticed the music stopped and Craig started talking. Saying some crap about Max; this isn’t unusual at shows. Rather funny actually.

I immerged at the right side of the stage and at first all I noticed was the crowd. The amount of people almost took my breath away. Of course I knew that there would be so many people but seeing that from the stage made it almost surreal for me because normally I only see them either at the merch table or walking past it. I couldn’t actually describe what I was feeling; all I could think of was ‘wow’.

I tore my eyes away from the people and to the band just to see Max pointing me out to Craig. When our eyes locked he smiled brightly at me and I smiled back just the same. I watched as he faced the crowd again holding the mic to his mouth.

Ok, so I was at side stage now and none of them were hurt. I looked at them confused. Did they want me to watch them play a song or something?

“Hey everyone!” Craig said into the mic causing the crowd to cheer. “I have a very special person at side stage that I have a very special surprise for.”

The crowd cheered and yelled a few things that were hard to make out. Craig turned facing me holding his hand out as if he was asking me to take it.

“Claire, love, can you come out here into the stage please?” He asked smiling.

My eyes went wide and my draw dropped.

He wanted me to go on stage?
♠ ♠ ♠
There is just two chapters left!
To be honest why i haven't updated for a little was because i forgot about this, i've had it fully written for over a month and because it's all posted on my quizilla and no comments last chapter on here; i forgot it.
plus i have been busy with the stuff that has been going on.acting nurse for my parents :/
but as always did you like this? why did Craig want her on stage for?
make me remember to update this? i can have the next 2 chapters posted at anytime you know, but i like to have a reason to do so. :D

Comment and Subscribe?