Status: Done and Dusting. :)

It Hurts in the Worst Way

Four

My hand came slamming down on the bench right where I saw two ants. They haven’t even been in the bus for 24 hours yet and they are already starting to piss me off. They were all over the bench when I woke up this morning about an hour ago.

“What the hell was that?” Robert asked walking from the back area where the bunks are.
“Sorry, I was squashing ants.” I said.

He chuckled and randomly hugged me. I smiled and hugged back. Robert was normally always the person that gave hugs and was always there to listen to people. I pulled away smiling and picked up my bowl of food up from the sink where I put it while I was squashing the ants. I couldn’t find where the others put the spray anywhere in the bus.

I walked over to the table and sat down as Robert started going through the fridge. I would say the others will be up soon too. I picked up the spoon and started eating. You know I have nothing to do all day...

“Morning.”

I turned my head so see Craig yawning and stretching his arms out. I waved at him as I had a mouth full of food. He chuckled and waved back. I smiled and turned back to my food.

“Ouch!” I exclaimed.

I quickly looked at my arm where something sharp bit my skin. I saw an ant running up my arm. I hit it.

“That fucker just bit me!” I exclaimed.

And it hurt too, its stings so bad. I looked at my arm I could already see a red mark there.

“What bit you?” Craig asked looking over my shoulder looking a little worried.
“An ant!”

He looked at me half shocked and half confused in a way. I looked down at my arm; it got me just above the wrist. Fuck it hurts. Craig took my arm and looked at it. He touched the little mark softly. I flinched.

“Sorry.” He said.

He looked at the bite a moment longer. I looked at him confused. There was a little mark, why was he looking at it for so long? He let go of my arm.

“That little fucker.”

I couldn’t help but laughed a little then. He chuckled.

“What happened?!” Max asked running into the kitchen area.

We all laughed at him. His hair was a total mess. Monte then came stumbling in still half asleep, rubbing his eye.

“An ant bit me on the arm.” I told them.
“Fuckers.” Max said.

I burst out laughing then. Almost everyone has called them fuckers in the last 5 minutes. Craig and Robert laughed as well. Max and Monte just looked confused. I just shook my head. I turned back to my food and quickly at the last of it. I then stood up with the bowl.

“So what are we doing today?” Monte asked.

I shrugged and placed my bowl in the sink to be washed later.

“Who knows?” Max mumbled.
“How about...PS2?” Robert suggested.
“Hell yeah!” Robert cheered walking to the lounge area.

We chuckled and the guys started heading towards the lounge room. I walked back to the bunks and grabbed my sketch book and pencil case. I then walked to where the guys were setting up the game and sat down on the couch between Craig and Max. I opened the book ready to draw as they played. I looked at where the ant bit me again; I hope it stops stinging soon.

*~*~*

I walked onto the bus with my hands full of food. We had tossed a coin to see who had to go get dinner tonight and I got caught out. So here I was with my arms full of food...But to tell the truth, I didn’t feel like eating at all. I felt a little off. But I guess it’s just nothing.

“Food!” I yelled.

And as if right on cue all the guys came running up to me. I laughed and handed them their dinner. Most sat on the couch but me and Max who sat at the table. I placed the small box in front of me. I only got chips and a bottle of water for me.

“Is that all your having?” Max asked looking at what was in front of me.
“Yeah.” I shrugged.

I opened the box and started eating slowly as I watched Max pretty much shove everything in his mouth. Geez, you would think that he never gets to eat or something...I shook my head and looked down at my food.

I got about half way through the box of chips and I just couldn’t eat anymore. I feel really sick...Not like I’m going to vomit but...Really off. I pushed the box away from me and took a small drink of my water. I placed the bottle down and scratched the bite on my arm for the millionth time tonight. It was a huge lump on my arm where that ant got me. And it’s so itchy!

I pulled the sleeve of my jacket over it and hid my arm under the table. Scratching it will only make it worse.

Max then looked up at me then my food. Normally I would have already eaten that way before anyone else had finished their food.

“Aren’t you eating anymore?” He asked rising his eyebrow.

I shook my head.

“I can’t eat anymore, I don’t feel well.” I said.

Just then Monte walked passed me to the bin. He looked at me worried.

“What’s wrong?” He asked placing the box in the bin.
“I just don’t feel well.” I said leaning my head in my hand with my elbow on the table.
“Why not?” Craig then asked also getting up to place his rubbish in the bin.

Monte sat down next to Max across from where I sat. I shrugged my shoulders. Craig walked over to me and placed his hand on my forehead. I chuckled a little.

“You feel fine to me.” He shrugged. “Though you do look a little pale...”

I sighed and nod my head.

“Maybe you should lie down.” Robert suggested from the couch with his mouth half full of food.
“Yeah I might...” I sighed.

Smelling the food we had just eaten was making it worse I think. I got up from where I sat.

“G’night guys.” I mumbled.

They all said good night back and I walked to the bunks after giving them a little wave. Why do I feel so off all of a sudden?

I pulled back the small curtain on the bunk and climbed in. I pulled the blankets over me. It wasn’t until I was under the blankets when I noticed I was actually cold.

I snuggled into the bed and curled up into a ball on my side facing the curtain that I forgot to close. Oh well. Suddenly I saw Craig as he walked up to his bunk opposite to mine and grabbed something. He looked over at me and smiled.

“Do you want me to get you anything?” He asked smiling softly.
“Um...Can you get me the bottle of water I felt on the table please?”
“Sure.”

He then disappeared. I chuckled and pulled the blanket to my shoulders. I closed my eyes for a moment.

“Here you go.”

I opened my eyes and took the bottle Craig got for me. I placed it above my pillow out the way but where I could get it if I needed it.

“Thankyou.” I smiled.
“No problem. Hope you feel better in the morning.”

He bent into my bunk and gave me a small hug. I smiled and wrapped one of my arms around him before he pulled away.

“Sweet dreams.”
“Night.” I smiled.

He smiled back and closed the curtains on the bunk before I could hear him walk away. I closed my eyes. I hope I feel better in the morning too.
♠ ♠ ♠
And things get interesting xD
So how was this chapter? What do you think will happen?
Tell me in a comment! :D