Status: Active

Boys Like Girls (but What Kind?)

11-Broken Man

Destiny was laying on the couch. She wore a checkered shirt over her swollen stomach. Martin was in the bedroom laying down. Destiny had just gotten in a fight with Paul again because he wanted her to "think" about what she was doing. He thought that it was best if she came home and let mom help her take care of the baby.

Martin tried to make her feel better, but she just needed time to herself. So here she was playing tic tac toe on her stomach with cereal and Martin was in the room trying to finish a paper for school. She was now at the end of her nine months and was glad. She sighed and felt something wet come out of her crouch. "Uhh... Martin?"

"What?" he asked from the bedroom.

"I think either I wet myself or... AGH!" she screamed as she felt the first contraction.

Martin jumped up and slipped on some sandals. He grabbed her bag by the door as he helped her out of the apartment. "Okay, keep breathing. Don't panic." he said as he got her into the car.

They drove off to the hospital. He entered with her in a wheel chair, "My girlfriend is about to give birth." he said as he stopped by the nurse's desk.

"Alright, come this way." said a nurse as she showed them to a room.

Destiny was doing the breathing exercises as she got onto the bed.

"Okay, you're only five centimeters dialated. So we've got to wait until you're ten atleast." said the nurse as she checked Destiny's cervix.

Destiny nodded, "Oh god that hurts." she said as she held onto Martin's hand.

"It's alright. I'll be here through it all." he said.

"Call Mom, and let them know that the baby is on the way soon."

"Alright. I'll be right back." said Martin as he left the room.

Destiny put her head back as she felt another contraction. She tried to restrain herself from screaming, but it was useless.

"Okay, Ms. DiGiovanni. I hear you're almost ready to have a baby. Let's see here..." said the doctor came in. He looked at his chart and widened his eyes before flipping over to another page.

"I know, I'm only sixteen. But I finished high school and I'm in college." said Destiny as she regained a normal breathing pattern.

"Alright, and the father..."

"Went to go call my parents and his parents." said Destiny as she laid back down again.

"Alright, then we'll get a hold of your doctor. Are you..."

"I'm doing this natural. No drugs." said Destiny.

"What a champ. Alright. I'll get back to you." he said as he left again.

Martin came back in. "You're brother said he'll be right down and he's calling your parents at work. My mom's coming in a half hour. And my dad is coming home on the next flight out." said Martin as he sat down next to her.

"Just think Martin. We're going to be parents in a few minutes."

"I know. I guess I better just be myself and do a good job." said Martin with a grin.

Destiny endured another half an hour of contractions before the nurse walked in, "Looks like you're ready to have a baby. I'm going to get the doctor." she said as she left the room.

Martin was already dressed in the scrubs as he held onto Destiny's hand.

"This hurts so much."

"I know. But you can do this. You can do anything." said Martin as he kissed her on the forehead.

Destiny wasn't so sure of that at the moment. She laid on the bed uncomfortably as the contractions ebbed and flowed rapidly.

Then her doctor came in. "So, Destiny. Are you ready to have you're baby?" she asked as she pulled out the stirrups for her.

Destiny put her feet up, "Yeah. I'm almost ready." she said as she sat up for Martin to sit behind her.

Martin got up on the bed and sat down while allowing Destiny to sit between his legs. The doctor sat down on her chair off to the side so that Martin could see what has happening through the mirror hanging on the wall. Martin held Destiny, "Everything will be okay. I'm right here." he whispered softly in her ear.

Destiny sighed as she felt herself relax a little at the sound of his voice. She held onto his hands and kept on doing the breathing exercises with him. After three hours of painful labor, little Andrew Paul Johnson joined them.

Destiny looked at him and smiled. Andrew screamed and moved his tiny arms around. He had the same brown hair like his father. She smiled up at Martin, next to him, Andrew was by far the most beautiful human being that she had ever seen. She kissed him as the nurses hurriedly wrapped Andrew in a blanket before whisking him away to be cleaned up and looked over.

About a half an hour later, the afterbirth came out. After that, Destiny was put in a room. She laid on her bed and looked over at Martin.

He was holding little Andrew in his arms. Andrew had the same olive green eyes of his mother and his father's nose. Martin had his fingers holding onto the tiny hand of his new son. Martin looked at Destiny, "We've made a beautiful child. He's so amazing, and so teeny tiny." said Martin as he cooed as his son seemed to smile.

Destiny chuckled, she had to admit that they did indeed have a beautiful son. A soft knock resounded as her mother and father entered along with Martin's parents.

Her mother smiled, "Hi honey. Oh is this him?" she asked excitedly as she set down the gift bag with balloons tied to the handle as she walked closer to Martin. She looked down at her new grandson, "He's so gorgeous. Obviously from his daddy." she said as she beamed at Martin.

Martin chuckled, "You want to hold him?" he asked as he stood up.

She looked at Martin, "Of course. Come here baby boy. Oh, you're so cute. I'm Grandma Lynn." she cooed softly as she held her grandson.

Her father then walked up behind her mother and smiled down at the baby. Martin's parents followed suit as Lynn passed the baby to Martin's mother.

Martin sat down carefully by Destiny, "Look at that. We're parents, and they're spoiling him already." he said with a grin as he gently rubbed her arm.

Destiny smiled, she was so happy. "I'm going to do everything I can to protect him." she said as she put her hand on Martin's.

Martin smiled and leaned towards her, he kissed her softly.

The door opened and everyone turned. Paul stood in the door way and held a big teddy bear with balloons tied around his neck. "Is that my nephew?" asked Paul with a grin when he seen the baby.

Destiny nodded, "Yeah. Everyone, this is Andrew Paul Johnson." she said with a grin as she gestured to her son.

Paul's jaw dropped as he was handed Andrew. "Andrew Paul Johnson? Really?" he asked.

Martin patted his shoulder, "Yeah. Andrew Paul Johnson." he said.

Paul felt the tears well up as he hugged Martin, careful of Andrew. "Thanks guys. I'm sorry for what I did, it was stupid." he said as he allowed his tears to flow freely down his cheeks as he looked down at his nephew.

Destiny wiped away a few stray tears as she smiled, "It's alright. You're my big brother, and big brothers always look out for their little sisters." she said.

Paul handed Andrew back to his mother, then he walked over and hugged Destiny. "I love you so much, and it's my job to protect you."

"I know. I love you too." she said as she smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been long over-due. I hope that you like it. Only two more chapters to go, then I'm thinking about doing a sequel... -.- idk yet though... So I hoped that you liked it. Comments? And this chapter is dedicated to xtragedyx for being such a loyal reader. Thank you.