Status: Active

Boys Like Girls (but What Kind?)

07- Up Against The Wall

The next morning Martin woke up, rolled over and groaned softly. He could feel his head pounding.

Destiny sat next to him, "Here." she said softly as she held a couple of pills and a glass of water.

"Destiny?"

"Shh..."

He sighed as he took the pills and drank the water. "Ugh... I feel sick." he said as he laid down again.

Destiny put the glass down on the nightstand and pushed his hair out of his face, "Well, that's what we call a hangover. They suck, but go away as soon as the pills kick in." she said with a smile.

"Why are you here? Don't you have school?"

"I've called in sick. And it's not like I can't go tomorrow."

Martin nodded as he looked in her eyes. He knew that something was up. "What's wrong Destiny?"

"We need to talk." she said.

He sat up, "About what?"

"About us."

"I was afraid of that."

"Martin..."

"I get it. You're young yet. You've probably found someone else."

"Martin, it's not like that. Please try to understand..."

"I'm sure it's not." he said hotly as he stood up. He was surprised as Destiny threw him against the wall.

She kissed him deeply. It took him by surprise. "I wasn't going to leave you. But I guess that's what you want. I'm going to go home. Don't worry about me." she said angrily as she turned and exited the room.

He stood there. He could still taste her on his lips. He kicked his bed and ended up stubbing his toe. He jumped and held his toe as he sat down on his bed.

Destiny ended up taking the bus home because she didn't want to bother John. She rode silently until she got home. She got off and began walking towards her house. When she got inside she seen no one was home. Everyone was probably at work.

She stomped to her room and slammed her door shut. She laid on her bed and cried. She loved Martin and couldn't believe that he would think that she would dump him. Well, she did now, but before that wasn't her intention.

She wanted to take things further. To make sure that he was hers as much as she was his. But instead she was cut loose. She never felt more alone than she did at that moment.

And before she knew it, it was dark outside. She sighed and fell asleep.

Martin sat in the cafeteria trying to finish some homework when John sat down next to him.

"What's up?" asked John.

"Why do you care?"

"Ouch... What happened? Please don't tell me you broke up with Destiny."

"Yep. It's over." said Martin as he scribbled down an answer.

"Sorry man. I thought she was really good for you."

"You know what? I thought when she said she wanted to talk, I thought it was the dump talk."

"Was it?"

"No. I mean, I guess not. I suck at trying to read between the lines."

"And that's why you shouldn't try to."

"I thought I saw warning signs. I mean, she was quiet. She seemed on edge."

"Maybe she wanted to take the next step." said John.

"I don't know. I wish that I had never loved her in the first place. Everything's so confusing." said Martin as he put his head down.

"Don't beat yourself up over it. Just call her later. Tell her it was the drugs and what not. And that you didn't mean it."

Martin sat up and looked at John, "Do you seriously think she's going to buy that?"

"I don't know. And neither will you if you don't try." said John with a shrug as he began eating part of his bagel.

Martin grabbed the other half, "Well, I'll call her and see. But I really think that I fucked up this time."

"Tell me about it. You stole half of my bagel."

"Thanks for lunch." said Martin with a grin.

"I guess you'll live. But you owe me."

"I know. I'll see you. I've got a class in ten minutes."

"Better run. It's beginning to rain out there." said John as he watched Martin leave.

Destiny woke up to her door opening and the lights being turned on.

"Are you okay? I heard that you were sick." said her mother as she entered the room.

Destiny rolled over, "Yeah, I'm fine. I think I'm getting a cold or something." said Destiny.

"Alright. I'm going to make some chicken soup for you. Then I'll have Paul bring it up for you. Alright?"

"Yeah. Thanks mom."

"No problem. Just take it easy."

"I will." said Destiny as she put her head on her pillow again.

Her mother smiled as she turned off the lights and closed the door again. Destiny heard her phone go off, but was too tired to answer. She picked it up and put it on silent before slipping it in her nightstand drawer.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm updating this just for xtragedyx because she's the only that keeps commenting, and she's bored. There'll be another chapter coming out soon. Thanks for reading, hope that you liked it. Comments?