It All Started When I Snuck Into the School...

Ch. 4

Damn it, my head hurts. I shift a little bit, trying to turn onto my side without opening my eyes. When I land on my side, my eyes snap open and I hiss at the painful sting in my arm.

I look around realizing that I'm not in my room, and this hard floor is definitely not my bed. Since when did my room have a cage in it? Never!
Shit, I'm in the cage.

I scramble to my feet and start pulling furiously at the bars as what happened previously comes back to me. I can't remember all the details, things are pretty fuzzy, but what I do remember pisses the hell out of me.

Those men kidnapped me. And, they put me in a fucking cage!

I start to scream now, trying to get someone- anyone's- attention. I need to get out of here.

"It's no use," a quiet voice says. It's rather dark in here, the only light of the moon coming from the single barred window. I can just barely see the outline of my cage, so I can't see who has just spoken.

"Where the hell...-"

"To your left," she says quietly. I move to the left side of my cage and grip the bars. I hear something shift in the darkness beyond my cage. "Don't make so much noise, they'll hear you," she warns.

"I want them to hear me!" I say defiantly. "I want to fucking go home!"

"It's no use, no one can help you now. This place is hidden in plain sight, and from the outside the walls are sound proof." She sounded so dejected, like she'd given up hope ages ago. Too bad I'm not like that.

"You're wrong," I state bluntly. I start to scream again, and I hear her desperately trying to quiet me.

"You'll get us in trouble," she pleaded over and over again. "Stop i...-"

The door to the room swung open, and the light clicked on. "Shut. The. Hell. Up!"

The guy Eric, I remembered by his voice, was practically fuming in anger and had a red cigarette hanging from his mouth; vampire cigarettes are drenched in blood, tobacco and all. He had a black skull beanie on and his navy blue hoody over his head. He wore black trip pants with a Bullet For My Valentine band shirt. I would find this very smexy if I wasn't so god damn pissed and the fact his hazel eyes were liquid red, rimmed with heavy black eyeliner.

"Let me out and maybe I will!" I countered.

He just laughed right in my face as he came forward. "Now, why can't you be more like her?" He jabbed a finger at the cage next to mine.

I turned and looked at the girl. She was about my age, and looked terribly sick. Her skin was deathly pale, her brown hair was stringy, and she was sickeningly skinny. She looked on the verge of death, and looked incredibly weak as she tried to raise herself from her sitting position on the floor.

I almost felt bad for yelling at her. Especially when I saw those nasty red marks dotting the skin around her neck and arms.

When Eric approached her cage, she shrunk back in fear. He just laughed. "I'm not going to do anything today. You've got an appointment."

Before she could open her mouth, I spoke. "An appointment for what?"

"I think I found her a buyer," Eric says dismissively before turning back to her. "Isn't it nice that someone finally wants to buy you."

"No, that's horrible!" I screech. I'm ignored.

"I mean, we all know you're not the most attractive one in the bunch. But, this guy is just looking for something to play with and throw away, not something permanent. I told him you were perfect for it. You don't have much left in you anyway."

"What is this?" I demand. "Some type of brothel!?" My face burns at the thought. I will not be a prostitute!

"Hardly," Eric says opening her cage to drag her out. His tone is irritated.

I watch in disgust as Eric drags the girl to the door. Her thin legs can barely keep up with his long ones. I wonder if she'll make it out alive. Maybe I'll see her again and she'll explain to me what's going on.

But, I'll tell you now, she never came back.

~*~ Eric ~*~

I drag her effortlessly through the dark hallways, not stopping to allow her to get her footing. Honestly, I really don't care how she's doing. I'm just here to do my job. As I pass some of the doors, I hear screams on the other sides; pleads for help.

Not a pang of guilt enters my heart. That's why I'm a cold-blooded killer, after all.

I enter the room where the customer is waiting. He sits on a stool in the corner of the plain black room, hunched over his knees. He looks up when I walk in. I toss the girl onto the floor in front of him.

"What do you think?" I question.

He assesses her with a frown. "She's fine, I guess. There's not much blood left in her."

Damn it! That means he's not going to buy her as a slave. There goes a good amount of money.

He reaches into his back pocket and pulls out a hundred dollar bill. It's better than nothing, I guess.

"This is all I'll give you to finish her off." He hands the money to me. I take the money and thank him.

I exit the room just as he grabs her and pulls her towards him. I've got other business to attend to...

Like figuring out what the hell to do with that new girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone,
Hope you all liked it! Me and xXmorikoXx would love some comments ;D
They are great motivation.

-Belle

hey guys! i added the view of Eric so yall will know what he looked like.
~Ally