Status: Active

Defying Gravity

Chapter 1

Finally it’s the last year of school and as soon as this year is done I can get wait to get out of La Push.

Ever since I was ten years old I’ve known what I wanted to do, I wanted to travel to London and perform on the West-End. I know that it sound stupid but I don’t really care it was something that I was so passionate about it.

People have always told me that I had one of the best voices that they have ever heard and from then on my dream has been to make something of myself.

I got out of bed felling like I could have had a couple more hours sleep, but I knew that I had to get up, hopefully the day would move just a bit faster.

I got dressed in a pair of simple blue jeans, a black T-shirt that hung off one of my shoulders and a pair of black Uggs. I wanted to be simple, but I also wanted to make an impression, so I straightened my brown hair and let it hang loose for a change. As for my make-up, I just put on my normal amount; mascara and a little bit of eyeliner.

I walked down the stairs, felling happy to be going back to school.

“Good morning Gisèle.” My father Billy Black said behind his morning paper.

“Morning dad” I said, walking into the kitchen. My bother Jacob stood at the cooker was making breakfast.

“Good morning” I said with a pleasant smile.

“Morning” he said “something came for you in the mail this morning, I think it might be an application, from one of those Performing Arts schools” he said while picking the letter up off the table and handing it to me.

Knowing Jake, he probably got dad to get me the application.

“Thanks Jacob, you didn’t have to get this for me” I said happily, while taking the application off him.

“This is the last one and it’s one of the best Performing Arts schools in the whole world.” He continued “I asked Quill’s mother and you now she has a friend that works there. I gave Quill’s mother a CD of your singing, and also a DVD of you acting and dancing, you know the recordings you made for your other applications. She then sent it to her friend. After they watched and listened to them they said if you fill in the application form you would most likely have a guaranteed place at the school.”

“Oh my God, thank you so much Jake” I gave him hug.

“No need to thanks me just thank Quill’s mother and promise me that you will fill in the application, ok?”
“Yes of course I will,” I added “I’d better be off, first day, of my last year. I’ll see you in school Jake.”

“Yeah, see you in a bit.” Jake said while giving me a clap on the back.

I said goodbye to my father as I walked out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
another chapter
comment, subscribe.
love you all.