‹ Prequel: Katie, Don't Cry.
Status: in the making. please leave a quick comment - i would love you so so so so so much. <3 =]

I'll Be Fine, I Swear.

Aftermath.

My house felt empty.

Like all the fun had just drained away with him.

My hand dropped to my lap as I took in his words. He was leaving. For good. There was no way that he would come back from that… that heaven of a place. Australia was taking him away from me – my Adam. My gorgeous, stupid, childish Adam. Was I just going to let him leave? I… I would go get him, but I couldn’t move. I think I was in shock. Emotionally and physically.

I reached up and traced the tips of my cool fingers over my bottom lip, which was still tingling from the feel of his mouth on mine.

I had to go get him. I had no other options.

“Adam, wait!” I scrambled from the room and ran downstairs quickly, throwing open the front door and running down my garden path.

He was already in the damn car. He turned to look at me, his face torn and tears rolling down his cheeks. He mouthed, “Bye,” before the silver Toyota pulled away from my house.

“Katie, are you okay…?”

Mom put her hands on my shoulders and pulled me to her bosom. I clamped my lips together, feeling that if I opened my mouth I would drown. My chest was hurting like I’d just been shot with a freakin’ gun. I couldn’t breathe properly – the air was catching in my throat. Adam was gone. My best friend was gone. My soul mate was gone.

Yeah. I couldn’t do it to Matthew. I’d have to break up with him, even though I love him. But what I felt about his absence couldn’t compare to the immense, gaping hole I felt was drilled into my chest.

“He’s leaving, isn’t he.”

It wasn’t a question. I nodded silently as she turned me around and smothered me in a hug, rubbing my back gently.

“It’s okay, honey, he’ll write to you.”

“But he won’t kiss me,” I whispered into her dressing gown and screwed my eyes shut, giving into the water spilling down my face. “I want him to kiss me…”

I felt her pause gently before continuing to hug me. “It took you two a while to figure yourselves out. Listen, if I know Adam, he’ll come back, darling. Especially for his best friend. He’s not the type of kid to give in.”

“I don’t want to be his friend, Mom. I want to be more than that. And I’m an idiot for not realizing it sooner, since it’s so cliché. I love my best friend. What’s wrong with me?” I laughed shakily and buried my head into her shoulder.

Mom laughed along with me and pressed her lips to my forehead softly. “Nothing’s wrong with you, Katie. You just can’t escape from fate.”
♠ ♠ ♠
just a prologue of sorts....
i would love comments. <3 :)