Status: Complete

Invisible

Watching The Enemy

“You told him?” Maggie gasped.

Carol nodded into the phone, “You would have too if you’d seen his face.”

“No, I don’t give in easily as you do Carol. I would have said hell no and to go home. Jeremy wasn’t ready to hear something like that.”

Carol sighed, “I know that. I…I …messed up. I just thought if he knew, things would get better.”

Maggie snorted, “Better? How?”

“I just wanted to be able to breath. I feel like it was a bad thing keeping this from Jeremy. Now that he knows…I feel a little better actually.”

Maggie laughed, “That’s a load of shit. I don’t buy it one second.”

I bowed my head and starred at my shoes on Carol’s bed. I refused to visit Jeremy –even if I had the strongest pull to him- I visited my mom the other day, she seems happy but the pain in her eyes is getting worse, and she’s doing everything she can to hide it.

Carol rolled her eyes, “Well who asked you for you opinion?”

Maggie laughed hard, “That was stupid.”

Carol giggled, “Yeah…well so are you!”

Carol talked to Maggie for a while longer, and then she slapped her phone shut and sat at her desk. She pulled out her journal and flipped through the pages.

“Answers, answers. I need them.” She leaned back in her seat and smiled, “Think you could help me out Lena?”

I snorted, “I wish.” But Raven is being a bitch and won’t let me tell anyone that Mr. Robin is the guy that murdered me.

She opened her journal again and I leaned around her shoulder to see it.

23. Michael said Mr. Robin was enlisted in a mental hospital when he was six years old.

24. Mr. Robin was diagnosed with Bi-Polar at age seven.

25. Attempted suicide at age 15 in 1968.

Explains a lot about him. He’s completely sick in the head. I shouldn’t be like this, but how do you expect me to feel sympathy for him?

My dad was being the detective right now. He’s checked out Mr. Robin’s hometown, Seattle. He visited some friends that Mr. Robin used to have there, and that’s how he got all the information. When he contacted Carol about the hospital, Carol searched it and saw a banner thanking Mr. Robin for his donation.

Her list ends at twenty-five; she hasn’t showed Jeremy these new additions. The last time he saw them, it ended at 15.

15. Andrew (friend of Robin) Webb said he was “ill and a very disturbed child.”

Carol sighed, “I promised him.” She whispered. She reached for her keys and jumped in her car. She sped all the way to Jeremy’s house with the journal on the passenger seat, I was sitting on it.

When she pulled up to his house, she stayed starring up at his window from her car for a long moment. Jeremy opened the front door and waved her in. Carol slowly climbed out with the journal tightly in her hand.

“What’s up Carol?” Jeremy asked.

“You alone?”

He nodded, “Yeah. Parents are running errands’.”

“We should sit.”

Jeremy led her to the living room and sat next to her on the sofa. Carol slowly handed him the journal with shaky hands.

“That bad?” he asked when he noticed her hands shaking.

She nodded and looked away from Jeremy. I sat on the arm next to him.

“He attempted suicide?” He asked.

Carol nodded, “Yeah. His friend Andrew said he was spending the night when it happened. He knew Robins was taking too long in the bathroom, and he walked in he saw a puddle of blood coming from Robins who was lying on the ground…completely lifeless. They were able to stop the blood.”

Jeremy snorted, “Whoopee.” He said sarcastically.

“His parents were hippies huh?”

She nodded again, “Hard core. They didn’t want Robins and basically let him do whatever he wanted. Apparently, he tried to kill his dad in his sleep when he was six years old. That’s why he was sent to the mental hospital.”

Jeremy shook his head, “Dear God.”

“So he didn’t kill Lindsey for no reason. The dude is sick and needs help.”

Jeremy snorted, “Or he could just die.” He handed the journal back to Carol.

“So what else is new?”

“Well after he was diagnosed with bi-polar, his mother gave him up for adoption because she couldn’t afford the medicine. Ten years later, she died. The father is still alive, but he’s very sick and on his death bed. Robin’s visits him from time to time.”

“Wouldn’t be surprised if he was the reason his dad was dying.”

Carol sighed, “Michael talked to his old friend Andrew, and he said that Robins was a very sick kid. He would kill animals for no reason, he would abuse himself.”

“Abuse himself?”

She nodded, “He would cut himself, hit himself for the bruises. He did all of if for attention, even got his foster family in a lot of trouble and he was sent away again. The next family he ran away from at 18 because they would beat him. The mother would burn him with her cigarette and the father would sexually abuse him.”

Jeremy shook his head, “Damn. Sadly, I don’t feel sorry for him.”

Carol nodded, “I know what you mean.”

Jeremy leaned back into the seat, "This is insane. I used to like him too.”

“Me too. He was a good science teacher.”

Jeremy sighed, “I want that bastard to pay for what he’s done.”

“We don’t know it was him Jeremy.”

He snorted, “His past explains a lot! The dude is sick and needs to just…die. He doesn’t deserve to live. Besides, after you told me all this. I have a strong feeling that we’re right.”

Carol grabbed her journal and flipped through the pages; she hugged it to her chest and bowed her head. She took a few deep breaths and then stood up.

“I have an idea.” She whispered.

“What?”

“Let’s spy on him.” She wiggled her eye brows.

He chuckled, “Nice. I like it.”

Carol grabbed her keys and Jeremy followed her to her car. It was pitch black outside and that’s what made it more fun for them.

They pulled into my neighborhood and killed the lights as they parked in front of his house. The lights were still on and they could see him in the living room watching T.V.

“Get comfortable.” Carol whispered as she leaned back into her seat.

“Watching the enemy.” Jeremy chuckled.

“Sounds like a movie.”

They both laughed.

I sat in the back with them, shaking my head…..if they got caught by him….it might not end well. They don’t know what he can do…
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Hope everyone had a safe and happy Easter!! <3