Sequel: Gin and Juice
Status: Complete

Vodka and Lemonade

Jackass

“Bourbon on the rocks, and step on it,” a gruff man growled at me.

Rolling my eyes, I made his drink and passed it to him as he slid me his money.

Christie signaled to me from the other end of the hallway, before jerking her head to the nearby jukebox. I smirked, realizing that Alice Cooper’s “Poison” was playing. Christie immediately grabbed the megaphone from under the bar top and put it to her lips. “Listen up boys, it’s our very own Devil D’s theme song! Let’s give ‘er a holla!”

Smirking, I hopped onto the counter with ease and began to dance, causing every guy in the joint to howl. During the last verse, I poured a pitcher of stale beer on the countertop, lit a match, and dropped it. The line of fire on the bar was pretty fucking sweet, if I do say so myself. When it was over, everything went back to normal, the fire already dead.

“Rum and Coke, please. Easy on the Coke,” a man asked.

I looked over at him and rolled my eyes. It was the same creep from Starry Night a few nights ago. “You again?”

He raised up my hands as if in surrender. “Look, I’m not trying to start any trouble. I just want a drink.”

“Yea, right. You cause a fight, and I’m throwing your ass out again,” I warned him as I spun the two ingredients around my fingers before filling the glass to the brim.“That’ll be $15,” I said as I threw the depleted gin bottle in the trash.

“A little expensive.” He said as he handed over the money.

“House can change the price according to the customer’s attitude.” I recited before moving on to the next customer.

Smirking, the jackass slid over closer to me. “What’s say I take you away from here?” he asked in a voice that screamed cocky.

Ignoring him, I slid the new guy’s order over to him and gave him a wink since I was feeling generous and he looked like he need it.

“Well?” the jackass persisted.

“Do you even know my name, jackass?” I asked with a glare before sliding over to the next customer.

“I will when you tell me it.”

I rolled my eyes and scoffed again. “Like that will ever happen.”

“DANNI! Phone for you! Make it quick!” Meeri yelled.

I could have killed her right then. “Who is it?” I asked.

“Derek. Hurry up, we’re about to get busy.”

I nodded my head and gave the non-jackass an apologetic smile.

“So, you’re name is Danni. That’s nice.” The aackass said with a smile as he gently rubbed the brim of his glass with his finger.

I shot him a glare and a finger before going through a small door to the bar’s office. “start talking,” I said into the phone, immediately grabbing a pen and paper. I listened and jotted down the instructions that Derek gave. “Thanks,” I replied, hanging up the phone. I quickly scrambled up the stairs and changed into a different set of clothes before running back down to find Meeri. “I’m sorry, but I gotta deal that I can’t pass up.”

Meeri bit her tongue and nodded. “Be sure to lock the doors behind you when you get back.”

“You’re the best,” I said before darting out the back door. I immediately knew that I was being followed. Going against my better judgment, I decided to ignore the inconvenience. I couldn’t be late. It just couldn’t. After a block, my pursuer finally caught up with me. “What the hell do you want?” I spat. You’re going to make me late.”

“Easy now, I just want some answers,” the jackass from the bar said, holding his hands up in the air.

I rolled my eyes for what had to be the millionth time that day and replied, “Well, you’re not getting any,” before I turned on my three inch heel and continued walking down the street.

“You don’t have to do this, you know.” He said, catching up to me.

I scoffed, looking both ways before making a mad dash across the street. LA drivers were insane.

“I’m serious!” he exclaimed, still following me.

I spun on my heel once again and glared at him. “Do you have $500 on you?” I asked, my tone flat.

“What? No,” he sputtered pathetically.

“Then don’t talk to me. If you don’t have the money, then I don’t have the time.” I said before walking off. I knew I had gotten to him when he didn’t follow me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry! I could have sworn that I posted this days ago! Forgive me?

=D bree

P.S. I just looked at the layout. Is it me, or is it incredibly dark? I will remedy this.