Quidditch Mania

King's Cross

Disclaimer: we do not own Harry Potter, Romeo and Juliet, and any characters plots or titles used from the franchises. We do own Caris, Hannah, Charlie, Jon, Willow, Pepper and all their family.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caris’s P.O.V
*Yawn*
Another year of mayhem. Another year of Hogwarts, I thought as I dragged myself from my bed and stumbled over various items of luggage. Why did I have so many trunks I continued to myself.
*Knock, knock*
“Caris, are you up darling?” said my mum, as she opened my door, and attempted to clamber over items of clothes for last minute packing.
“Yeah, just.” I mumbled in a groggy voice.
“Gosh, look at all this mess, you said that you had finished packing?” my mum quizzed.
“Seriously mum did you really think that me, Caris had finished packing?” I asked sarcastically.
“Mmm, suppose.” she said grabbing me and hugging me. “I’m going to miss you.” she was now sobbing. I hugged her tight.
“Love you mum.” I replied welling up.
“Anyway you should get going on the rest of your packing, oh I’d warn your brother before you get in the shower, you know what he’s like.” she said pushing me away, and holding me by the shoulders. I smiled as she turned her back, I was going to miss her too, but I had Cedric and my friends, I was going to be fine like every year. I picked up my clothes that were strewn across the floor of my bedroom and squished them into my trunks.
“Jon.” I shouted, there was a faint mumble. I walked over to his door, opened it, turned on the light to see a half-asleep brother sat up in his bed.
“What do you want?” he asked sounding rough and rubbing his eyes.
“Gosh, you look rough.” I commented leaning on the door frame.
“Huh.” he replied. “ Thanks, so what did you want?”
“Oh yeah…I’ve forgotten.” I mumbled.
“Oh, Caris.” he groaned falling back onto his pillows.
“That’s it, I’m getting in the shower, mum said I should warn you.” I said.
“Right, ok thanks. Now leave me alone, I need to sleep, it’s half six in the morning.” he said pulling the covers over his head. I turned my back and grabbed the door.
“Turn the lights off!” he yelled.
I flicked the switch and walked into the bathroom.

25 minutes later.
Washed, dried, straightened and dressed. I began to tug my two trunks two trunks downstairs. Well when I say I, I really mean my brother and dad. I sat at the table and ate my toast and jam, and sipped my milky tea.
“Righty-ho, are you ready Caris?” questioned my dad standing behind me and putting his hands on my shoulder.
“Yeah I think so,” I answered, standing up with my plate and mug to place it I to the sink.
“Are you ready?” asked my mum. “ Jon and your dad have finished packing the car.”
“Oh…ok.” I replied quietly, I stepped backwards as I shut the door. I got into the car with my mum, dad and brother and we drove off.

1 hour later.
We arrived at the train station, unloaded the car and we grabbed a luggage trolley.
“Have you got everything?” questioned Jon.
“Yeah.” I said dazed as I spotted the Diggory’s blue Fiat Panda with Cedric stood next to it. I waved both arms.
“Ced!!” I shouted.
He looked over the car park scanning it for the shouting. When he found me he smiled and we waved simultaneously at each other. Cedric and his dad waltzed over to greet us carrying a trunk.
“Amos!” said my dad, holding out his hand.
“Ahh, yes, William how nice it is to see you.” he said shaking my hand frantically.
“Well I guess you two should get going.” said Amos smiling.
“Yeah, I guess we should.” said Cedric looking down at me.
“Well speak to you soon, son take care.” blubbered Amos hugging Cedric rather tight. Amos was welling up rather vigorously. Cedric came away and Amos waved with a ‘good-bye’. Cedric walked over to me and wrapped me in his arms, but behind me I felt the over protective glare of my brothers gaze on my back.
“I don’t mean to disturb you two but you need to get a move on.” said my brother aggressively. Instantly I felt my cheeks go very hot and my palms all sweaty. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I turned round to Cedric and smiled reassuringly and he smiled back. Whatever Jon had against Cedric didn’t matter, he would just have to put up with it.
I hugged my brother, hugged my parents and we waved farewell as we walked off towards the train station.
“Are you ok?” Cedric asked, pushing the luggage trolley.
“mmmm,suppose.” I mumbled. “Why do you ask?”
“Just because of what happened with Jon.” he replied.
“Oh…that! Yeah I’m ok, Jon was just being over protective you know!” I said nervously hoping that he might believe me.
“Right.” he said, looking down at me with his cheeky smile glaring from his pale face. I looked at him, and smiled, it was true that smiling was contagious. He put an arm round my shoulders and we walked towards Hannah, Oliver and Willow.

Hannah’s P.O.V
*How do you like your eggs in the morning? I like my with a kiss. Boiled or fried? I‘m satisfied as long as I get my kiss…* the alarmed blurred.
*Groan* why can’t the train leave later rather than early? Well I suppose I better get up, I slowly rose into a sitting position while hitting the alarm I scanned the dimly lit room looking at the clothes I had sloppily packed into the trunk and then I looked in the mirror. My brown hair stuck up at impossible angles and my blue eyes definitely looked tired.
“Hannah, what do you want for breakfast?” mum called through the door.
“The same as usual.” I shouted back while grabbing my jeans and a top that had a chicken wearing glasses on that read “I’m a chick with brains” I kicked my trunk closing it and then stumbled out of my room and to the bathroom clothes in hand.
20 minutes later
I was showered, dressed and my hair straightened thanks to a straightening charm. Now all I needed was food and I was really starving by now. I bounded or more leaped down the stairs and flew into the kitchen to see Charlie eating his cereal and some one else sitting hidden by the paper they were reading. I guessed it would be my mother but she will not read the daily prophet something about fakes and Rita Skeeter. Charlie abruptly coughed and the newspaper was put down to reveal none other than my dad.
“Morning, hun.” he greeted, he still had his pilot uniform on including his hat. “Why Don’t you have some breakfast and I’ll give you the presents I bought the both of you.”
I silently went and got the cereal mum had left on the side with the glass of milk and sat down as dad left to get the presents.
“All of a sudden so quite Ty, cat got your tongue?” Charlie teased using my fencing nickname, which I got due to my cat like reflexes in swordplay just like Tybalt Capulet out of Romeo and Juliet.
“What, I’m surprised ‘tis all. I didn’t know he was back idiot.” I grumbled shoving a spoonful of cereal down my throat. My dad came back in holding two bags, he handed one to Charlie and the other to me while also hugging us in turn.
“Thanks.” we both said. I got a lovely Moroccan scarf and necklace, Charlie got some things from one of the Moroccan football teams. We finished up breakfast as mum came, as we were putting our dishes in the sink.
“Have you packed everything?” she asked while fixing her breakfast.
“Yes” Charlie replied, while turning to go up the stairs.
“Just got to put some other clothes and pictures in and Romeo and Juliet.” I replied mumbling the last bit and turning to go out the room.
“Geek!” was yelled from the top floor and then some doors were slammed shut. Damn Charlie just ‘cause I have a slight obsession with the new Romeo and Juliet film and a specific character doesn’t mean I’m a total geek…well maybe a little but that’s probably because Tybalt Capulet is amazing. Anyway enough of that I’ll leave it for another time let’s get back on track. I marched back upstairs and into my room, I flipped open my trunk and started to place the rest of the clothes and then locked it shut with a locking charm. I grabbed my messenger bag which held some bits and pieces. I took out my Ipod as it wouldn’t work in Hogwarts and I would really miss it. I put in my purse that held wizard and not muggle money, as well as Out by Natsuo Kirino, Romeo and Juliet, some chewing gum, my hairbrush, and some photos of family and friends. Finally I was ready to go. I chucked my trunk down the stairs not literally but almost. Charlie was close behind, dad and mum were at the bottom of the stairs.
“Promise me no trouble.” mum said sternly looking at the both of us.
“We promise.” we said, as she turned her back I winked at Charlie and he smiled cheekily.
“Oh and do you have your wands?” she asked.
“Yes.”
“Right, let’s go.” my dad said and so we loaded the car and set off to King’s Cross station. As we arrived into the busy car park we spotted those slytherins and by those I mean Flint and Montague. Dad must have spotted them too.
“Do you want me to walk you to the barrier?” he asked.
“No, I think we’ll be fine, Oliver is over there.” I answered, pointing to the right.
“Well then, I shall talk with him.” Dad said, this puzzled me as we parked the mini cooper in an available parking spot. Mum had stayed at home so we had already said our farewells. Now we just have to say goodbye to dad, however he was already racing towards Oliver.
“Charlie, get the trunks, I’ll get dad.” I said running after him. As we approached Oliver, my dad slowed down and so I caught up to him.
“Morning Mr Stockley, Hannah.” he greeted, I silently waved at him which he returned.
“Morning, I was hoping to catch you and to ask that you keep these two out of trouble.” my dad explained, Charlie had caught up, trunks in hand and slightly out of breath.
“Sure, Mr Stockley.” he agreed, smiling at the two of us.
“Alright. Best be off. Be good. Love you.” dad said hugging us and then walking back to the car.
“Let’s go.” I said grabbing my trunk and walking towards the station boys in tow.
As we turned the corner from the car park we saw Caris and Cedric however they were caught up, their dads both talking, with them adding to the conversation and so we decided against interrupting them and headed to the barrier.
“So, what aren’t you looking forward to?” I asked Oliver, who was walking on my left.
“Potions and Snape.” he answered straight away. “ You?”
“Same. He’s just so…so…so slimy, evil, mean, greasy and bizarre.” I said as Oliver chuckled.
“Is that all you could say?” he asked chuckling.
“Yes, in front of him.” I answered nodding to my right to Charlie, who looked oblivious. We both laughed at this and Charlie looked at the both of us as if we were madmen, until he was called over by his Gryffindor chums.
“Give me 5.” I said holding out my hand for Oliver to hit. He did and we did our random hand shake. Consisting of several high fives, some random hand wave motion and finally a hand shake.
We carried onto the barrier talking about random things like what colour Snape’s face would go if we dyed his hair fluorescent pink and green and the rotor for history of magic lessons noting who would take notes for everyone to copy while the others conspicuously slept behind the spectre’s
back. We also got onto the topic of quidditch and what was going to happen this year. We were about to go through the barrier until…
“TURN THEE BENVOLIO AND LOOK UPON THY DEATH!” yelled someone from behind, confused I swivelled round along with Oliver and saw Willow standing a few metres away waving her wand in a kind of sword like fashion. I couldn’t help laughing a little while being a little surprised, though when Pepper climbed up Willow’s arm and threw her off balance it was very funny as was Oliver’s confused face.
“Hello.” we greeted, she stopped in front of us and Pepper perched on her shoulder.
“Hi there.” she said. “ how are you?”
“I’m good you?” I replied.
“I’m rather confused what were you yelling before?” Oliver answered confused.
“Oh, Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet.” Willow replied, I then suddenly gasped and the two of them looked at me as if I were mad.
“Hey! I thought I was Tybalt!” I said, Oliver now even looked more confused.
“What?” he inquired.
“Sorry, I forgot but it got your attention didn’t it.” she laughed, Oliver in the background was looking between the two of us even more confused.
“Will some one tell me what’s going on?” he asked irritably.
“Oh sorry forgot you wouldn’t know what Romeo and Juliet was. It’s a play about two people who fall in love however they can’t be together because their families are enemies and so in the end they take their lives.” I explained. “I can lend you the DVD if you want.”
“DVD?” he inquired.
“Oh everyone will just have to come to mine.” I said giving up.
“Yay!” Willow cheered.
“How ‘bout round new years?” I asked.
“Sounds good, but I think I’ll have to ask.” Willow replied with added Yay! At the end.
“Yep, I’ll have to ask too like but sounds good.” he replied.
“Awesome, we’ll discuss this with the others further.” I said while scanning the area. “ hmmm, did you two think we should wait here for the others?”
“Guess so though we can’t wait for a long time remember we have to catch a train.” Oliver replied, also looking round and then obviously spotting someone he didn’t like as he snarled.
“Don’t.” I said spotting who he had seen. Willow seemed to also noticed and added.
“He’s not worth it. Besides we can beat him on the quidditch pitch.” Willow said turning back to us while we also looked back at her. We then waited patiently by the barrier for everyone making sure we would have enough time to get on to the platform and the train.

Willow’s P.O.V
*MERR!MERR!MERR!MERR!MERR!MERR!*
The sound like a small bomb detonating woke me up from a particularly weird dream involving a bus, a swimming pool, Zac Efron and a rather angry High School Musical later. I grunted and flipped onto my front to wrestle one-handed with the alarm clock, 5:30 I wouldn’t that much time to get ready surely?
THUMP!
“Pepper, get off me!” I grumbled, fully awake now I slid out of my bed and scooped up the kitten. Why did London have to be so far away? After casting a straightening charm on my hair and shuffling into my black skinny jeans and a bland tee, I stumbled down the stairs and into the living room. My brother, Romulus, was already there; casting locking charms on our trunks and stuffing the last of a breakfast bar into his mouth.
“Need any help?” I mumbled from the doorway, he looked up avoiding my gaze.
“No done now.” he grunted, wordlessly shrinking our cases to the size of matchboxes and shoving mine into my hand on his way back upstairs. I sighed.
“Shall we get some breakfast Pepper?”
My brother had never really been the type to lead a conversation. As a 5th year Slytherin, he had only managed to befriend a few people. But at least they were the more decent of the Slytherins. After packing up Pepper’s stuff, gathering up last minute items, having a lengthy hug with my mother, saying goodbye to my other cat Henrietta, and playing with my tiny versions of my things in my miniscule trunk while giggling like a 5 year old, I found myself in the hall in my long trench coat and baseball boots with my mum and brother.
“You two remember everything?” she asked while hugging Romulus and wiping something off of his face. We nodded and she moved onto me. I always hated the morning leaving for school; my mum was an enormous part of my life as it was only me, her and Rom growing up. My father had died when I was younger so we were all that my mum had. I hate leaving her on her own.
After more lengthy goodbyes, I grabbed my cleansweep and my brother disillusioned us and our brooms. We gave our mum one last fleeting hug before walking onto the grass in the middle of the square and kicking off.

Somewhere in the air over England or maybe Wales.

It had been a while since I’d flown. Although it was a bit cold it was perfect flying weather. The journey to London was long, I had to resort to playing the awful built-in games on my phone and I even attempted reading one-handed. We were flying pretty high and I was toying with the thought that no one would find me if I fell which made me concentrate more on gripping my broom for a few minutes. I followed the bizarrely flying compass in front of me which Romulus had not disillusioned so I could follow him and after a long while we began to descend.
Pepper, who had been in the bag slung over my shoulder the whole time, was shuffling around at my side. I had been on a few test flights with her to make sure that she stayed in her bag but I couldn’t help but realise she was getting restless.
We had finally touched down in a small road at the side of King’s Cross station where we made sure that we were not being watched before we reversed the disillusionment and hid our brooms in our pockets (minimised). For the first time that day I couldn’t wait to get to Hogwarts.

Romulus and I strolled up platform 9 in silence, pulling along our cases we had enlarged and cleverly attached wheels to. I looked up from my shoes to see people by the barrier having an animated discussion about what I suspected was quidditch. Chuckling I broke into a run drawing my oak wand as I went and my trunk rocked wildly behind me.
“TURN THEE BENVOLIO AND LOOK UPON THY DEATH!” I struck a valiant pose, brandishing my wand like a sword to a surprised looking Hannah. Pepper clawed her way painfully up my arm to sit on my shoulders, throwing my balance as I glared playfully at my friends, revelling at the look of utter astonishment on Oliver’s face.
“Hello,” Hannah giggled. It took Oliver a little while before he managed to speak up.
“I’m rather confused, what were you yelling before?” the look on his face was priceless. We briefly explained Romeo and Juliet to Oliver and I think somehow I got invited to Hannah’s house in the holidays and then stopped to wait for the others to arrive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Caris: Well it’s the end of another chapter, I hope you enjoyed it. Please review if you can, actually yes you can because you’ve read this so surely you can review. Anyway, go off and review, I’m off to eat some cake. BYE! J

Hannah: Yo!! XD I have a big huge Romeo and Juliet obsession and I have no idea why…well maybe its Tybalt xD I can’t fence!!!!!! Also I have many obsessions over several things which is probably why Willow calls me a Mormon. Anyway sorry for my obsessive nature actually its me so I don’t need to be sorry…reminds me of a story xD review if possible… pretty please….ciao! Take it Willow!!

Willow: Hi! Hope you enjoyed I think the others pretty much covered explaining everything. Me and Hannah have a thing about doing the whole ‘Turn thee Benvolio” bit when we watched the Leonardo Di Caprio version of Romeo and Juliet and she just loved Tybalt. Anyway (xD we’ve all said this) hope you liked see you next chapter. Bye!!!!