Status: Slowly working on.

You're My Example, Halvo

Open Your Eyes.

I didn't even bother to get my car, and I ran to his apartment. It was wet from a recent storm and my Rocket Dogs were soaked through from splashing through the puddles as I ran. I never really thought he lived far from me but this run was taking what seemed like hours. When I finally got to his door, I was panting and wheezing but that didn't even matter. I slammed on the door repeatedly, looking around to see who was around.

"Mint..." Halvo started as he opened the door. I flung myself into his arms, slamming the door with my foot.

"I'm so sorry!" I choked out, squeezing him tightly. He held me, reaching over to lock the door.

"Don't be, this is all my fault, Mint," he sighed. I looked behind him to see his bass case and a couple bags. I looked from the stuff to him, raising my eyes.

"I'm getting out of here Mint," he told me. "I want you to come with me." I opened and shut my mouth, trying to think of what I could possibly say to that.

I mean, I really did like him, borderline love him, but this was big. It was big in the first place. We knew the risks going into this, and we knew this could happen. I just...never thought it would. We had been so careful and for nothing. I wanted to go with him, but that meant leaving my family behind. Meant leaving my friends, my school, when I was so close to graduating...my entire life. I couldn't do that.

"I-I," I stammered. "Eric, I can't. I'm so close to getting out of school..." I trailed off. "I love you, bet your ass that I do, but I can't." He stared at me for a long moment, nodding slowly.

"Yeah...I get it," he mumbled sadly. I bit my lip, taking his head in my hands and staring right into his eyes.

"Eric Halvorsen, don't you ever think for a second I don't love you," I said, "And the second I can, I'll follow you to the end of the earth."

"You gotta stop hanging out with the drama kids, Mint," he chuckled. "But I'll....I'll be somewhere you'll find me." He nodded, leaning down to kiss me. I kissed him with all my might, knowing full well this would be the last kiss for a long time. There was a commotion from the hall that made us pull apart.

"You need to leave," I said quickly, pushing him towards his stuff. He nodded, grabbing his stuff, looking around for how to get out.

"The window," I said, running towards him and giving him one last kiss. "Now go." He smiled a little, nodding.

"I'll go where you'll know to find me," he repeated. "I love you, Mint," he told me. I smiled faintly back at him.

"I love you too," I said. "Now go," I added as there was someone banging on the door. He nodded, opening the window and dropping his stuff out. He waved and I waved back, watching him disappear. I closed the window, running towards towards the closet to hide. Just as I closed the door, the front door came crashing open. I closed my eyes, hoping this would all be over soon.

"Come out!" A voice shouted. "Or else!" I almost snorted. That voice was a cop and all they could come up with is 'or else'?

The closet door swung open to show a cop and a gun. A gun pointing at me.

"Woah!" I exclaimed, putting my hands down. "Not who you're looking for, put down the gun!" Another officer came over, giving the other cop a nod after looking at me.

"That's the Nixon girl," he informed. "And we're going to need you to come with us," he said to me.

"If your buddy here stops pointing the god damn gun at me, gladly!" I exclaimed in exasperation. The other cop slowly brought his gun down, putting it back in his holster. He went to grab the handcuffs but the second officer, obviously older in age and more experienced, shook his head.

"Won't be necessary," he sighed. "Now come on, we need you to answer a few questions." I nodded slowly, letting the young guy lead the way out of Halvo's apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, School's been kicking my ass. I'm putting off a research paper atm. :3