Status: Slowly working on.

You're My Example, Halvo

Touching On My.

I bit my lip as I watched people walk passed me. Halvo was helping the band pack up, and I had stuck around because well. It was Halvo and after a year and a half, it would be amazing to see him again. He had promised me coffee too. That was another reason to stick around. Who refuses coffee?

"Who are you?" a voice came from behind me. I turned around to see that Kyle Burns, the drummer from Forever the Sickest Kids, giving me a curious look.

"Mint Nixon..." I replied, tilting my head. He stared at me for a moment, as if he was trying to think of where he had heard that name before. Then, he took a half step back.

"Wait, wait, wait. Mint. Like Halvo's Mint?" he asked me. I smiled slightly. Had to admit, I quite liked the sound of 'Halvo's Mint'. He was hardly someone to bring back home to meet my parents, because they had far from forgotten what had happened, but Halvo's Mint. There was no denying that I wanted to say yes.

"Same Mint, but I wouldn't say I'm..." I started, but was cut off as someone shouted, "Kyle! Come on! I'm not packing your kit again! My foot is still killing me!"

"Hang on a sec," he told me, jogging off towards where the voice had came from.

Once again, I was left to just stand there awkwardly. I was pretty hurt by the fact he hadn't been thinking about me. All I ever thought about was him. A couple more minutes and Halvo was standing next to me.

"You okay?" he asked, raising his hands to my face as if he didn't think I was real. I nodded as best as I could.

"Yeah, I'm just so fucking glad to see you, you don't even understand," I told him seriously. He chuckled slightly, kissing my forehead.

"I think I have an idea," he sighed, "Now. Coffee time?" he asked.

"Yes," I said happily, smiling brightly. He mirrored my smile, holding his arm out to me. I linked arms with him and rested my head against his arm as well as we headed for the coffee shop down the block.

****

I pushed my empty cup away from myself, leaning closer towards Halvo than I already was. My forehead rested against his and our coffee laced breath mixed with one another. In the coffee shop, the only empty spots had been a small booth in the back corner; over by the bathrooms. The chairs had been taken away so I more or less sat in his lap while we had our coffee.

"I missed you, you know," I muttered, smiling slightly. My free arm had been wrapped around his neck since we sat down and I had taken to curling pieces of his hair around my fingers.

"Missed you too," he mumbled back, his forehead pushing against mine. "Not like there was anything we could really do about it though, huh?"

"I guess not," I sighed, my lips just touching his as I spoke. I shifted in his lap, feeling something that was definitely not his leg against my butt as I slid further in his lap. I gave him a kiss, tasting the coffee he had just drank as I did. I pulled away a second later, smirking. "That just means we have time to make up for." I gave him another kiss and slid off his lap.

"What?" he asked confusedly. I rolled my eyes, grabbing his hand and looking around before I pulled him over to the bathroom door. I opened it, pushing him in. I glanced at the people in the room to check that no one was watching before I went in behind him. Locking the door, I stared at him.

"Are...are you serious right now?" he asked, swallowing as he stared back at me. I laughed, nodding.

"We have a year and a half to make up for, Eric. I think this is a good place to start; where we left off," I told him, kissing him again. My hand slid from his chest down to his belt buckle. He groaned quietly and I chuckled against his lips.

This. This is what I had been thinking about for a year and a half. And I wasn't about to let it pass me by.