Short Tellings of Tall Tales

Pranked

Pranked
It’s was the best prank the boys could think of. Annoy the girls, and make themselves legends in the school, while giving themselves something to smile about. It took a lot of planning, they had to sneak into the changing rooms while no one looking and place the camera but then all they had to do was wait. They made sure they got the camera place just before year 11 sports, they didn’t want anyone thinking they where paedos after all. The job of sneaking the camera in and out of the changing rooms fell to Hamish; he was the sports teachers’ son, and therefore the guy who would have the best excuse to be in the girls changing room.

“I was just looking for my dad; someone said he was in here.”

Hamish snuck the camera in last break before the girls had netball. He waited till everyone was out of the sports ground, and those who weren’t where breaking the rules as much as he was. The boy’s where all distracted during sports, who wouldn’t be with the thought of the twenty fittest girls in year eleven being caught changing on camera.

After retrieving the camera Hamish took it straight to Mark’s house where his friends where gathering to watch the home movie. When he got there he plugged it into the TV and re-winded to the start. The beginning was boring, the girls where sat talking about their classes and shopping that weekend.

“Take your tops off.” Josh, the typical jock yelled.

This got some laughs from the others.
Back on screen the netball coach banged on the door.

“Hustle girls!” She could be heard yelling
.
The girls all rolled their eyes, the first one to pull of her top was Amelia Hart, she was the captain of the netball team and on a scale of 1 to 10 she was a twelve for looks, she was followed shortly after by Hannah Marsh (7) and Lindsey Porter (2). Unsurprisingly Lindsey got booed. The video continued like this with the above five girl receiving cheers and the low scoring girls getting booed. By the time all the girls had left the changing room most of the guys had thoroughly exhausted themselves.
They left Hamish, who was their techno bitch for the night, to find the girls getting changed back and went to Mark’s kitchen in search of beer and food.
As Hamish fast forwarded the tape a girl walked on to the screen. Hamish pressed play, slowing the tape back to normal speed.

It was Eve Miller. She hadn’t been at school for months; there had been all sorts of rumours. At the moment the two most believed rumour where that she’d got addicted to heroin and had gone to rehab or she’d gotten pregnant. Mark watched as she fiddled with the zip on her sports bag waiting to find out the truth. Finally after Eve had walked round the small changing room twice she unzipped her sports bag and got her netball kit out. She moved slowly laying the white t-shirt and blue skirt on the bench before even pulling her jumped off.

Underneath her over sized jumped she wore a long sleeved shirt despite the fact it was nearing summer. She tied her hair back, at the bottom of her neck; just visible over her colours was a tiny red mark. Hamish only saw if briefly, Eve turned round again and looked almost directly at the camera. Hamish froze. Had she seen it? No, he told himself, she wouldn’t have left the tape in if she’d seen it.
Honour Smith (7 1/2), one of the popular girls ran into the changing room.

“You’re late.” She told Eve.

“Yeah, had to get some work from Bio,” Eve explained weakly.

Honour shrugged and grabbed a handful of tissues.

“I’ll tell Miss Ryan your just coming.”

Eve nodded. She waited till Honour had left before she started to slowly unbutton her shirt. It fell open to reveal clear pale skin, no sign of stretch marks or left over pregnancy weight. Hamish watched as she slipped the shirt off revealing her arms, the skin there was unblemished, no track marks, nothing. Eve turned around and Hamish gasped. Running almost parallel down her back where three long thin scars. She slipped her polo shirt over her head before taking her tights and her school skirt off. Hamish let out gasp, the back of Eve’s legs where covered in bruises and scratches. Eve put her sports skirt on, it did nothing to hide the marks, she tied her hair back and wiped the tear out of her eyes. Then slowly, but determinedly she walked into the sports hall.

When the guys came back Hamish lied and said the camera battery must have died. He said it cut out a minute or two after the girls went to their lesson. The guys grumbled but settled for uploading what they had onto the school website and watching a horror film instead.

The next day Hamish sat on the grass waiting for the guys to get out of maths. He heard someone walk up sit down next to him.

“Thanks.” Eve Miller said staring ahead at the main road.

He looked straight ahead and pretend to be confused.

“For what?” He said, trying oh so hard not to turn and look.

She placed her hand on his arm and turned her head to look straight at him.

“Where are they from?”

A slight smile rose on her face, but it was washed with sadness.

“It was a long time ago now.” She said, her voice tinged with memory and regret. “I won’t bore you with it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am thinking of contuing this short story to be a full story, but I'm not sure what people think of it. So feedback please
A) Is it fine as it is or
B) does it need more explanation but should stay as a short story
C) would people like to hear more about Hamish and Eve