Sequel: A New Beginning

The Life I Never Knew I Had

The Life I Never Knew I Had Chapter 25

Beep...beep...beep...beep...
I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. My head was pounding and everything looked fuzzy.
I closed my eyes again and slowly opened them.
“She’s waking up!” I heard a familiar voice yell.
I looked around the room and realized that I was in the hospital.
My parents and my siblings were hovered over me.
Where was Ryan? I wondered as Doctor Drew hurried in.
“Jennifer, how are you?” he asked me.
“Been better,” I said
“Follow my finger,” he instructed as he shined a flashlight in my eyes. “Do you know who I am?”
“You’re Doctor Drew, those are my parents and my siblings, its 2012 the president is black and where is my fiancée?” I asked looking at all of them.
“Jennifer,” my mom started. “You’ve been out for a week now and Ryan still hasn’t woken up yet,”
I clinched my jaw and stared at her. “What?” I asked calmly.
“The truck hit Ryan’s side of the car so he got more of the impact of the accident,” Doctor Drew explained.
I could feel my heart being crushed and thrown down to the pit of my stomach.
“I have to see him,” I said getting out of the bed.
“No, you have to rest,”
“I’ve been resting for a week. Let me see him,”
“Jennifer please,” Doctor Drew stopped me from getting up.
“Please, let me see him,” I said looking Doctor Drew in the eyes silently begging him.
“He’s down the hall,” he said letting me go.
I quickly hurried to Ryan’s room.
Once I found him I hurried over to his side and sat down.
I looked at his beautiful beat up face. He had a band aid around his head like I did a long with a few stitches and his arm was in a cast. I covered my mouth and slowly felt myself breaking down.
“I’m so sorry, Ryan, I so, so, sorry. If I didn’t agree with you, you won’t be like this. Please forgive me. I should have been more careful…I…”
I felt a hand on my back and a warm blanket was placed around my shoulders.
“Jenny, dear, this wasn’t your fault. Love makes you do, funky things. Damien wanted to kill Ryan. I know he did. Do not blame yourself for someone else’s evil,” my mom said hugging me.
I wiped away my tears. “He’ll wake up soon, right mom?”
“I know he will,” she said kissing my cheek.
I sat there and talked to Ryan for the rest of the day, with my family.
Doctor Drew brought us food and told me to try not to fall asleep. I was on concussion watch.
******
Two weeks later I was free the leave the hospital.
I returned back to my apartment for a quick shower. I packed a little bag full of books, homework and other things I would need. Ryan still has wakened up yet.
So I was going to stay by his side and wait for him.
Just as I was ready to leave the house my cell phone rang.
“Hello?”
“Jenny, how are you?” Lance hushed.
“Been better,”
“Good! How’s Ryan?”
“He hasn’t woken up,”
“Okay, well, Damien thinks he’s dead and he’s waiting for you to come back”.
“I’m not coming back”.
“Good, just be carful and I’ll check up on you soon”.
“Thanks Lance”.
We hung up and hurried to the hospital.
I sat with Ryan and talked to him.
I read to him.
Studied with him.
Prayed with him.
I waited for him to wake up.
I waited weeks.
Months.
And years, until…it became too hard and I gave up.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End!
There will be a squeal!
Quick side note! I do want to try and publish this so please tell me your honest opinion.
I might not upload the squeal just yet so yeah.
What do you think will happen?
Thanks for reading and all that jazz.