Sequel: A New Beginning

The Life I Never Knew I Had

The Life I Never Knew I Had Chapter 9

I turned around and looked at Elliott in shock.
He smiled at me and walked up to me.
“Jenny,” he said taking the small box out of my hands.
He got down on one knee and continued. “You are the most beautiful, smart, and wonderful girl I’ve ever meet. I know you don’t have a choice, but since I’m in love with you I wanted to ask you myself. Will you marry me?”
I was speechless, so I just nodded my head.
Elliott smiled up at me as he slipped the yellow topaz ring with little diamonds around it.
He stood up and kissed me lightly on the lips.
I wrapped my arms around his neck.
We pulled away and smiled at each other. “I love you,” I told him.
“I love you too,”
We walked back to the mansion hand in hand.
****
We walked into the dinning room where everyone was eating.
They all turned and looked at us.
Damien and Skye smiled and Ryan looked at me in a way I couldn’t figure out.
“My, my, don’t you look beautiful,” Skye said to me
“Thank you” I smiled at her.
“Why don’t you sit down” Damien said.
Elliott and I sat down next to each other still holding hands.
I ran my hand through my hair out of habit and I heard Skye gasp. We all looked over at her.
I raised an eyebrow. “What?”
“Your ring” she said.
I looked at my left hand at my ring finger and smiled.
“He proposed to you?” Damien asked smiling too.
“Yeah,” I looked over at Elliott, who was smiling at me.
We kissed each other quickly. “I love her” he said
“And I love him”
“Excuse me,” Ryan said getting up from the table.
I stared after him in disbelief.
*****
After dinner I walked to Ryan’s room to see if he was okay.
I knocked on his door and waited.
The door flew open and Ryan walked out. “What?”
“I just wanted to know if you were okay”
“I’m fine” he said rudely
I crossed my arms over my chest. “Why are you so mean to me all the time? I’m trying to be nice and you make no effort to even try? Did I do something wrong? Did I way something wrong? Am I wrong?”
“Why do you even care?”
He got me there.
Truth be told, I didn’t know why I cared.
“I don’t know. Look, we will be seeing a lot of each other so; can we try to get along?”
“Okay,”
We shook hands and I smiled at him.
I was about to walk away when Ryan grabbed my wrist.
“What?” I asked.
He looked at me and brought me closer to him.
“What?” I repeated.
He shook his head. “Nothing, you just look, very beautiful in that dress,”
“Thanks” I smiled.
I headed back to my room and flopped down on my bed.
I looked at my ring and smiled.
I changed out of my clothes and into my pajamas, which were a pair of shorts and a tank top.
I curled up in my bed and finished my homework.
*****
I closed my text book and took out Pride and Prejudice; I was determined to finish reading it.
Which I did in less than an hour.
I jumped out of my bed and walked to the library to find a new book to read.
I found The Note Book and went back to my room.
As I walked to my room I heard loud shouting coming from Damien’s room. I walked over to his room to eavesdrop.
“We have to tell her! I’ll tell her! She has to know, father! Please, show some mercy!” I heard Elliott plead.
“I agree with Elliott,” I heard Ryan say. “She’s going to find out anyway, we might as well tell her,”
“No, she must not know there will be no more on the topic” I heard Damien say.
“Father, if we don’t tell her and she finds out, do you really think she’ll marry me? Or want to? She’ll try and stop you and your plans, then what will you do? I don’t want to lose her” Elliott said pushing the subject.
“If she does find out and tries to stop me, she’ll suffer the same fate as her parents and the rest of the Pontiac. She will not know anything! Understood?” Damien asked.
The room was silent.
There was defiantly something going on something evil.
Damien said that I will suffer the same fate as my parents and the rest of Pontiac.
That must mean I’m from Pontiac.

Hope you liked it!!
Comment!
Vote!