‹ Prequel: Looking for a Lifeline
Sequel: Me or the Music?
Status: Coming Along Nicely :)

You're Not Alone.

12

"Matt? Matt are you here?" I asked as I walked in through the back door to the condo. I draped my beach towel over a chair on the back porch and closed the door behind me "Matt?" I asked quiter this time, incase he was sleeping.

I sighed and took my hair out, shaking it a little. I could feel sand on my scalp. Jimmy had ever so kindly assisted Brian in throwing me and Jackie into the water. He said he only did it because Matt would have, but he wasn't there.

I slid out of my flipflops and placed my beach bag down on the floor, walking to the kitchen. I opened the door and sighed, leaning against it as my eyes scanned the counter tops. The last time I had gone looking for a boyfriend in his house, nothing ended well. Tears welled up behind my eyes as I thought about that day.

"Eric! Eric are you here? I have some awesome news!" I shouted and closed the door behind me, "Fuck.." I mumbled and opened it, freeing my coat tail "Eric!? Where are you?" I asked and looked around, he'd usually be out here by now.

I threw my purse down on the ground and took my coat off "Eric?" I hung my coat up and took my hat off, walking into the house.

"Eric, baby this isn't funny! Come on I have something to tell you babe!" I looked around, his guitar was in it's stand next to the cellar door, so he wasn't playing it somewhere "ERIC!" I shouted, getting worried now. I walked upstairs and knocked on his closed bedroom door "Eric, baby are you in there?" I asked, pushing the door open "Damnit this place needs to be cle-"

My breath caught in my throat as my eyes traveled up the six foot body. From his black sneakers, his light worn out denim jeans, his light colored teeshirt, to the paper bag over his head. Tears were in my eyes instantly, my hand clasped over my mouth as he turned in a slow circle, a circle as slow as
death.

"ERIC!!" I shouted and fell to my knees, it couldn't be happening, it wasn't happening. My heart shattered as my fists collided with the carpet, "NO NO NO!" I shouted and stood up, taking my cell phone out, I had to call someone. I needed someone here, I didn't know what to do. I quickly adverted my eyes from his body and they moved to the bed. His bed was made, in contrast to the messy room, and a note laid crisply ontop of a stack of clothing.

I snatched it up in my hands, the paper shivering like a leaf in the wind as my hands shook. I read it outloud, to myself, and screamed, sobs shaking my voice.


I hadn't noticed, but I was crying as I stared at the counter top onfront of me. I had walked all the way over to the other side of the kitchen, and stared down. I wiped my foggy eyes and looked down at the small pool of tears on the marble countertop. I felt my heart aching all over again. I placed my hands over my face and let out small sobs, everything ached again.

*Matt's POV*

"Dude, where's Marie?" I stopped my feet in the sand as I stood next to Brian, he looked over at me "Did she leave?"

"Well duh. We're packing up, so she went home. Where have you been?" He asked, "She was pretty freaked out. She thought she did something wrong."

I shook my head "I was at the other end of the beach... I feel so bad for blowing up at her. It wasn't her it was me... All I could think of was Cori and-"

"I told her." Brian mumbled, his voice somewhat afraid.

"Ok." I nodded "Alright... so she's at the condo?" I asked. He nodded, "Thanks." I gave him a wave and began jogging for the house, I needed to apologize to Marie. She didn't do anything wrong, I was just jumping to conclusions too fast.

As I reached the back door I noticed her towel outside. At least she was here. I slid open the door and my ears were greeted by a soft noise. I paused after closing the door and listened. Someone was crying, and I knew it was Marie. But they were cries because you did something wrong, it was worse than that. I'd heard those before, from myself. She had dealt with me so well when I'd get upset still from losing Corinne, but not once had I seen her cry over Eric except that first time. But I knew this cry, and I was going to be there for her.

I took a deep breath and kicked my shoes off, walking towards the kitchen. I slowly opened the door and stepped in. She was standing in her bikinig, back to me, hands to her face, sobbing over the counter. My heart ached for her, something so beautiful shouldn't hurt so bad.

"Marie?" I asked quietly.

She sniffled and turned around, her eyes glossy and foggy. She wiped the with her arm, leaving a black streak of eyeliner "Oh... h-h-... when'd you get in? I was looking for you and..." She paused.

She was looking for me. "Oh babe... C'mere." I opened my arms. She walked over and pressed her face against my chest, her tears coating my skin as she cried again.

"The last time I looked for someone he... Eric... He.." She sobbed "Oh Matt! I didn't want to see you like that!" She half screamed and half sobbed into her hands now "But I couldn't help seeing it all happen again... I just couldn't.."

"Shh, it's ok." I kissed the top of her head "Let it all out, baby. It's alright. I'm sorry for leaving earlier, I should have stayed and explained... then none of this would have happened." I whispered into her sea-water textured hair, I let out a small laugh and she looked up at me.

"Jimmy threw me in." Her lips trembled "Because you weren't there to..." She broke down again "Oh my god I feel so childish for crying this much!"

"No it's ok, keep crying. It's good for you." I whispered.

"I can't stop thinking about Eric now, and... I couldn't bring myself to look in our room for you because... Oh Matt!" She bawled again "I'm so stupid, I can't believe it!"

"You are."

Her head snapped up to me "Excuse me? Isn't this where you tell me I'm not stupidf or thinking that?" She asked, standing still as I wiped her tears away.

"No. You were stupid for thinking I'd leave you like that, Marie. I wouldn't leave you, I know how bad it hurts to lose someone." I stared at her.

"I am stupid... aren't I?" She laughed a little.

"Yes." I smiled "It's weird how we're agreeing on this.."

"I know." She mumbled and pulled herself back into my chest "I want to stay right here...."

"Be my guest but... you need a shower Miss Salty." I laughed and picked her up, feeling her body shake with after effects of sobs "After a warm shower, we'll get in comfy clothes, and make food... and watch TV, and then go sit outside and stare at the sun set over the ocean."

I felt her laugh "Wow, since when are you Mister Romantic?" She asked, her face still pushed against my skin.

"Well... I know Corinne used to like watching the sunset. The reason she never actually liked being away from the West Coast." I Shrugged and set Marie down on the bathroom tile counter.

"Sunsets are romantic." She stared at me "We aren't having sex."

"IF you insist." I rolled my eyes "But I know how to make you change your mind." I wiggled my fingers in the air, she squirmed "See?"

"Bastard." She mumbled with a laugh as I turned the water on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Avenged Sevenfold's cover of Paranoid by Black Sabbath is amazing :D I just found out about it the other day and it BLEW. MY. MIND!! They did an amazing job with it, really sounded awesome.

OK, well I have to go read an actual book now *sigh* I hate this... it's 629 pages long and I just started it on like... friday. I'm at page 489 now... urggg this is taking forever. The chapters are so long, too, so it makes it worse :(

OH! Who's gunna go see the new Alice In Wonderland movie opening weekend??? MEEEE!!! LOL It looks so good, and our Drama class is putting on "Through The Looking Glass" this year so I'm going with two friends from there :) Bad thing: It's a Christian (religious) Drama class so they had to get permission from their parents to see it. It's fucking PG and the two girls that are going with me are sixteen.... HAHA OMG I didn't even have to ask (only if it'd be ok if I left for most of the day just to be polite of my parents' schedules lol incase they needed me...) And I'm like wicked sheltered and controlled by my parents... At seventeen I'm actually starting to feel that freedom lol!

XOXOXOXO Comments are lovely :) I'd like at least two before the next update m'kay? Pwweezz? And if you can whore this out to your A7X-fan friends that'd be radical :)

xxx