Status: Mildly Active

I Want Her

Connect the Dots

“Where are we going?” I asked, staring up at his glowing chin.

“Somewhere secluded.” He answered. We were soon speeding along lonelier roads, ones that were lit by moon beams rather than street lights. Dark trees lined the edges, they’re mossy hangings swaying in the gentle night breeze. Eric was slowing down, and sound suddenly came back to me. Crickets chirped musically all around us, making the grass come to life. The gravel road took a sharp turn, but Eric didn’t follow it. He just continued heading straight, the mossy trees casting shadows over us.

A thick tendril of mossy hanging trailed over my shoulder, sending intense tingles through my arm and neck. I shivered with delight, closing my eyes and enjoying the sensation. I was beginning to understand where V addicts were coming from. When I opened my eyes again, Eric was staring at me, his eyes shining. His emotions took me, not violently like usual, but a soft ebb and flow, coming in like the tide.

He was deep in thought. Carnal desires and a need for belonging warmed my heart. He would never admit it, but Eric was painfully lonely. I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing my face into his chest.

“You’re not alone Eric” I said softly, my voice muffled by his dense chest. “Pam loves you, and I understand you. Don’t be sad.” I slowly seeped reassurance into him, the emotion leaching out of my skin and into him.

“You’re extremely perceptive in your hindered state. How well are you in control of your gift?” Another mossy tendril swept across my face, and as the tingles started, I let my feelings become one with his. They traveled through my face to the back of my scalp, absorbing into Eric’s body and rippling over his chest. Eric gasped a little, goosebumps spreading over his pale skin. I couldn’t help but smile.

“Wow... you are very very high. And yet very in tune with your gift.” He said, coming to a break in the trees. There was a murky swamp stewing at the edge of the clearing, reflecting the stars. Eric set me down against the trunk of a wide, moss covered tree truck, and knelt down next to me. The crickets chirped, and the fireflies blinked in the distance. Everything was very distracting, so I didn’t notice Eric crouched in a menacing position until I saw the moonlight glint off his fangs.

“Eric, what’s wrong?” I whispered. Eric let out a low hiss, his eyes scanning the foliage. Suddenly, Eric pounced into the trees, the crash of underbrush echoing over the swamp. I heard a girl’s scream, and was about to stand up to run after him, when he emerged holding a disgruntled Jessica.

“Will you let go of me? I’m just doing what I was told! Let go!” She was yelling, wincing under Eric’s iron grip.

“What are you doing here?” Eric said, looking irritated.

“Pam told me to follow you. She thought one of the cops might recognize me since my parents think I was kidnapped and all. Which I was” She said, glaring at him.

“Don’t blame me, Jessica. That is no one but your makers fault.” Said Eric, letting go of her and walking back toward me.

“The water is so pretty. The pulses are so bright” I said, looking out at the swamp.

“What’s up with her?” Said Jessica, giving me a funny look.

“She’s intoxicated” said Eric, grabbing my face and looking into my eyes.

“She’s drunk?” Said Jessica, walking closer to see.

“No, high. I underestimated the amount of blood I gave her. Rory, your pupils are really dilated.”

“Holy hell. I can’t even tell what color her eyes are.” said Jessica, leaning into my face. I looked up at her, her soft iridescent skin glowing, and I felt my arm move up to touch it. My fingertips touched her face, sparks flying between us, and I felt myself passing the sensations to her. I wasn’t just in tune with my ability, it was out of my control. My high was rising by the minute, and the more uninhibited I felt, the less I could control my gift.

“Is that what being high feels like?” Jessica asked, her eyes looking distant.

“You can feel it?” Asked Eric, his voice sounding unsteady.

“Yeah... it’s like the feelings are coming through her fingers.” Said Jessica breathlessly. She moved back a little, my fingers loosing contact, and the sparks unable to make the distance. Then she took my hand and pressed it to the side of her face. Instantly, her eyes closed and her mouth opened, her white fangs flicking into place.

“Jessica!” Eric said, grabbing her shoulder. Jessica gasped, biting her lip. I felt the sensations travel completely through Jessica’s body to connect with Eric too. His fangs popped out over his bottom lip.

“Oh wow...” said Jessica, slowly opening her eyes. “How is she doing that?” I felt my lips move with hers. Everything they felt was synchronized with me. I could feel Eric flexing his tight muscles, his energy tingling in the tissue of my arm. Eric let go of Jessica, breaking the contact. “I don’t know” He said, staring at me intensely.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Been working on a lot of paintings. I got into the college I wanted! :D Anyways, here's the new chapter. Hopefully I can update again soon. Enjoy! :3