Status: Mildly Active

I Want Her

Sending out an S.O.S.

Before long, my bucket was bright red, and the floor was almost clean. I had rolled up my pants to prevent more red liquid from getting on them. My back was to the door, when I felt another presents. I took them in and sighed. “Hello Eric.” I said, his aura flickering with curiosity. I mopped up the last of the Trublood, and turned to face him.

He was leaning against the door, staring at me. He was motionless, only his eyes moved across my face. I swallowed, then bent down, picked up the bucket and moved swiftly past him to the bathroom. I felt him following me, watching me as I slowly poured the contents of the bucket in the sink and rung out the mop. Suddenly, Eric felt a sharp pang of pain in him. I spun quickly, looking at him. “What’s wrong? Are you okay?” I asked automatically.

He looked taken aback for a split second, but he quickly regained his collected composure. “You look perfectly delectable in red” He said, casually. “Chow needs you at the bar. I’ll be in my office.” He said before gliding out of the room.

Sighing, I rinsed the last of the red Trublood of my hands, dried them, and went out down the hallway to assist Chow with bartending. The bar had picked up the pace, everything was much more crowded, but most people weren’t at the bar. They were surrounding the few vampires in there, necks exposed and eyes lusty. “There’s not much for you to do here. I’m not sure what you can do…” Said Chow slowly, cleaning out another glass. “That’s okay” I said, looking out at the bar patrons. “I’ll just people watch. Call me when you need me.” I said, moving through the throng of warm bodies, making my way over to the couch I slept on last night.

People watching in a vampire bar was very entertaining. Not only were there many interesting people there, but there were so many that no one noticed if I played around with my gift. Slowly, I let my rough brittle aura become soft and absorbent. Lust attacked me from all directions, and I almost threw it back up, but I held out. Maybe I could use this somehow. I focused all my attention on the lustful smog that engulfed everything. I could feel my heart beat rise with everyone else’s, my nether regions slowly stoking a fire. I closed my eyes and concentrated. Maybe I could use this as practice, so I could still know people’s emotions but not be forced to feel them myself. Hearts pounded, bodies swayed, minds churned with dirty thoughts. I tried to make my aura absorbent but firm. I wanted the feelings to come close enough for me to identify them, but not so close that they over ride my own feelings. The harder I concentrated, the more the feelings penetrated my little bubble, tearing it and engulfing me with desire. A hand clutched my shoulder, and my eyes flew open, heart pounding and cheeks flushed.

A woman glided around the edge of the couch, her cool hand tickling my shoulder. Her emotions shot through me, filling me completely. Blocking out feelings when I was physically being touched is so difficult, I usually can’t carry out a conversation. She was curious, lustful, and hungry. The same kind of hunger Jessica was feeling before she fed; the kind of hunger that rumbles in your very tissue. She was a vampire.

“Hello” She said, her voice silky and rich. “May I sit with you?” Her fiery red hair draped over her pale face as she leaned forward to greet me. I nodded slowly; her scent was enchanting and sweet. She glided into the seat beside me, and looked into my face. Her fingers drifted from my shoulder, up my neck, and held onto my chin. She leaned in close, her eyes smoldering, and her aura wanting me to give in. “How would you like to come home with me tonight?”

I opened my mouth to answer, my mind swimming with her influence, but I stopped myself and blocked her out. “I’m sorry miss, but I belong to someone else.” I said timidly, hoping she didn’t realize her spell was broken.

“And who might that be? I’m sure they wouldn’t mind if I had a little fun with you tonight.” She said, her eyes never leaving mine. She looked around for a moment, before quickly taking my hand and pulling me off towards the door. “Come on, I’ll make sure you enjoy it.” She said, pushing through people.

“No, stop. Stop, I don’t want to go with you!” I said, tugging against her. She tightened her grip, and my eyes began to water with pain. I could almost hear my bones creaking from the pressure. I quickly looked around, trying to see Eric, but he was nowhere in sight. I closed my eyes, and tried something. I had no idea if it would work, but I had to make an effort or this wild seductress would have me for dinner.

Quickly, I sifted through the lustful auras in the room, trying to find a familiar one. Eric’s powerful but reserved impression touched my prying reach, and I dug my heels into the floor and began to send panic to him. My bubble screamed for help, but I couldn’t pass the words, only the emotion. Hopefully he could understand, because the woman was yanking me closer and closer to the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kinda wish I was an empath...