Status: Yeah, just tell me what you think!

You'll Learn

I sat down on the crinkly sheet of paper, shifting back and forth on the uncomfortable cot. Sweat beads formed on my skin like dew on morning grass. God I was a nervous wreck.

I tried to find something to stare at while I waited in the little white room, but I found myself staring at what was on top of the little clip bored the nurse had left behind. I could feel that blood drain from my face and my hands become cold.

My head snapped towards the door as is slid open, reviling the nurse in bugs bunny scrubs. She didn't look too happy, but of coarse, she was never really happy to see me.

She prepared the needle, forcing out the bubbles at the top and she rubbed my arm with rubbing alcohol. I looked away as she place the fat needle next to my arm.

My mouth gaped as I felt the needle prick my skin and slide into my vein. No matter how many times I warned myself about the pain, I always forgot how much it hurt. It felt like someone was slowly shoving a splintery toothpick deep into my arm.

My foot rapidly taped the ground as I slammed my eyes shut. I opened my left eye slightly and looked at the nurse.

Her lips were pursed into a tight white line and her hair was pulled back enough to stretch her old skin, and her small square glasses rested at the end of her long pointy nose.

“Are you almost finished?” I hissed quietly threw my clinched jaw. She looked up at me and glared.

“It would be easier if you held still.” She growled back at me. My eyes shot open as she yanked the needle out of my arm. I gasped in surprised pain and collapsed onto the cot. I looked down at my arm and saw a sprayed line of blood on my arm.

“You bi-.” I managed to half whimper as she left the room. I sat up, trying to ignore the throbbing pain and my arm. I bandaged my arm and put my shirt back on, slung my backpack over my shoulder and walked out of the door, and ran down the hallway. I was late, again.
  1. 1