Status: it's late...i lost whatever it was i had for this, but i've found it again...can't promise quick updates, but i'm steadily writing for it!

Childhood's End.

The Queen.

His head gave the slightest of nods and she turned back to face me, a rather large and overly happy grin was plastered on her face. I braced myself.

“John and I are on leave for another twelve days and the family wanted to do something nice for him, us, while we were still out here together. If you’re still around Rodney, you’re more than welcome to join our engagement party this coming weekend!”

I didn’t let my gaze slide over to his—or glance down at her left hand, I couldn’t do it. I forced the largest grin I could manage and offered her congratulations. I felt Evan’s arm tense and his fingertips rub small circles over my hip.

“Again, congratulations, but I’m only free till tomorrow evening. Radek and I head back to our flat in the city for work, we were lucky to get off these few days.”

My heart was racing and I hoped my face wasn’t flush; that would be embarrassing. Nancy smiled in understanding.

“Of course, I understand. You two do very important work right? Some sort of physics? Um, astrophysics was it?”

A real smile emerged; Evan’s telling I’m sure, but I nodded.

“Yes, we’re under so many confidentiality reports it’s hard to say what we can actually share.”

“I completely understand. I’m a contractor for a few different military operations. John told me you have a gift, you’re a genius; I dare say I feel so out of place when I talk to people who even hold one doctorate and Evan said you have two.”

She went on for a while, both of us conversing rather easily with each other. I could feel myself relaxing around her, although the tension in the air had yet to dissipate. She had moved closer to me each statement she made; her hand was now on my arm.

“Come now Rodney, let’s let the boys be boys and we’ll have us some bonding time of our own.”

I felt lips press against my temple and I inwardly sighed.

“Actually Nancy, Mer and I were about to go on a walk. I have to head home early; I have a long day tomorrow ahead of me. New enrollments; I wanted to spend as much time with him as I could before he heads back to the city.”

“Of course, I’m sorry! I hadn’t realized I was interrupting something. Well Rodney, it was very nice to finally meet you. If Evan gives you any grief let me know and I’ll sick John on him.”

She lent in and pecked my cheek and then moved to do the same to Evan before slinking back over and practically molding herself to John’s side. We said our goodbyes and Evan took my hand and led me out of the front door, his thumb comfortably rubbing along my own as we walked away from the house.

“I’m not sure if there’s a proper way for me to thank you, I don’t think I could’ve stood being in her presence anymore.”

He chuckled.

“She’s a character and John’s lucky to have her.”

“I know.”

I choked those words out and as Evan tightened his fingers through mine, I knew he knew too. We continued in silence; what could you really say to that? Damn my father; I should’ve never made that phone call…oh who am I kidding, I should’ve made that phone call the moment I turned eighteen. That’s what he was waiting for, he held out for that long and even longer.

“Rodney, don’t beat yourself up about this…it…it was bound to happen to one or both of yo—“

I put my finger to his lips.

“Come with me. Don’t question it, just come with me.”

I stopped us and turned us around and headed back towards the house, more specifically my car. I unlocked it and climbed in, motioning for Evan to do the same. I drove the five minutes it took to get to my parents house; I had commandeered the loft above the garage when I turned eighteen.

I pulled the car up to the curb and got out, ushering Evan to follow me, quickly and quietly—I didn’t know if my parents were home and if they were, I didn’t need them knowing I was too. We quickly went up the stairs and I jiggled the key into the lock how it was supposed to and finally opened the door.

It was as I had last left it; a mess. I heard the door shut behind me and I spun around and pinned Evan to the door and covered his mouth with my own; my hands grabbing at his waist, moving around, fiddling with the hem of his tee, shifting, yanking, all to get at the warm flesh beneath. I felt his hands grasp my biceps, his fingertips digging in, holding on; his lips moved with mine, not in sync but it was enough to borderline desperate and perfection.

I pressed him further into the door, the old glass panels jingling beneath the flimsy curtain with each move. His tongue is tracing my bottom lip, teasing me to open up for him—I do. His breaths, harsh and uneven flutter down my cheek through his nostrils, his hands inch upwards ever so slowly till his fingers are so wrapped up in my hair I’m not sure where it ends and he begins.

I grind my hips into his, meeting a rapidly growing bulge; one or both of us whimpers, I can’t really tell. His teeth nip my bottom lip as he sucks it in, pulsing, slow sucks that have me aching with a want I haven’t felt in a long time. I pull back and look hard into his eyes and step backwards, removing myself from his personal space.

“Evan, I…you can leave now because if we go any further I won’t be able to stop myself and, and…and you, you deserve better than my desperate attempts a—mmph.”

His hand covered my mouth and his lips were in a slight smirk; all pink and swollen, they looked delicious—they were.

“Rodney, we’re both adults. Consenting I might add. If I didn’t want this I would have never gotten in the car with you.”

He moved his hand, cupping my jaw, swiping his thumb gently across my bottom lip. He moved closer, our eyes never parting. He moved till we were chest to chest, my eyes closed as he lent in and pressed his lips to mine. As this kiss deepened there was no perfection, only sheer, wanton desperation. I moved my arms grasping his biceps and moved us backwards towards the bed.

I brought him down on top of me, allowing us to shift and move till he was straddling me, our lips brushing each other’s or our chins, necks or jaws. With each thrust downward from him, I thrust up; I hadn’t done this in a long time. His lips covered mine, devouring me, pulling everything from deep within me to the surface.

A loud bang on the door startled us, causing him to slightly nip my lip. He scrambled off of me, falling to his side as I quickly climbed to my feet and raced to the door—hoping beyond anything that it wasn’t one of my parents standing on the other side. Wiping my hand across my lip, glancing down at the small streak of blood, I opened the door with my free hand. My jaw dropped at who was standing on the top landing.

“What are you doing here?”

“Rodney, please, I just…can we talk?”

Without an okay he pushed himself past me into the loft and stopped once he realized I wasn’t alone. Evan sat on the edge of my old bed, hair mussed, shirt ruffled and untucked, belt unbuckled; he was still hard in his jeans, I know I was.

“Oh.”