Status: In process of being edited and revised.

FAIL.com

Nice?

It looked and smelled just as crappy as before. Matthew’s apartment could be mistaken as a cheap hotel room but calling it that was an understatement because hotels at least had authentic AC.

“Holy lord, it’s hot.”

“Don’t even start.” Matthew warned. The first thing he did when they entered the flat was disappear into a room Ava didn’t even notice existed in the place this time around. She told him she didn’t want to be left alone in a strange room (the living area) by herself for a certain period of time; that didn’t stop him from taking his time getting changed in his room. There was oblivious mildew growing on the rug, Ava could smell it from the halls, maybe everyone had it. The walls were short and gray. They used to be white but age could do some things to cheap paint.

“Hey, Matt?”

“What?”

Ava spun in a circle, twice, and persisted on asking her question. “How come there are no family pictures? Like, none whatsoever.”

Matthew opened his room door and peered out, like a creeper emerging from darkness, Ava couldn’t see past him for the room was pitch black. “I don’t have a family.” With that he dissolved into his dark lair once again and Ava shuddered.

“Sorry I asked.” She said to no one. After what seemed like eternity, killing ants out of boredom in the kitchen area, and dusk setting, Matthew came out of his room. Ava looked at him curiously, thinking boys don’t take longer to get dress than girls, and he was only in sweat pants and a plain white t-shirt. “What were you doing?”

“Stuff.”

“Yeah I was doing stuff too, Matthew. I was smashing bug bodies and picking off paint chips from the inside of your sink now why the fuck did I do all of this while you were doing your stuff?” He smiled coolly and opened up his midget fridge only to take out a soda and offer it to Ava. “Now what the hell are you doing?”

“Don’t want it? Ok.” He opened it and drank for himself then made a loud obnoxious sigh. “I figured I’d be nice since I was the cause of your troubles with Shelby and if you really must be nosy I was doing work that I didn’t get a chance to do today.”

“I thought we were doing that together.”

“You seemed too much in shock that it made you stupid.”

Disregarding that last statement, Ava became giddy at the thought of Matthew caring for her, as though he had a heart after all.

“Is the Ice Box actually being nice to little ol’ me?”

“You didn’t just call me what I hope you didn’t, did you?”

“...no.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, a part of the added excerpt. There will be more extra entries (they still need to be typed up).