Who Mugged Billie Joe?

Chapter 7

I walked all night, trying to lose myself, I couldn't take it anymore, Jason is my best friend but right now there was nothing stopping me from running away,
I missed that brave solider I called my father. There was no one in the world who could make me feel better, only one person in heaven.
I kept talking into the heavens, hoping he would hear my voice, I didn't want to live anymore all I wanted was to see him, in heaven.
I sat down on an old dusty side walk in a street that read 'Christie Road' I was tired, weary and going suicidal, it wasn't like I had any family to comfort me, there all gone, all because of that stupid war. I lay down on the concrete and closed my eyes, praying I would die in my sleep.

Mike and Jason.

Jason started to fear his friend was gone for good, Mike never left Jason's side, although he was tired, he had to do something right in his life for once, so he helped the fellow hoping that it would make it for his wrongs.

"Okay, it's late, lets stop at a hotel for the night and continue the search tomorrow." Mike said, they were both exhausted and really needed a break.

"I suppose we should." Jason sighed deeply

There was a hotel close by, they dusted there dirty shoes on the welcome mat and Mike hit the small little attention bell.

"May I help you sirs?" I man spoke just as he ran behind the counter.

"Yes, we'd like a room with two beds please." Mike said impatiently

"Im afraid we only have one bed rooms available at the moment sir."
Mike scrunched up his fists and took a deep breath

"Thats.. Okay." He muttered.

"That's come down to thirty three dollars." He said trying to work it out in his head.

Mike rustled through his wallet but he only brought fifteen,

"Damn," He moaned.

"Let me help." Jason said, he pulled out a fifty dollar note from his back pocket.

"Wait a second, I thought you said you were a side street performer, how do you get that kind of money?" Mike asked curiously

"Oh, you know. I have my ways." He smiled at Mike and payed the counter man.

They went up to there room, the wallpaper was torn, the lights flickers and there one bed waited for them.

"How is this going to work exactly?" Mike said as he tilted his head looking at the bed.

"Well...." Jason hesitated "I guess we'll have to share."

"Pfft! Thats hardly manly at all." Mike winced

"Maybe we could just sleep on the edges. Thats kind of manly..Right?"

Mike sighed. "I guess so." he muttered.

-Billie and Adrienne-
Billie's P.O.V

Thats it, I can't take it anymore, my wife is crying in the next room and its all my fault.
"Adrienne, Im going for a walk." I said loudly into the other room. I looked over at Joeys cot where he was sleeping.
"I love you my little boy." I whispered as he glared up at me with his handsome light green eyes.

"Alright hun." Adrienne said, her voice sounded weak, I knew she was still upset, I was a coward for leaving her, but I don't want to see the most beautifullest angel cry. I went out the door, and walked away from my family.