Sequel: Angel heart.
Status: Complete!

In love with an angel, engaged to a vampire

You can't separate us!

"So he can read minds run fast and will suck me dry the moment he gets the chance?"

Josiah laughed. "Well he can't read minds and he's kinda taught not to like human blood."

Jass gave him a confused look. Seeing this he explained, "Well at birth a vampire is given animal blood and human food instead of human blood and so forth."

"Ok...so what else about him should I know?"

"Well there isn't much to him. He's as stiff as concrete and sometimes just as cold, and not just on the outside."

Jassthought about this and shivered. She did not want to marry a heartless man who believed women are only good for the bed, children, and cooking. Pretty much a slave. The hell I am!

"I don't want to be a slave," she whispered before she could think.

"What?"

She looked up at Josiah. His face was filled with concern. She hated when he was worried about her. It made her feel like she was a burden.

"Oh it was nothing"

He nodded but wouldn't stop looking at her.

Then there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!"

Edwin came in and closed the door. He had no expression on his face, as usual.

"Who were you talking to?"

"Oh...I was on the phone with my best friend."

"Oh ok. What's her name?"

"His name is Josiah"

Edwin seemed to be taken back at the thought of her having a boy for a best friend.

"Whatever. Look there are some rules now that we're getting married."

She turned to him, her face both curious and confused, "what?"

"First you must stay in the house at all times unless I am there with you, understand?"

I'm not a dog."Yes"

"Good now next is you must wear whatever I tell you to wear. Can't bring too much attention to your self."

"Well geez what happened to the only rule 'just don't cheat?'"

"These rules are here to make sure you don't cheat"

"Okay" The rules aren't that demanding anyway so i'm fine.

"Oh yeah and there is one rule I just added"

Jasswas scared now. What if he wants me to...kiss him? Or worse what if... Her mind trailed off to many possibilities.

"You can't talk to Jori...Josai...well whatever your best friend's name is! You can't talk to him or even think about him anymore."

"NO!!"

"Excuse me?"

"I SAID NO!!! YOU CAN'T KEEP ME AWAY FROM HIM!!"

"I CAN DO WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT AND YOU WILL DO AS I SAY!!"

Jass' eyes started to weld up with tears. No. He can't separate us, I...I can't live without him.
She buried her face in her hands and started to cry.

"Tears don't affect me so you might as well suck it up and accept the fact that you two are to be separate from now on."

"no..."

"What?"

She looked up and glared at him."NO!"

He let out a frustrated sigh. "This again?"

"You can't make me!"

He grabbed her wrists and pulled her up so her face was inches from his. It was all Josiah could do not to chop his arms off.

"Listen I don't like you but you are mine."

"No! IM NOT APRIZE THAT YOU CAN CLAIM!!!"

"DON'T FLATTER YOURSELF!! I DON'T EVEN THINK OF YOU AS A WORTHY PRIZE!!"

The emotions started coming back and she mentally kicked herself for letting them.

Edwin set her down and started to walk out. He stopped at the door and turned and looked at Jass.

"Like I said, you are not to speak to him again. If you do...just know that he will get your punishment."

He walked out and slammed the door, making Jass flinch.

"Jass..."

She looked at Josiah. Her emotions once again came. But this time she let them out. He was the only one who cared for her emotions.

"Josiah, please."

He held her and they rocked back and forth.

"I won't leave you Jasmine"

"But I can't..."

"I'm not a human remember? We can speak to eachother and Edwin won't know. He doesn't have super hearing."

Jass looked up at him, "He doesn't?"

"No"

She smiled, happy she would not lose her best friend. He held her until she went to sleep.

Just sleep my little angel. I will be back before you wake. I promise.

He flew out of the house and into the sky, going straight up.

I have to ask the Father if...if i'm supposed to feel this way towards the person I am to protect.
He flew up and disappeared into a blindind light.