Dark Passion Play

Vampires Suck

Chapter 20
(Syn’s PoV)

I saw the other animal moving along in the brush. My senses fixed on it, I wanted it. I crept upon it, like a mighty predator. A roar ripped through my vocal cords and I lunged for it. I chased it around the forest, gaining speed on it. It was a raccoon or some shit like that. I didn’t care, I was fucking hungry. I locked my jaw around it’s’ neck as It scratched, and fought under me, but I just applied pressure until its neck snapped.

I dug into the tiny creature as the size would have to suffice. But something wasn’t right. I licked my bloody chops, and I realized I had left Zena alone. I heard a shrill scream, and my heart started to tear as I felt a horrible pain inside. I felt like I was dying again. I raced through the darkness back to her, picking up her scent. Her scent was starting to smell funny, like poison. God, please let her be okay. I ran a few feet right of the spot I left her in, to find her bleeding out on the ground from her neck. Shit! I quickly went through my transformation into my human state.

I ran over to her and dropped to my knees. I always had to be so fucking careless. I always fucking thought about myself when it came to her. I could still hear a faint heartbeat, and her chest rose and fell occasionally. But what I noticed was that on the opposite side of my bite was where she was bleeding. I picked her up in my arms and ran back to the house as quickly as possible.

I kicked the door open.

“MATT!” I screamed and they all came running. Zacky was carrying December, and he nearly dropped her when he saw his sister.

“What happened?!”

“I-I don’t know! S-she ju-just!” I started tripping over my words as the hurt and the tears choked me up. Jimmy took her from me and to the infirmary. I followed them in as he hooked her up to an IV drip, and he dabbed the bite wound with alcohol. She let out a deadly hiss, and her body began to convulse. She gripped the table roaring, as her nails grew into long sharp claws. Her teeth lengthened to full incisors, and her eyes shot open a crimson red in vertical slits. My heart was sent racing out of control as I watched my baby suffer some sort of brutal transformation.

She quieted down, and her nails and teeth calmed down as well. Her breathing became deep and even. I watched as her normally pale skin tanned, her black hair grew into long luscious locks. The little bit of extra baby fat that she had completely disappeared, and her curves deepened. Her lips turned a deeper red and I knew her eyes changed because they began to flutter. Everything that she had that I loved just became more accentuated.

She slept for what seemed like days. We kept going back in to check on her. The last time we did, she began to awaken.

“Zena?” I asked and she turned her head to look at me.

“Syn? What happened, how did I get here?” Her eyes looked just like Zacky’s. Electric green/blue.

“I don’t know, but I wasn’t there to protect you. I know you are hurt, I can feel it but it will be okay.” I said holding her hands.

“Where’s December?”

“She’s with Zacky. Everything will be okay baby.” I tried to assure her, but it was hard when I didn’t know what was going on myself. Rev came in and took the needle out of her arm.

(Zena PoV)

“Syn… Zena…” He spoke and he got our attention.

“I have some good news and some bad news.”

“Well what’s the good news?” He asked.

“You survived the transformation.” He said trying to give a little smile.

“What is the bad news?” I asked him.

“You survived the vampire transformation…I’m sorry but Zena, you’re dead.” A cry got stuck in my throat as tears spilled over. I buried my head in my hands as I cried. I cried because I was dead, I cried because of the emotional pain I was in.

“Brian?” I asked reaching out for him, but he moved away from me. He stared at me like I had just killed something dear to him. He stared at me like I was some kind of filthy animal, like I was his worst enemy.

“No…don’t you fucking touch me!” He yelled, and my heart started tearing slowly.

“Brian, it’s me Zena! Baby please!” I cried and he looked at me with wide eyes. I stood up on my feet, and I tried to walk over to him, but I was too weak. I needed something, I needed food, and I was too fucking hungry. I fell to my knees in front of him, as I stared up at him. He slowly stepped away from me, but I grabbed his wrist.

“Brian…please…” I whispered, catching a whiff of something sweet smelling. I sniffed his wrist and saw the pulsing vein filled with blood. I felt sharp teeth painfully cut past my gums as I could hear the blood rushing in his veins. Oh how the smell enticed me to take it. I let out a hiss, and he ripped away from me.

“You fucking animal! Stay the fuck away from me!” He roared, he looked more angry than id seen him in a long time. His eyes turned black and I could hear the growls emanating from his throat.

“Don’t do this…you can’t do this to me…please. What about December?” I pleaded.

“You stay the fuck away from my fucking daughter you bloodsucking leech.” He spat before he turned on his heel and stormed out. I was left crying with my head in my hands.
I felt arms wrap under my arms and hissed dangerously.

“Shh it’s me.” Jimmy said and I calmed down.

“We need to get you fed. It would be best to feed from Syn, since he is your soul mate. But he won’t let you, he hates Vampires. They killed what he had left of his family.” He told me and I felt even worse inside.

“I can’t let you die on us, so here.” He said holding his wrist out to me. I could hear his blood rushing about in his veins, and it smelled good but not as good as Brian’s did.
I bit into his wrist, and as soon as I tasted the blood I felt that insatiable hunger being filled. I slurped as blood rushed into my mouth. I felt like I should stop but I couldn’t. He tore his wrist away from me and I looked at him with a bloody stained mouth. I licked over my teeth and my lips as I felt full and energetic.

“Thank you Jimmy.”

“No problem, but that felt weird as hell.” He laughed and I smiled, still sucking and licking my teeth to get it off. I walked out of the infirmary and I saw the others. Syn didn’t look at me, and neither did Matt. I was crushed; I thought Matthew was my best friend. Zacky came over to me, and I wrapped my arms around him as I cried.

“Z-zacky! I don’t know what’s going on! I don’t want to be this way! I d-don’t want Syn and Matty to ha-ate me!” I cried, sobbing loudly into his shoulder. He rubbed my back soothingly.

“Shh…we’ll figure this out. I’ll help you no matter what because I love you.” He said and I hiccupped.

“I wish Brian meant it when he told me he loved me. I wish Matty meant it when we sang the Fun song.” I sniffed and Zacky laughed a little.

“I don’t want to be dead! I can’t even see my daughter!” I cried and he pulled away from me to look at me.

“What do you mean you can’t see December?” He asked me.

“Brian says I can’t…”I murmured.

“Why not?”

“Because I’m a bloodsucking leech. That’s why…” I growled and Zacky and I glared at him. If there was one thing that I hated the most right now, was that I couldn’t even see my own fucking daughter. I did most of the fucking work, how dare he! I glared at him, and weird shit started happening. Things started picking themselves up and hurtling towards Brian and Matt.

“How the fuck dare you Brian!” I screamed, coming towards him. He was dodging the flying objects and focusing on attacking me at the same time.

“I’m keeping you away from my little girl you bloody murderer.”

“Murderer?! You think I like this?! I can’t help it!”

“Exactly! You can’t help that you are such disgusting creatures!!”

“What about you, you tail chasing mutt?!” That seemed to do it. I didn’t fucking forget, he was so fucking dangerous. I just didn’t care.

“Don’t you dare talk to me this way!” he roared as his eyes turned a bright gold/black. His hair got longer and his teeth got larger. He looked like a fucking beast, and I honestly would have been scared shitless.

I bared my teeth, and my crimson eyes turned to vertical slits. My claws extended, and I felt my arms burn with energy. Electrical currents made little lines flash along my arms. I felt like a raging storm inside.

“Let’s fucking go you filthy dog.” I growled and we lunged for each other. I could hear the static cracking as I grabbed him by his shirt and threw him across the room. He flipped over in the air and skid on his feet. I held my palm out forcefully and a strike of lightning shot out from it at his feet, but he moved too quickly. His fist collided with my face at high forceful rates. I felt my skull crack as I fell to the ground. My vision faded to black for several seconds and I felt him standing in front of me.

I fired electricity from my hand and that sent him flying into the opposite wall. My vision regained, and I could feel myself healing. I ran over to him and connected my fist with his jaw. I heard the impact of my knuckles with his jaw, and the crackle of electricity. I charged the currents in my hands. I wanted to nuke him, how he thought he would take me away from my baby girl.

“Brian…I swear, if you try to keep me from my daughter. I’ll kill you.” I screamed, but he grabbed my arm, and twisting it behind me, breaking my shoulder blade, and kicking me onto my face.

“I should kill you just for breathing.” He spat and the whole curtain of anger around my mind faded.

“You said you wouldn’t hurt me Synnie. You promised me you wouldn’t.”

“I’m going to save myself from you.”

“Brian I’m still Zena! Why are you making this so difficult?!” I yelled standing up and popping my shoulder back into place.

“Because your kind killed my family! You killed my brother, my mother, and my father! I refuse to let any of you that cross me to make it out alive!” He screamed, wrapping his hand around my neck and holding me up.

“But I’ve never hurt you that way. You left me alone, and this happened. If anything Bri, you shouldn’t have left me. You made me this way!” I screamed back and his eyes widened. He dropped me to my feet.

“It’s too late to turn back now. Brian you killed my fiancée, you took my brother from me for eleven years, you raped me numerous times, you knocked me up, you hit me constantly, and you fucking cheated on me when I was pregnant! How is it that after all you’ve done to me, after all of the scars that you’ve given me, that I can easily say that I love you without a second thought! I didn’t care that you were a werewolf, I didn’t care that you even took me out of my world, you dragged me to hell in the city of evil and I can still say that I fucking love you! Why can’t you do it! Why can’t you still love me?!” I screamed and I saw his eyes melt.

“Am I not human enough for you?! Is that what you want? Well fucking deal with it Brian! I would never fucking hurt you! I may have shot you in the ass with lightning but that doesn’t count! You started it! You gotta believe me when I tell you this! Your killing me!” I screamed. His eyes visibly turned black and that volatile smirk slid onto his face. He picked up a jagged metal rod and looked at it, turning it in his hands.

“No, now I’m killing you.” He said coldly before he drove it into my chest, right next to my heart. Blood spilled from the wound as I hissed and screamed bloody murder. The stake didn’t pierce my heart, but instead grazed right next to it. With every heartbeat, I could feel my heart press against the cold metal.

Tears ran down my face as I cried and screamed. My chest heaved upwards violently, and I watched as he walked away from me. My body was frantically trying to heal itself, but the stake couldn’t allow for it. I couldn’t pull it out because it was driven into the wall behind me. Before I knew it, Zacky was at my side.

“I’m going to fucking murder him.” He growled, and I started choking on my own blood.
I pushed myself off of the wall, and went forwards. I was trying to get it out of me, I left a coat of blood over the metal as I kept pushing myself forwards. The last bit hurt the most, as I ripped it out of me, and fell to my knees. The hole was closing agonizingly slow, and I felt the insatiable hunger rip through me again. I was so weak.

“Zena…” Rev said but I shook my head.

“No…if he doesn’t want me to live then I won’t. I refuse to take anymore blood from any of you.” I said before I clutched my chest. I wanted to go upstairs to take a shower and get to bed, but I was too weak to. When I pictured myself in the shower, suddenly there I was. I sat in the tub as hot water poured down on me. I have to admit that was pretty fucking cool. I finished up, and wrapped myself in a towel.

If I didn’t go into Syn’s room, I couldn’t get clothes. I decided to take a deep breath and risk it anyways. A visible bloodstain appeared on my towel and I limped to his door. I grabbed the handle and turned it, peeking my head in, and when I opened it, he was standing in front of me at full height.

“Get. Out.” He spat.

“I just need clothes Syn.” I said shaking. My voice trembled as I spoke. He let out a loud sigh before he stepped aside and I made my way into his closet as quickly as I could. I slipped on my underwear, bra and boy shorts, but I realized I didn’t have a clean shirt yet. I looked down at the hole in my chest, as it just taunted me. I walked out of his closet to him.

“Hey…uh I don’t have a clean shirt.” I said timidly and he just stared.

“C-could I use one of yours?” I asked and he seemed to ponder it.

“Take it and leave.” He growled. I turned around quickly and grabbed one of his shirts. I knew it was one of his favorites. It smelled a lot like him because I remember he wore it recently. I relished in the scent as the shirt loosely hung over my body. I wanted him to hold me.

I quickly left his room, closing the door behind me, and I looked across the hall to where December’s room was.

Don’t even think about it. His growl erupted in my head and I flinched. I had become terrified of him. I didn’t want him to hurt me anymore than he already has.
I walked in the other direction and went upstairs to where Zacky’s room was.

“Hey.” I said opening his door. He was lying in bed, watching the giant TV that hung on the wall.

“What happened?”

“Syn kicked me out.” I said and he waved his hand over. I limped over to his bed and jumped in. I lay my head on his chest and closed my eyes.

---

I woke up to the sound of a baby’s crying and I shot up in bed. The sun was already up so I figured it was around 8 or 9. The wound on my chest was healing, but slowly. I needed blood, and for all I knew Syn would let me die. I got up out of Zacky’s bed and went downstairs as quickly as I could. I walked into the nursery and I saw my baby lying there.

“Hi Dee.” I cooed going over to her and picked her up. She stopped crying and she smiled at me, and I kissed her face. She needed to be changed, so I went to the changing station and put her in a fresh diaper.

“Now you are all clean baby!” I cooed and I cradled her in my arms. There was at least one person who still loved me. Another rip of hunger tore through me and I hissed in pain. I put December back in her crib and kissed her cheek.

“Mommy’s so tired, and Daddy is being an asshole.” I sighed, and laughed as my daughter started giggling cutely.

“I love you December Marie.” I said and she widened her eyes at me.

“Yeah I do! Really!” I said and she laughed again. I left her alone, and turned off the lights before I left the room. As I shut the door quietly I saw Syn. I quickly looked away from his eyes and I started off in the opposite direction. I went down stairs and I immediately felt the tension in the room increase. Brian wanted to kill me, Matt couldn’t trust me anymore, Johnny was too in shock to say anything, Zacky was guilty and he felt like it was all his fault and all Jimmy wanted to do was hug me. I could feel it radiating from them. Syn’s hate was the strongest. Even in my weak state, I could feel their emotions.

I walked past them with my head held down and I went into the kitchen. I saw a bottle of Sprite in the fridge. I popped off the cap and downed the whole thing. I felt satisfied yet empty. There was a hole where Brian should be, there was an insatiable hunger for blood. I wanted Brian’s.

Bite me, and I’ll rip you to pieces. He growled and my lips twitched.

“Stay the fuck out.” I growled from the kitchen.

“What?!” He yelled suddenly flashing into the kitchen.

“Stay out of my mind.” I hissed dangerously.

“You may be a disgusting creature, but you are still my subordinate.” He said getting in my face, so close our noses were about an inch away.

“I remember the times that when you would ever get this close to me, you were about to kiss me.” I said and his snarl faded. I went around him and out of the kitchen.

“Zena!” A voice called and I turned around. I saw Zacky calling me over. I smiled and walked over to him. He kissed me on the cheek. I saw Brian shudder and I whipped around.

“Go scratch yourself.” I rolled my eyes.

“Bite me.” He said hatefully. I smirked and flew at him, taking him to the ground. I bit him hard on his collarbone and he screamed and threw me off of him. I rolled and got back on my feet as blood trickled down his chest. My nose sniffed and twitched as my throat got dry. My eyes flashed different colors and my teeth sharpened and unsharpened. It was driving me insane, the very smell of it right in front of me and I couldn’t have it.

It wasn’t fair! It just wasn’t fucking fair at all! I needed him to fucking love me again, I needed him so much, but he wouldn’t accept! It’s really making me mad how much of a bitch he’s being! I tried to distract by going back to Zacky and asking what he wanted from me.

“What’s up?”

“I’m so sorry everyone is being such assholes. You should just talk to them though or try. I know that you are still my sister and you always will be, but they are obviously too stupid to.” He said and I shrugged.

“Yeah, I’ll try.” I said shrugging before the hunger struck once more. I was getting them so much more frequently now. I would die soon if this kept up.

“Zena, you need blood. It’s just like if we don’t hunt. You will slowly starve to death and waste away.”

“If he won’t willingly accept me then I’m not going to. I don’t care if I have to die.” I said and he looked at me helplessly. There really was nothing he could do. I reached up and kissed his cheek before I went in search of Matt. I found him on the couch in the other room and I sat next to him. He tensed and I felt pain in my heart, and it wasn’t because of the wound.

“Matt why don’t you trust me anymore?” I asked straight away, and he had a hard look of concentration.

“Because you are a Vampire. Your kind is known for lies and deceitfulness. I can’t trust you because I don’t know if it’s still you. You can’t control yourself yet, you haven’t been trained to. I’m just so used to you being human, I feel like I don’t know who you are.”

“But Matt I was made this way out of vengeance. You really can’t think that you can’t trust me. I’m still Zena. It would kill me if you stopped trusting me; I’m not a stranger to you.” I said and he nodded.

“I know… It’s because of the horrible history I’ve had with…them, it makes me uneasy.” He said again and I nodded.

“I guess I could understand that, but don’t really leave me okay? I need you guys so much right now but I feel like I’m all alone in this. Especially without Syn.” I said and he looked at me with his pretty hazels.

“I won’t. I promise.” He said and I smiled.

“Can I hug you?” I asked and he nodded and opened his arms to me. I jumped into his arms giggling and he warmly returned the embrace.

“Love you Matt.” I mumbled into his broad shoulder.

“Love you too Zena.” He replied and I giggled happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
I made Brian such an asshole. =D

Im pretty sure this was obvious, but nonetheless it was cool.

Comments make me giggle so do it. :D

*mV*