Dark Passion Play

Animal Instinct

Chapter 22

“Zena I told you not to fucking provoke me like this! How do you think we always end up in these situations?! Are you fucking stupid!?” He yelled his golden eyes on fire. Well I was getting rather sick of his attitude…

“Well fuck me! I’m so sorry that I don’t drag my fucking ass around on the carpet all day!” I yelled back and by the look on his face, I knew he wanted to laugh deep inside. I could feel it surfacing over his anger.

“That’s not funny.” He said trying to hold it in. I gave him a cheeky smile.

“Oh Synnie you know it was funny.”

“No it wasn’t. It was dangerous for you to do.” He said as I laughed and trailed tender kisses along his neck and his jaw. I made my way to the corner s of his lips and back.

“Mhm…sure.” I laughed against his soft skin.

“Zena you know I could kill you if I wanted to, or if you made me. You are technically my natural enemy…I don’t want to lose control around you…” He murmured closing his eyes to my touch. I could feel his anger fading and it was being replaced by a bit of sorrow and lust.

“I don’t want to hurt you…badly.” He said and I nipped his neck with my teeth.

“Sometimes you deserve a good spanking babe.” He smirked and I nipped at his neck again, nearly drawing blood. Honestly the only person I was teasing was myself. I just wanted to rip into his skin again, but it would take too much effort and I wasn’t even hungry.

“Syn…you act like you are so dangerous…just shut up and stop freaking out for shit like this…When I feel like you are endangering me, then I’ll let you know… okay buddy?” I said holding his waist.

“I’m not freaking out…I’m just protecting you.” He said and I stopped nuzzling against him.

“You aren’t that scary…” I said sheepishly even though I knew full well that he could be. I don’t know what it was; I just loved fucking with him so much. It brought me great joy.

“I’m just playing…you are ferocious.” I laughed and I jumped into his arms and waited for him to wrap his arms back around me.

“I love you Brian…and I’m sorry for pissing you off again. But just for the record, expect it in the very near future.” I laughed and he smiled at me. I liked it when he smiled at me.

“Expect an ass kicking in the near future.”

“You aren’t supposed to hit girls.” I chastised.

“You aren’t a girl, you are my bitch.”

“I think its opposite day if you think I’m your bitch. Oh ha it’s funny because you really are a bitch.” I laughed and a growl rumbled through his chest that I smacked.

“Brian I’m just saying, if you walked up behind me and did that id jump your bones.” I said and we both laughed.

“So are we good? Do you still want to rip into my neck skin?” I asked and he seemed to ponder it.

“No…we are good. I want to see December though, so let’s go.” Syn was also taking a lot of interest in December. He was such a good father to her, and she definitely has grown up a little in this time. Right now she was 9 months old. He carried me all the way to her room and he put me down at the door.

When we walked in, she started cooing and babbling excitedly at our entrance. My motherly instincts kicked in and I all but ran idiotically towards my daughter making unintelligent noises.

“Hi baby girl! How are you today?!” I cooed tickling her and kissing her cheeks. She laughed and giggled. I could see some of her teeth, she had her k-9 and some of her teeth grown in already, but they weren’t sharp they just looked normal.

“Alright princess, move over. I helped create this.”

“Ahh but she didn’t come out of your mangina did she?”

“Oh fuck no.”

“Okay then…maybe next time Synnie.” I laughed as he took her from my arms. He sat her in his lap and she looked up at him admiringly, with her eyes shining brightly. I was right, they almost mirrored his exactly but you could still see green flecks in them.

She was so energetic, like a puppy, and she started to recognize everyone in the house. Like whenever Jimmy was around she would always cry out for him. It was cute because I knew the two would end up becoming best friends. And whenever me and Syn would argue, she refused to let him hold her because she hated it when we fought.

She also called me ‘maa’. I think she meant to say Mom but she’s close enough. She calls Syn ‘nyn’, She can actually say ‘rev’, Matt is ‘at’ to her, Zacky is ‘z’ but it sounds more like ‘D’, and Johnny is just ‘J’. It’s weird but she’s learning really fast for her age. I think it’s the lycan side. Syn says that right now she is already learning her human senses and emotions, and soon, she will start to express her lycan genes. Also when her genes start to express, she will be speaking broken Latin. The language was already encrypted into her genes, like the ancient language was always passed down to each lycan. It was just a matter of remembering it or letting it fade away. When that time comes, it’s all on him.

“You two are the cutest thing.” I cooed and he looked up at me and smiled. It was amazing to see him so gentle and happy around our daughter.

“Come on; let’s take her downstairs to see the guys.” He said standing up and holding her on his arm, as he grabbed my hand.

“Hey guys!” I cheered and Matt came over and hugged me.

“How’s my favorite big guy?” I asked and he shrugged.

“Good…I see Syn has been beaten and whipped around your finger.” Matt laughed and I smacked his shoulder.

“It took a while, but now he knows he’s my bitch.” I laughed and I took it Brian heard me. He looked over here with his eyebrows raised and I blew him a kiss.

“Oh… Z, I don’t think Syn told you, but tonight is the next full moon. You know how we usually go hunting, so I just thought I’d let you know.” Matt said and I nodded. With that though…I couldn’t help but feel like something bad was going to happen.

“Baby hold Dee?” Brian said walking over to me and I took her from his arms. He had a look of pain and discomfort on his face.

“Bri…what’s wrong?” I asked confused and he crouched down, fur covered his body and before I knew it, he was staring up at me with his big gold eyes.

I needed to change. I’m supposed to before a full moon and it was killing me not to.

“Oh okay, you scared me for a second. I thought something happened to you.”

No baby I’m fine. He said letting his tongue hang out of his mouth…so cute.

“Okay Synnie pie you have fun.” I cooed and Syn didn’t like that. He turned on his tail and nipped my ass. I jumped with December in my arms.

“Fuck you!” I yelled and December laughed loudly.

“Yeah…your daddy is an asshole.” I said glaring playfully back at Syn.

“You can’t just tell a baby that her dad is an asshole!” Zacky exclaimed.

“Yes I can! Vengeance don’t tell me how to raise my kid! I do what I want, when I want to!” I yelled immaturely and he laughed. He went to take her from me and I held her away.

“Can I help you?”

“Can I hold my niece? Please?!” He pleaded and pouted. I handed her over and she giggled yelling ‘Z’ the whole time. I had no choice…I was trapped.

“Fine fine…stupid bitch.” I glared at him and I turned around to the sound of something crashing. The Rev came bounding in here followed by Brian, and Jimmy curled up behind me.

Zena, make him stop chasing me! I swear I didn’t break it, he did Jimmy shrieked in my head.

I looked over to syn who was sitting on his back legs and he was looking up at me, with the cutest expression I’d ever seen in my life. This was the epitome of the puppy dog pout. His eyes were big and shiny, and he was whining softly…Oh jeez.

Don’t let the cuteness distract you! It’s all a LIE!”

Oh come on…baby I didn’t do it, I would never Syn cooed softly.

Is he calling you baby? Is he tempting you with sex?! Don’t do it Zena, I CAN CALL YOU BABY! Jimmy yelled and I lost it. I was laughing so hysterically and Brian started tapping my thigh cutely with his paw. Ooh, he’s good…

“Well I know that Syn puts up the cute act way to well, and when is he ever this nice? Of course I believe you Jimbo.” I said and He barked in triumph. Syn yawned before he stared at me one more time…Then he put his head down and sulked away with his tail in between his legs. I couldn’t do it…it was too cute. I ran after him and the guys sighed.

“Of course!” Johnny yelled expectantly and Matt shook his head.

“I can’t help it! Leave me alone you assholes!” I yelled back playfully.

“Synnie wait!” I called and he turned around, his eyes were all shiny. I knew he was just acting, but damn was it cute.

“Mama loves you! Yes she does, cause you’re so cute!” I said as if I were talking to D. Syn didn’t like it whenever I did it but that was the whole point. I started ruffling his fur and kissing his nose. He ended up licking my face enthusiastically while I just giggled. He moved forwards so that he was pushing me back and I was on my back laughing and squirming as he tickled me.

“You two disgust me.” Rev said walking in the room shirtless and fixing his glasses.

“Jimmy, babe I’m sorry. But I had to take advantage of the cuteness.” I said and he just gave me a dead look.

“I’m not going to say anything” He said turning his nose up.

“Jimmy you will talk to me or else.” I said laughing.

“Oh yeah, what are you going to do?!”

“I’ll sell you to Johnny.” I said and he looked over to Johnny. The little shit head had a sneaky grin on his face.

“No…NO! ANYTHING BUT THAT!” He cried in horror.

“Yeah and all you have to do is talk to me.”

“I’ll be your fucking slave if that’s what it takes.” He said looking at Johnny with wide eyes. Johnny just grinned.

“Good, now that’s what I like to hear.” I chuckled.

---
The full moon approached us rather quickly. Before we all knew it, the glowing orb already hung quietly in the sky casting its luminous glow. I knew the boys would be affected by its presence and I already started to see it. I brought a gurgling December up to her room and put her in the crib. I kissed her forehead goodnight and I returned back downstairs just as the guys were getting ready to leave.

“So do I go with you? Or do I just expect you guys to be home in the morning.”

“Definitely the morning. It can get pretty dangerous for you.” Zacky said and I nodded smiling.

“I’ll stay with Dee then. You guys have fun.” I chuckled and they smiled. Brian came back towards me and kissed me on the lips.

“I love you baby, goodnight.” He said and I kissed back.

“I love you too, be safe.” I smiled and he nodded. In a flash he was by the door and the guys headed out. I could hear their rowdy growls and howls as they changed and ran off into the night.

(Brian’s PoV)

There’s nothing better than going out on a hunt during a powerful full moon. We had split up at this point; I was stalking around the deep forest grounds. Something strong caught my scent, and I inhaled at it sharply. I whipped my head in the direction of the smell.

Vampire.

A growl tore up my chest as I turned and followed my instinct. It was burning inside of me, and it wanted to release the murderous animal within. I was happy with the anticipation of its return. My vision sharpened as I tried to distinguish the night and the creature’s silhouette. I could almost smell its thirst for blood. I took one careful step and it whipped around and hissed. He had noticed me; it was only a matter of time now.

“Who is there?” He spat and I didn’t answer, not like I could anyways.

“Oh it’s just one of you disgusting mutts. Shoo dog, go away.” His insolent and taunting behavior angered me. I let out a deep growl as I approached him. Ohh the beast was roaring to life… Something in me snapped and it was like I was overridden by instinct and it took complete control. I lunged at the vampire who let out an evil shriek. I didn’t give it a chance as it tried to fight me off. It was no use, my jaws snapped closer and closer until I ripped into his shoulder and tasted beautiful flesh. It was then that I really couldn’t be stopped; I couldn’t even if I wanted to.

Its blood dripped from my mouth and flooded my mouth as it screamed and clawed at me. I needed it to die; I needed to fill my hunger. It stopped wriggling and wreathing, and thank god it stopped screaming. I just kept going at the lifeless corpse until the beast was satisfied. By then, the vampire was merely just bones with flesh and guts clinging to it. It was gross, but I’ve had my fill. I licked my chops and I went to go find the others. As I continued, I realized that this night didn’t feel the same, and I wasn’t quite sure that my instinct was finished…

(Zena)

I lay sleeping in Syn and I’s bed. I was up almost all of the night trying to fall asleep. Something just wouldn’t let me rest, it wouldn’t let me disconnect. I turned and looked at the clock, it was 3:47 in the morning and I still couldn’t sleep. Suddenly I heard movement downstairs and a door opening, and people crashing in. My memories flooded back to the moment when I was first kidnapped.

I jumped out of bed and hurried down to see what was going on, mentally and physically preparing myself for any possible danger. I sighed, and my heart calmed when I saw the boys at the door. They looked satisfied and sleepy, I’d bet they were exhausted.

“Hey guys.” I said sweetly, not wanting to be too loud. At the sound of my voice, Syn whipped around and looked at me. I smiled at him but he wasn’t smiling back. His eyes changed and it looked like something changed in him. His lips were going up into a snarl, and I could hear his growl. His nose sniffed sharply at the air and his body became rigid.

“Brian…sweetie what’s wrong?” I asked finally climbing down the rest of the stairs. Fear was settling itself in me and I felt wary. He was just burning his gaze into me, and I was shaken to the bone with fear now. If I blinked I would have missed it, but in that second Brian lunged for me with a deadly growl. I flashed away from him and he just looked furious.

“Come here! You aren’t getting away from me tonight!” He roared and I just ran, anywhere I could, far away from him. He knocked over tables and chairs in his way, pictures fell from the wall and I could hear other commotion but I didn’t care. All I cared about was my safety.

I could hear his heavy breathing, and the growls brewing in his chest. He was getting closer. He lashed out to grab me, but his claws ripped my shirt and left deep wells in my back that overflew with sticky warm blood. I let out a scream as I ran even faster, merely flashing away from him.

“Brian what the fuck is your problem?!” I screamed behind me, and he laughed evilly.

I opened a door and ran inside of it. It was just an extra room; there weren’t a lot of things in it, just mainly for storage.

I ducked down and hid behind an old bookshelf and brought my knees to my chest. Tears rolled down my face as my body shook with sobs. What caused him to react like this? What happened to my sweet Brian? I heard quiet footsteps and I prayed he wouldn’t find me in here. The door creaked open, and light flooded the room from the hall.

His footsteps slowly ventured around the room and he was heading in my direction. I was shaking by now, sweat formed beads on my forehead and rolled down my face. He sniffed at the air.

“I can smell you baby… you can’t hide forever…vampire.” He hissed the last word. A dark growl ripped through the air, and the bookcase that I took refuge in was suddenly thrown from in front of me and I let out a scream. A volatile grin graced his face as he closed in on me. I crab walked backwards and scrambled into a wall behind me, and he just kept advancing with demonic slits in his silver eyes.

“Brian…please snap out of this…it’s me.” I tried pleading with him. I had to try to get to him deep down; I knew he was still there.

“You aren’t fooling me this time. I will taste your blood tonight.” He laughed in a deep demonic voice that matched his eyes. His hand gripped my neck tightly and he held me up high above the ground, as my body struggled for oxygen.

“Brian please, I know you wouldn’t do this to me.” He grits his teeth as they lengthened to sizeable K-9’s. Much bigger than my incisors. He wasn’t responding, I didn’t want to do this… I leaned down and cut the skin of his arm with my teeth. Blood rushed out and what I got on my mouth I licked up. He instantly dropped me and I wiped the remaining blood off of my lip.

“You want a fight Vamp? You’ve got it.” He growled as he changed. His hair lengthened and his muscles bulged. Nails turned to claws and his eyes were electrifying silver. The tip of his nose turned black and he looked like a ferocious monster. I had no special transformations so I just had to charge my energy. Electricity crackled and formed a field around me, I could feel it. He came at me so fast I almost missed it. I grabbed his fist in mid swing, and I slammed mine into his face instead. Blood poured from his nose and he roared in anger and pain.

I didn’t want to do this to him, but it was the only way I would survive.
I was able to dodge some of his punches but they suddenly started coming at me too fast. I took blow after blow, as he grabbed me by my shirt and threw me clear across the room. I skid on the floor and I tried to recover. My eye was bruising and my nose was broken and bleeding. I felt the bone and cartilage twisting to reconstruct itself, I was healing quickly.

I punched him hard in the gut and he flew back and bent over. I took this opportunity to quickly roundhouse him, which sent him to the ground. He charged after me but I jumped, and it was like I hung from the ceiling like a spider. I smiled at my ability. He looked disorientated as to where I went but I jumped down behind him and sent charges of electricity racing through his body. He started to scream until his voice went raw.

His hair shortened and all of his other features calmed down. He closed his eyes and fell to his knees, before he fell to the cold ground. My eyes widened in horror…

“Brian!” I yelled as I raced over to him and helped prop him up against me. His face was just still as his eyes were closed and his mouth parted. I held my ear to his chest and I heard his heart beat, it was racing and it was irregular. I sent a gentle shock through him one more time, and that seemed to steady his heart rate, and kick start him again. I sighed in relief.

His eyes fluttered open and they were back to a shimmering gold, they drooped before me and he looked heartbroken.

“I’m so sorry.” He murmured, as he took me into his arms. Tears went down his face and I felt them as they dropped onto my skin. Tears fell from my eyes as I remained silent. I didn’t know what to do; I don’t even know why he attacked me. He has so much more self control than that.

“Brian…why did you do it?” I asked quietly.

“I couldn’t control it… I ran into another vampire during the hunt, and I killed it, but when I came home my instinct wasn’t finished yet. When I saw you and when I smelled you…I knew you were a vampire and all I knew was that I had to kill you…” He said and I kept crying. His hand touched my back and I yelled. He immediately let go and his hand was covered in blood.

“Zena I’m sorry.” He said and I just nodded. I could feel my skin stretching as my scratch wounds closed up and blood stopped trickling from it. Syn just held me as I sat there crying in his arms, and waiting for the pain to subside.

“Syn…take me upstairs please?” I asked and he nodded. He stood up with me in his arms and walked out of the room, holding me close to him as he whispered sweet nothings to me.

“What happened?” Matt asked looking horrified.

“I’ll explain in the morning.” He responded and went up the stairs. He brought me into my room and into the bathroom. He sat me on the counter, and I just looked at him with big wet eyes. He went over to the tub and filled it with warm water and bubbles, and I just followed his motions.

“Can you get in?” He asked and I just closed my eyes and imagined myself submerged in the warm water, the heat surrounding my skin. Before I knew it I disappeared. My clothes dropped to the floor as they had nothing to cling onto and I appeared in the tub. I looked at Syn and his lips curved in a tiny smirk. My face didn’t change as I just stared at him blankly. I couldn’t talk to him; I was still frozen in fear.

“Baby I really am sorry.” He said leaning down and kissing my forehead. He got up and left the bathroom. I just let my thoughts plague me as the warm water soothed my body.
♠ ♠ ♠
hehe brian just couldnt keep it up could he?. This one was nice and long and I like writing fight scenes so this was fun. I just wanted more drama so here it is =D Besides there wont be much calm points after this one anyways....;)

If your into the whole horror story kind of thing, you should check out "Release the Dark Within", its gonna be crazy lol.
Tell me what you think!

*mV*