Whoever She Is

Thirteen

Isabelle

I paced back and forth in my empty living room. I was freaking out about how Riley's date was going. She was like my sister! And Pat reminded me of a quiet, and awkward, lion that was waiting to pounce on his prey: Riley. I slapped my forehead, knowing my thoughts were idiotic.

Garrett wasn't coming until 30 minutes from now, so I had time to spare. I considered spying on them, but I had no idea where they were.

Sighing, I did the only thing I could do. I rummaged through my little brother's movie stash. He was only 15 and he had more than 20 R rated movies. I grabbed a random movie in the horror section and plopped it into the DVD player before I could take a peek.

I took a seat on the couch, watching as the credits rolled.

If you must know, me and scary movies just don't mix. My brother just usually laughs at me when I just scream at the person on the screen for being an idiot by walking down the dark alley or something.

I have no idea how long I've been watching the movie, but 6 of them were either missing or dead for sure. I watched as the 7th person walked through the empty and blood covered halls of the school on the movie. She limped closer to the janitor closet for safety, and was only a foot away.

"Don't open the closet.. please no please.." I murmured to myself. I covered my eyes with my hands, letting myself peek through little holes and cracks. I never knew it took this long for an injured person to open a door.

Knock knock..

I jumped ten feet in the air. It was faint but I could of swore I heard it. I ignored it and continued to watch.

The girl's hand locked onto the knob of the door as eerie music filled the room. She clicked it open, then I could hear the door open. It was so realistic. As if my own front door was opening.

"Belle?" I screamed louder than ever, jumped over the couch, and crouched behind it, hoping the murderer would just pity me and walk away. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

I felt an hand on my shoulder and I jumped high then I never thought I could, landing into a pair of arms.

"AHHHH!" I struggled out of his arms, "PLEASE DON'T KILL ME! PLEASE!"

"Belle, it's my, Garrett" I heard a sweet laugh as I crouched down, refusing to look up.

I heard him sigh and someone scream, making me scream as well. I got up carefully, realizing it was the girl who just got pulled into the janitor's closet who screamed. Did it really take that long just open the door? I looked up and saw Garrett grinning down at me, making me blush.

"What?"

"Are you really scared of that?" He pointed to the T.V, "It's not that much of a scare compared to any other horror. I'd have to say that is the cheesiest one," He said with a cheeky smile on his face.

"I'm not one for horror."

"I noticed."

"Umm.. you wanna stop the movie and take it out and put it back?" I asked quickly, in one breath.

"Why can't you?"

"Cause then I could see the screen, and scream, and possibly die from fear." I said like it was the most normal thing.

He chuckled and did as I asked. I sighed and sat on the couch. "So, what do you want to do?" I asked.

"Watch another movie?" He said..

"Anything but horror." I demanded.

He nodded with a laugh and slipped in the movie, She's the Man.

We laughed and talked, and eventually, I fell asleep, not realizing my head fell onto Garrett's shoulder.