Whoever She Is

Fourteen

Riley

"Are you sure about this?" I asked Pat nervously, biting my lip. He nodded, messing with the tub of popcorn on his lap.

"Yeah, John and Jared saw it the other day," he told me. "Said you could tell it's completely fake and not that scary in the first place. You'll be fine," he added. "I promise." He gave me a small smile, looking at me for a brief moment before looking away. I shook my head.

"If I have nightmares, I'm blaming you," I informed. Pat chuckled, looking up at the screen.

"I promise you, you'll be fine," he sighed. "Don't worry about it, Riley."

"I didn't want to see this anyway," I grumbled under my breath, sure he wasn't listening to me. I had just gone along with what he wanted to do. Wasn't it the girl who was supposed to pick the movie?

The lights went down and I shifted in my seat. After seemingly an hour of previews, the movie finally started. Pat seemed pretty happy about it but I honestly couldn't wait for it to be over. I tried to be a good sport about the whole thing and just watch the movie. Don't get me wrong, I do love some scary movies but this one looks horrifying and I didn't want to see it.

All of a sudden, someone bloody popped up on the screen and I screamed, along with a dozen or so other girls in the theater, and hid behind Pat's shoulder. Awkwardly, Pat moved his arm, putting it around my shoulders and giving me an awkward pat or two. Oh, I really just wanted this to be over.
____

Two and a half hours later, I came out of the theater shaking. I glared at Pat, rolling my eyes when he gave me an innocent look.

"I'm sorry!" he exclaimed. "John and Jared..." he trailed off.

"Well, I didn't want to see this movie at all! To hell with John and Jared!" I snapped.

"If you didn't want to see it, why didn't you say anything?" he asked timidly. I rolled my eyes.

"I did!" I exclaimed. "What part of 'oh, that looks super scary?' and 'oh, but this one looks so cute!' did you not get? What part of 'Oh, I'm going to have nightmares about this!' and 'Are you sure about this?' did you not get? Pat, I couldn't have been anymore obvious that I didn't want to see this movie." I crossed my arms, huffing.

"Riley-" he started.

"Hey! Is that Pat Kirch?" a voice whisper-shouted from behind me. I rolled my eyes as two girls, blonde and bimbo-ish, came up to him.

"Pat!" one exclaimed. "Your band is awes'! You totes got to take a pic with us! Is John here by any chance?" I rolled my eyes.

"Bye Pat," I sighed, heading out of the movie theater. Thank god for groupies. I pulled out my phone, calling Belle. I kind of needed a ride home now.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, school is evil. D:
So sorry it took so long, you guys!