Whoever She Is

Two

Riley

"Names?" the guy asked, glancing down at the clip board.

"Riley Kingsley and Isabelle Soriano," I informed, running my hand through my blonde bangs, making sure it was left as one big mass. I wasn't obsessed with my hair or anything, but I liked to look good. Plus, the band had been kind of awesome and I just...wanted to look pretty for them. I wasn't aiming to hook up with them or anything, but it never hurt to impress someone.

"There you are," he said, checking us off the list, "Go right ahead on in." I smiled at him, grabbing Belle's arm and dragging her backstage and down the hall. She jerked her arm out of my grip, making a noise.

"I can walk myself, I don't need your help," she pointed out, rubbing her arm. I giggled a little, rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry," I apologized. "I'm just trying get there," I explained. "I still can't figure out which of the guys went to school with us," I added. "So, I just want to get there and maybe I'll be able to figure it out." Belle laughed.

"Well, the bassist looked familiar to me, but I don't see who else," she told me. "Maybe it was the drummer but I couldn't get a good look at his face."

"Yeah, I didn't either," I sighed. We stopped at the door at the end of the hall, knocking on the door. I bit my lip, looking over at Belle, who smiled back at me and we both looked back at the door just as it opened.

"Riley?" I raised my eyebrows at the sound of my name. I stared at where the voice came from, tilting my head. He looked familiar but for the life of me, I couldn't remember his name.

He had long brown hair and he wasn't much taller than me. He looked...vaguely familiar to me but I just...I couldn't find a name in my brain.

"Pat? Who is it?" a voice asked and another guy emerged. This one I recognized because his locker had been two down from Belle all four years.

"Riley," he said again, looking at the other guy. "We went to high school together." I blushed a little, feeling super bad for not remembering who this guy was but he knew me.

"Weren't you in my...class one year?" I guessed, tilting my head at him. He nodded.

"I sat behind you in biology, algebra, all four years of history and trig," he explained. "I'm Pat?" he paused. "Pat Kirch?" It clicked in my head, then. He had been that awkward seeming kid that sat behind me all the time because it was always in alphabetical order.

"Oh!" I exclaimed. "Okay, I'm sorry. I've always been bad with names," I added. He shrugged.

"No big..." he said, stepping aside. "Come in," he added, motioning us in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! Bad chapter endings ftw!