The Affair

Chapter 22

Billie's P.O.V

All I could hear was failure, not of Joey but of me. I raised this kid and what, only five years without him and I already failed as a father? what if Jakob doe's the same thing. If I was there this would have never happened.
I thought to himself 'If I was there' ....I havent been there.. I hadn't been with Joey..My son.
I felt so low I couldn't even answer.
"We'll talk about this later." I said trying to smile.

---Adrienne's P.O.V---

I do not mind if this goes on
Cause now it seems I’m too far gone
I must admit I enjoy myself
80 please keep taking me away.

I sang down the streets the song what brought tears to my eyes,
I knew Joey was safe, I knew they were happy together...as a family.
Now he has Jennifer instead of me... I have to accept that.
I walked down Boulevard lane looking at all the houses and how that huge bush fire was 25 years ago that attacked every single one of them. Tears streamed down my eyes
I stopped outside a grave yard holding on to the rails I felt like they were my only strength to stand.
'Im lucky simply to live' I whispered looking at the graves of the unfortunant souls

----No one's P.O.V---

She opened the black piget fence to the grave yard, and sat down next to a small grave stone.
Mr. Nesser and Miss. Nesser it read, as it lay surrounded by roses
Adrienne fell down to her parents grave on her hands and knees.
"Why have you done this to me God?" she screamed with tears with tears over flowing her,
"Three deaths you have given me.. why didn't you take me! why did it have to be him..
I want my son's back I need them!" she whipped away some tears but they still over flowed running down her clear skin dripping on her parents grave. "Give them back---"
"Hey," A tall stranger said in the dark.
Adrienne quickly whiped her eyes "Oh..Uh..Sorry."
"No no, don't be" he replied patting her back as she tryed to make those tears go away
but she just couldnt.
"Joeys fine," the stranger said.
"Yes. fine with his new family!" her voice raised then she bit her lip looking up at him
"Come to my house you can stay there, I won't tell anyone." he said kneeling down at her level as he kissed her forehead.
She nodded whipping her face "Please do" she said as she grabbed hold of him tightly and then walked slightly to the car.

Billie's P.O.V

---Later that night---

Joey entered the kitchen with a cigarette in one hand and a remote control in the other,
I really didnt like the idea of Joey smoking, although I did doesnt mean that he should besides I quit and it's made me feel a lot better. I smirked at him and continued chopping the vege's for dinner.
"Dad there's nothing on tv.." Joey moaned.
I opened my eyes widely "He's finally realized that there's a life beyond that Idiot box!" I chuckled.

"I mean, what videos do you have?" he said pulling his ciggerate out of his mouth and breathing out the smoke on my face.

I sighed, "I don't know, I havent watched a single one of them. You watched these then you were little, come on you must remember surely, Any ways its dinner time, sit down a the table and take that ciggerate out."

"Fine.." he said dromaticaly like it was part of him.
he sat at the table taking out his lip and tounge rings, it was just amazing to watch.

"Are you quite done yet?" I said staring at him.

"Just a couple more tounge rings to go, shesh Dad carm down."

"Carm down? You could make a fucking robot just using your tounge!" I said placing the plate infront of him.

"Whatever Dad.." He said as he picked up his knife and fork about it eat.

"What about grace?" I said stopping him from going cannibal on the dinner.

"Jesus Dad ok then." he said dropping his knife and fork, overacting.

I had never said grace before, normally Jennifer said it, and before that it was Adrienne,
and when I was alone I wasn't eating. A silence fell among us I had no idea how to do it.
Joey shut his eyes waiting for we to start.

"Ok well uhh.. here we go..Dear Mr.God..thanks.. bye now." I said.

"Wow Dad mabe you should become a preist" Joey said sarcasitly.

I sighed, "Ah Joey theres something I have to tell you, your living under my house and with that theres rules.."

Joey was drinking his juice and spat it on me then whiped his hand with his wrist.
"What the hell are you on about Dad?"

"Well uhh.. " I shutterd "Yes Dad? spit it out come on im not fucking mind reader" Joey said impatiently.

I put my hand firmly on the table "Your..well..your going to St.Jimmys Catholic.." Joeys eyes grew wider.
"A school? im going to a school? IM GOING TO A CATHOLIC SCHOOL?!"

"Your going Joey and thats the end of it." I said firmly.

"FUCK THAT!" he shouted and tipped his plate off to the floor and stomped upstairs to his room.

"Joey you come down here im not finished with you."
Joey turned up his sterio on full volume.

I walked upstairs and unplugged the stereo .
"Joey your going to this school wether you like it or not, you live under my roof now and you will obey me, now take that cigarete out of your mouth." I spat

"Alright alright, Gosh Dad carm down ill go" I sighed with relief I was kind of proud of myself for the first time, I talked to my son so firmly and he got the point.

"But I just want one more blow out of my ciggarete."
he said cheekerly

"Alright" I chuckled "I better get something good in your will then" I sat on his bed and scruffled his hair.