Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Thirty-Three: "Are We Back To Normal?"

Chapter Thirty-Three: “Are We Back To Normal?”

A couple more months passed by normally. Summer is approaching, and the pool’s finally open, with no more heater. I woke up one morning, in Mikey’s arms, like always.

“What? Huh?” he said, moving.

I turned. “Mikey? Sorry about that,” I laughed.

“It’s fine.”

“I thought you were passed out in the pool.”

“I wasn’t passed out. I was awake.”

“Ah. Well, I’m getting up, are you?”

“Yeah, I guess.”

“You can sleep if you want.”

“I’ll be down in a bit.”

I gave him a kiss and got out of bed. I went downstairs to find that only Frank was up. He was drinking a cup of coffee. I went to grab a cup of my own.

“Morning,” he said.

“Morning.”

“Listen, about that one night, when I hit you. I’m really sorry.”

“Frank, it’s fine. Today’s another day, let’s live it normal.” I lost count of how many spoonfuls of sugar I was putting in.

“Are we back to normal then?”

“Yes. Let’s be a normal brother and sister.” I took a drink of my coffee, and smacked my lips. “Whoa.”

“Hm?”

“You made me lose count, and I put too much sugar in.”

He rolled his eyes at me. I clicked my tongue and rolled my eyes back.

“What’s for breakfast?” he asked.

“Who do I look like, your personal chef?”

“Yes.”

“Shut up.” I smacked him playfully and went back upstairs.

I found Mikey still laying in bed, so I jumped on him.

“What?”

“I love you, Mikey,” I said.

“Uh-oh, what happened?”

“What? I can’t say that I love you?” I fake pouted.

“Is Frank alright?”

“Yeah, he made a pot of coffee.”

“Coffee!?” He sat up quickly. “Sweet.” He ran out of the room,
and I ran after.

“Boy loves his coffee,” I said to myself.

I could hear Mikey singing on his way down. “Coffee, coffee, coffee. Coffee, coffee, coffee. Yeah.”

“You’re a dork!” I shouted to him.

“Thanks!” he shouted back.

I got to the kitchen and I fixed myself a bowl of cereal. The others gradually joined us, except for Megan and Ray. They were asleep on a raft, that was still in the middle of the pool. We were talking over breakfast, about random stuff. I was starting to think that everything was going back to normal. Mikey and I decided to go to the mall, so we got ready.

“Well, something you told Frank that one night got through to him,” Mikey said.

“Yeah. I told him that we need to focus on the future. We need to act like normal brother and sister. He has Emily who loves him very much, and I have you, and we love each other very much. He seemed to understand.”

“Well, we can only hope for the best. Come on, Hot Topic has our names on it.” He took off running.

I followed him and we raided Hot Topic. Then we went to Spencer’s and raided that…for personal reasons.

“Oohh, Mikey, these look like fun,” I said, grinning, and showing him this little kit.

“Lisa, what’s on your mind?” he asked, grinning back at me.

“I know it involves handcuffs, and lots of role-playing,” I said. “You know…” I started whispering in his ear.

“Ooohh. Where’s this coming from?”

“You don’t wanna know. Remember when I got corrupted from hearing Frank and Emily?”

“Oh. You know, the basement’s comfortable, and they won’t hear as much.”

“Hehe. Mikey, you’re so bad,” I grinned again. “I’m getting this.”

“We gotta sneak this in the house now. If they find it, they’ll ask questions non-stop.”

After shopping for a couple hours, we headed home. To our surprise, no one was home. We snuck our stuff inside and into the basement. Then we sat and watched TV. We were waiting for the others to come back.

“I’m bored,” I said.

“Me too. What is it, like nine or something?”

I looked at the clock. “Holy crap! It’s that late already? I’m going
downstairs.” I grinned and ran into the basement.

“Wait for me!” Mikey shouted behind me.

I heard the door close, and he was fumbling around at the doorknob or something.

“I switched the knobs, so they can’t walk in on us,” he said as he came down the stairs. “Lisa? Where are you?”