Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Thirty-Six: "Imaginary Wedding Gown."

Chapter Thirty-Six: “Imaginary Wedding Gown”

“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride.”

Mikey pulled me in for a kiss. The others around us clapped and cheered. It wasn’t a fancy wedding with dresses and gowns. It was just a courthouse wedding. For a couple reasons. We didn’t want to blow all our money on a big fancy wedding. I don’t like dresses, plus, I was seven months pregnant. Lastly, the guys just got off a tour, and we didn’t to make them travel again. I was the one who insisted on it anyways.

We finished our paperwork, and grabbed our coats. They all went home, but I had a doctor’s appointment just to check up on my pregnancy. Mikey and I headed that way.

“I know you insisted on it, but I still think we should’ve had a real wedding,” he
said.

“I know, but I don’t like dresses. Especially white.”

“I thought only virgins wore white.”

“Hey! Shush.”

“What? I’m sure we could’ve found something that even you would’ve liked.”

“Don’t worry about it…” I paused. “Did you want a real wedding?”

“For me, it doesn’t matter. We could’ve held it ourselves and it would’ve been cool with me.” He laughed.

“Well, you should’ve just imagined it all while it happened. Imagine everyone coming. My imaginary wedding gown, that’d I’d probably trip over. You in your tux. Me walking down the aisle, tripping in my heels. The cake, us dancing, the food. But then imagine all the people we’d have to put on the guest list. I’m perfectly content with what we just had. Plus, I got a fat belly.” I laughed.

He laughed as he pulled into the parking lot for the doctor’s office. We went in and got seated in our room. We had to wait because our doctor was with another patient.

“Mikey? Do you wanna know if it’s a boy or a girl? If they can tell?”

“Why? Do you?”

“I do.”

“If he can tell us, then yeah,” he smiled, and grabbed my hand. I heard a small clinking as our wedding bands touched each other.

“Good afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Way?” The doctor came in.

“As of today, yes,” Mikey said.

“Oh? Well, congratulations.”

“Thanks.”

“Ok, now Lisa, how are we doing?”

“Great. Everything seems to be going swimmingly,” I said.

“Alright. If you’ll have a seat here, we’ll take a look. Would you like to know the sex, if I can see?”

“Yes, we would,” Mikey said as I got adjusted on the chair.

“Okay.” The doctor put the thing on my stomach and moved it around. The three of us watched the screen. “Alright, there it is. Let’s see if we can find our sex.” He moved it around some more. “Well, it looks like we have…a boy. Or that’s an extra finger.” We laughed a little, and he finished up. “Well, he looks to be very healthy. He’s growing normally. And from here, we just wait out the last month and a half or so. Have you two been going to your Lamaze classes?”

“Yes,” I said.

“Perfect. We’re about finished here. In about a month though, I want you to be on bed-rest. Mikey, that means you can’t let her be running around, or driving around, or getting stressed out. She’ll need her rest, and when the baby’s ready, the baby’s ready.”

“Will do,” Mikey said.

“Alright. I guess I’ll see you two when you’re in labor. Take care.”

“Thanks a lot, doctor.”

We headed out and started home. I wanted to stop for food though, so we went to McDonald’s, and I got a salad.

“You’re gonna be hard to put on bed-rest,” Mikey said, laughing a little.

“Why?”

“You’re always hyper. Unless you got the flu, you don’t like to lay around.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll be good.”

“Well, it’s a boy. Have you given any thought on a name?”

“Actually, I have. If it was a girl, I had Melissa Marie Way, but if it was a boy, I had
Tyler James Way.”

“Tyler James Way? I like it.” He reached across and grabbed my hand. “Lis? I
love you.”

“I love you too. I know I’ve been hard to deal with these last few months, what with the mood swings and making you run out at two a.m. for chocolate or something weird that I had a craving for, but it’ll be over soon.”

“Oh, it was nothing. You know I had no problem with it.”

“Good. Well? I’m ready to go home.”

We got ready and went home, to be greeted by everyone, asking questions. We told them everything, then we headed up to my room. I laid down and turned on the T.V.

“Mikey! Your music video!” I said.

“Wha?” He stood in front of the TV. “Whoa, awesome!”

“Move! I wanna see!”

“You were there when we shot it,” he said.

We watched TV, for a while then I fell asleep.