Status: Currently working on a re-write and planning a time-frame to re-post.

Tell Me, Will It All Be Okay?

Chapter Thirty-Five: "Pregnant Again?"

Chapter Thirty-Five: “Pregnant Again?”

A couple of weeks later, I was up early in the morning, camping in the bathroom, throwing up. Was I pregnant again? I hoped not. I hoped it was something I ate last night. Wait, I’ve said food never disagrees with me. There is that possibility that it could have this one time. We did eat kinda crappy last night.

I shook it off and went back to bed, crawling in beside Mikey. I tried not to disturb him, but he stirred. I turned to see if he had woken up. He looked to still be asleep, so I turned back over. That’s when his arms wrapped around me and he pulled in close to me. I giggled lightly because I’m ticklish. I felt him breathing on my neck, then I felt him kissing my neck. I giggled again.

“You know why I love you?” he asked. “Cause you’re so ticklish.”

“Just be careful. I was just in the bathroom throwing up. I think it had to do with that crap we ate last night.”

“Sushi’s not crap.”

“I don’t really like it, but you made me eat it.”

“You should’ve said something.”

“I did. Are you getting up now?”

“Yeah, unless you want to sleep.”

“I’ll get up. Let’s make a good breakfast.”

“I’ll burn the house down,” he said with a laugh.

“Oh yeah. Forget breakfast, cause I don’t feel like cooking.” I got up and ran downstairs, and straight into Frank. “Oh, morning.”

“Were you sick this morning?” he asked.

“Yeah, damn sushi.” I laughed.

“Right. Everyone already went out to pick up breakfast. They split up and went to some different places. I dunno, they’re weird.”

“Kay. Did you make coffee?”

“Yes.”

“Yes!” I grabbed the pot and a cup. “Coffee, coffee, coffee.”

“Oh-no. Mikey got you addicted.”

“Nah.” I said as I stepped outside. “Oohh, it’s nice out.”

“It’s supposed to get hot today,” Frank said behind me.

“Swimming day? Sweet.”

“Mikey still asleep?”

“I dunno.” I looked over my shoulder. “He said he was gonna get up. He might’ve fallen asleep.”

“Oh really?” I heard a grin in his voice.

“Hey there. Don’t even th-AH!” I yelled as he pushed me in the pool. “You ass!” I shouted as I came back up.

He jumped in by me and started chasing me around. I assumed it was just playfully, until he backed me into a corner and I saw that look in his eyes.

“Frank? What are you doing?”

“What? Nothing. Lis? Do you still think about…”

“No, I don’t. Frank, just drop this whole thing, we were doing fine.” I ducked under the water and swam away, coming up on the other side.

“I was just wondering,” he said.

“Well, now you know.” I hoisted myself out of the pool.

I took off my soaking t-shirt and shorts, so I was only standing there in my bra and underwear. I rang out my clothes and hung them over a lawn chair. I shook out my hair and went inside to put on dry clothes. I took a shower, and when I went to my room, Mikey wasn’t there. I put on some camo sweat shorts and a black tank top, since it was supposed to be hot outside. I opened my bedroom window, and heard voices outside. Who’s fighting now? I ran downstairs and back outside, finding Frank and Mikey going at it.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“You don’t wanna know what I caught your brother doing,” Mikey said.

“Huh?”

“Mikey! You can’t prove I was doing anything, cause I wasn’t!” Frank shouted.

“I watched the whole thing! She took off her wet clothes, and I saw the way you
were staring at her!”

“She’s the one who stripped them off anyways!”

“That’s not the point, Frank! You’re not supposed to do that! I thought you got over this whole thing!”

“You know what? I’d like to see you prove anything,” Frank said. He looked like
he was ready to punch Mikey.

“I saw enough with my own two eyes, Frank,” Mikey said. He also looked like he was ready to lay a beat-down.

I had to stop them before it got messy. “Guys! Guys! Stop it!” I pushed in between them. “Frank, Mikey’s right. I also thought you were over this. Mikey? Frank’s always been like that. Sometimes he does things without thinking. I’ve lived with him for my whole life, well except for five years of it. Drop it, both of you, please?”

“She’s right. Mikey, I’m sorry.”

“I guess I’m sorry too.”

“Good.”

The rest of the day went by normally. Party all day, and go to sleep late. I woke
up the next morning, sick again. Crap. I hope I’m not pregnant again. It was early out, so I snuck out and went to the store. I snuck back in and went into the bathroom. I followed the instructions on the test, and waited.

“Come on, hurry up,” I said to myself.

A few minutes later, I looked down at it. Positive. Crap. At least I know who’s it is.
I just didn’t wanna be pregnant again though. I sighed, tossed the test, and went back to my room. Mikey was up, watching TV.

“Where were you?” he asked.

“Bathroom.”

“That required a trip somewhere?”

Busted. Damn. What to say?

“Well, you can’t expect to have a night like we did without protection and end up not pregnant.”

“Oh?”

“We said we’d try again. You said that we could try again.”

“Well, I wanted to wait till after I asked you to marry me. You couldn’t wait a couple more hours?”

“Well sorry-what!?”