Status: Complete and edited

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

04

The next few months blew by surprisingly fast and Christmas break was only three weeks away. In that time I managed to balance school, work, and a relationship better. Things even calmed down enough for me to call my friends and see how things were going with them. Things were better with Sidney and I we were able to work through the distance and we now had a routine down. He would call me before bed and we would talk for about an hour.

Since the season was in full swing, I would send him a text before games and he would normally call me after the game. I would sit on my bed and listen to the games online since I couldn’t get FSN in my dorm. Today the Penguins were playing the Hurricanes and I was excited, I loved when there was a Staal vs. Staal game. I looked up at my clock and saw that it was game time. I put my books away and turned up my volume, thanking my lucky stars that Kelsey was at a Capitals game with her brohter.

The game was intense and I loved it. I couldn’t see what was happening, but I still got into it. After the game ended I sent Sidney a text congratulating him on his win and hat trick. I was kind of expecting him to call me back, but he never did. I realized that they probably went out to celebrate.

Since I couldn’t get a hold of him yesterday I decided to call him before my class.

“Hello?” A female’s voice answered.

What the hell? I dialed Sidney’s number didn’t I? I pulled the phone away and looked at the number displayed, yep it was Sid’s. “Um, is Sidney there?” I asked confused. I didn’t recognize the voice so I knew it wasn’t his sister or Vero. It might be one of the girlfriends, but for some reason I doubted that.

“He’s still sleeping.” She giggled. Tears started falling down my face. He cheated on me and now the bitch was answering his cell phone. I didn’t know what to do.

“Um okay. Can you just tell him to call Taylor please?”

“Okay, who’s Taylor?”

“Um his girlfriend” I growled through clenched teeth. Then I heard a scuffle from the other end.

“Tay, is that you?” A very familiar voice asked

“Staalsy is that you?” I asked relief surging through my body.

“Yeah sorry about that. That was Victoria.”

“And who is this Victoria?”

I could see him blushing. “I met her back home and she decided to come to our game this week. I wish you here to meet her, she’s really great.”

“Well I wish I could be up there with you guys. How’s Eric taking the loss?” I asked with a laugh.

“Like any big brother would.” He chuckled. “No, he’s taking it fine. Yeah sure he’s pissed that I scored the winning goal, but he’ll get over it.”

“Some brother you are. So since I have you on the phone can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“Is Sid going home for Christmas?”

“Yeah I think so why?”

“I want to surprise him by visiting, but if he’s going home then I don’t think I can.”

“Yes you can. Flower and Vero are going home, I bet you can catch a flight with them and talk them into stopping at Sid’s.”

“Yeah that might work except for the part where I don’t have the money at the moment and I want to surprise him on Christmas.”

“Hmm, talk to Taylor see what she can come up with.” I heard noises behind me. I turned to see a very hung over Kelsey stumbling through the door.

“Uh Jordan I have to go. Can you have Sidney call me when he gets up?”

“Yeah sure, and Taylor?”

“Mmhm?.”

“Victoria says she’s sorry if she gave you the wrong idea when she answered.”

“Tell her thanks and tell her sorry if I seemed bitchy, I was seriously freaking out.”

“Yeah, I figured.” He chuckled.

“Bye Jordy.”

“Bye Tay.”

I shut my phone and looked over at Kelsey. She was half on her bed and half on the floor.

“I’m guessing the Caps lost last night.” I suppressed a laugh when she nodded.

“Then I went to some guy’s house afterwards and got shitfaced. I’m surprised I remembered to get home in time for class.” She looked up at me. “Actually, I’m surprised that I remembered how to get home.” She groaned. “I am so hung over right now. I don’t want to go to classes today.”

“Then don’t go. Call your professors and tell them you are sick and aren’t coming today.”

“Yeah I might do that.” She crawled under her covers and fell asleep.

I chuckled as I got my things together for classes and then got in the shower. I was still a little shaken up about the whole Jordan’s girlfriend answering the phone. I knew that something like this might happen. Girls throw themselves at Sidney all the time and I’m not there to be his girlfriend. I knew Sidney would never do something like that to me, but he can't blame me for getting upset when a random girl answers his phone at eight in the morning.

As I walked through campus to my first class my phone rang and it was Sidney. He apologized about not calling me back, he threw a party last night and he ended up passing out. That’s why Jordan and Victoria were there. I smiled because I knew that whenever they threw parties they let their friends and their girlfriends stay, that way no one drives drunk. We talked about the game last night and about Christmas break. He was indeed going up to see his parents and then going back to Pittsburgh in time for New Years because there was a team party that they threw. We ended the conversation when Sidney had to help Max who was still hungover.

After my classes I went back to my dorm to find that Kelsey hadn’t moved since I left. I changed into some comfy close and left again. I scrolled through my contacts until I came across a familiar name and pressed send.

“Hello?” the girl asked.

“Taylor? It’s Taylor.” I chuckled.

“Hey Tay! How are you?”

“I’m good how are you?

“Good, just working on some homework.”

“That’s good. So listen I was sent to you by a Mr. Jordan Staal.” She chuckled. “I have a question for you.”

“Okay shoot.”

“I want to surprise Sidney at Christmas, but that would involve me coming up there. If I came up there I would need a place to stay and still be able to hide from Sid. Do you have any ideas?”

“Um. I’m not sure. I could talk to my parents and see what they say. You could probably stay here, fly in on Christmas Eve.” She gasped. “I have the perfect idea, I’ll have to run it by mom and dad first. But we could fly you in on Christmas and have my dad pick you up and just show up here during Christmas dinner.”

“Taylor, that sounds like an amazing idea. Your parents wouldn’t mind paying for my ticket?”

“Not at all, mom has actually been asking when we were going to see you again. I also miss you and want to see you again.”

“Aw, Tay you are so sweet. Okay so talk to you parents and let me know okay?”

“Yeah no problem, I’ll go talk to them now.”

“All right, don’t forget to call me back.” I smiled.

“No problem. Bye Taylor.”

“By Taylor.” We both laughed. “Will that ever stop being funny?” I asked

“I don’t think so.”

I shook my head “Bye.”

“See ya.”

The next day Taylor called me back and told me that her parents would love for me to come and that they wouldn’t mind paying for the ticket. It gave them an excuse to ‘see the best girl ever’ as her mom said. So I decided that I was going to go to Philly with mom and dad, then leave from Philadelphia. I was excited because I only had one more day left of classes and then I was going home. I hadn’t seen my parents in a long time and I couldn’t wait to see them. I just didn’t want to tell them that I wasn’t spending my entire break with them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited