Status: Paused for editing past chapter 14 till 20 or more.. Fixing mistakes before continuation. Comment advice or just wait silently.

Let the Rain Kiss Me in You

Bryan Bismuth

I can’t stand Christie. It took me all this time of having her all over me. I finally have Nae and she is going to ruin everything. I was the pig head. I knew the same thing Nae knew and ignored it all. This is my fault. I bang the steering wheel and accidentally hit the horn and scare a kid on a scooter. I wave him off and turn the corner. What if she calls it off? She would. But I have to tell her. Nae would just as quick pretend nothing has happened between us this month.

“Damn it!” I grunt hitting the wheel again. I’ll beg if I have to. I sigh. “If I keep this up I won’t have a steering wheel.” I glare at my house and see my mom has gone back to work. I pull in the driveway. I look at my books and ignore them. I won’t be able to pay them no mind until she hears me out.

The door is already open and Nae is curled up on the Lay-Z Boy recliner. As I decide to wake her to explain I can see the faint lines of tears on her cheek. I drop my head in defeat as she has yet again stopped me dead in my tracks.

I reach my hand out to her and let my thumb follow the line on the cheek in front of me. I take her small frame and cradle her to my chest. I walk up the steps steadily trying to keep her asleep. I kiss her forehead. I sit first and the pain sets in. Just like in the showers. I hold her tighter and shut my eyes. I rock forward a little and she clutches my shirt. I woke her barely. Her eyes flutter open and they search my face. She has this quirky way of putting her full palm over my eyes if she sees me cry. Apparently I was and she covers my left eye. I smile and lay back as she straddles me wanting to say something to me. I take her hands and kiss the one that took my tear. She goes quiet and leans in and kisses me. Then lays back on my chest. I look at my ceiling and listen to her breathing. She starts to fiddle around the buttons on my shirt. I smirk and my hands travel to her waist. Her long nails leave trails against my chest. She has her cast back on and props on her elbow as she scoots back to my face.

“Nae. I love you.” I say stopping the smile on her face. I worry and grit my teeth.

“Bry. Baby. I want to admit it. I just can’t yet. I want to tell you. I do. But, right now there is so much going on in my mind.” She bursts out saying. She pulls back from me and gets off the bed. I sit up and swing my legs over the edge and look at her staring out the window. I messed up. But I don’t regret letting her know.

“Something happened at school between me and Christie during lunch. She was buggin bout a dance and when I tried to blow her off she lost her mind and started yelling about us.” I admitted through gritted teeth. She turned with the one look I knew I didn’t want. Pain and a resolve to cut me off without mercy. “Nae please don’t look at me like that.” I pleaded rushing and holding her to me. Already even though she didn’t fervently push, she didn’t acknowledge me either.

“What exactly happened? What did she say? Who all were there?” she said in a rush. I began to stutter and just like that, fate wasn’t on my side. Her phone vibrated in her pocket. She used the casted arm at first and switched hands reaching across her waist for it. I don’t know what she read but I was losing feeling in my jaw and would be toothless at this rate. I took it from her hand as it fell so I knew she had finished reading. But, then she ran.

“Nae!” I yelled following after her. She locked herself in the guest bathroom at the end of the hallway overlooking the back porch. “Nae. Please open up!” I begged. I slid down and read what Amber sent her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sit tight. I'm going back to show Nae's POV of the time since the nurse's office next chapter.

ovoxo