‹ Prequel: Florescent Adolescence
Status: Complete.

This Modern Love

Mardy Bum.

I ripped off the top of the condom wrapper and threw it on the ground.

“And what gave you this brilliant idea?” Scotty asked, throwing off all of the junk that was on Shaun’s dresser.

“Joanna,” I answered, putting the condom on Shaun’s doorknob.

“Why exactly are we doing this?” he questioned, flipping the dresser upside down.

“For fun,” I shrugged, stapling the sheets to Shaun’s bed that was also upside down.

“But I thought you said he apologized to you this morning?” he asked, putting back all the crap that was on Shaun’s dresser back.

“He did.”

“Then why are we destroying his stuff?”

“Because it’s funny. Since when do you think so much?” I asked bitterly.

“I just thought something went down,” Scotty scoffed. “Excuse me,” he mumbled.

“Why are you so argumentative today?” I asked.

“I’m not,” he sighed.

“I’m in trouble again, aren’t I?” I asked, folding my arms.

“No,” he disagreed, rolling his eyes. “What makes you say that?”

“You’ve got that face on,” I answered.

He turned around with raised eyebrows, and crossed arms.

“Face?” he questioned.

“The silent disappointed face.” I tried to morph my eyebrows to look like his. “The one I can’t bare.”

Scotty shook his head and chuckled. He had a small trace of a smile.

“Just not very happy today,” he admitted with less irritation in his voice.

“Why is that?” I asked, plopping down on the floor.

“I dunno. I‘m just not,” he shrugged, still standing over me.

I stood up, wondering why I sat down in the first place and wrapped my arms around him. His elbows were stabbing me, since his arms were still crossed over his chest.

“This works better when you move your arms,” I hinted.

He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

“I love you, Candace O’Connor,” he whispered.

I felt my cheeks grow red and my heart flutter.

“Even if you don’t believe me, I love you too, Scotty Lago,” I informed him.

“Not as much as you think you do,” he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes in irritation and buried my face in his chest.

“Why do you doubt me?” I asked.

“I know you love me, but just barely,” he clarified, rubbing my back.

“No, not just barely,” I corrected.

“Just not that much.”

I pounded my fist on his chest and hid my face.

“You make me angry,” I growled.

“I’m sorry, Babe,” he chuckled. “But we go through this almost everyday.”

“But I want to be closer to you, Scotty!” I whined, tightening my grip around him.

“I know,” he sighed. “Maybe later. I’m super tired right now.”

I looked over at Shaun’s upside down bed.

“We have to walk to get to the closest mattress,” I laughed.

“You’re carrying me,” he insisted, putting all his weight on me.

“No!” I yelped, trying hard to push him off of me and not make myself fall over.

“Please, Babe?” he begged, digging his face in my neck and holding my sides.

“You have to walk your happy ass back to Mason’s.”

“But your house is closer!” he whined.

I rolled my eyes and pushed him away from me.

“Let’s start walking, then.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank Finding_Tobias for the idea for putting everything in Shaun's room upside down.
I bet I made you guys pretty scared when you read the first line, huh? :)

So, I'm really running low on ideas for what Candace and Scotty should do over the break. They are going to be going to the beach one day, but that's all I know what to make them do. So throw out some fun activites for them to do, and they'll be in here. :)

Gosh, Being a writer is like playing with Dolls. >.> Lmao! xD

LEAVE It LOVE! :D <3