Girl Getting Bitter

Stroke the Fire

The day pressed on warmly, the last rays of orange sunlight pouring into Anastasie's home until the sun went down. It soon became dark and dangerous and the streets became a war zone to all that inhabited them. Fabrice gazed out the window from the kitche, absentmindedly fiddling with the handle to the oven door. When a small ding echoed in through the kitchen, Fabrice quickly ducked down and swung the door open, removing the golden brown chicken. He set it out on the counter and didn't even jump when Anastasie snuck up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"I can't believe. .you got me to do cocaine." She drawled.

"Yeah, well. .at least now I have a junkie buddy," he laughed.

Anastasie laughed lightly before sticking her head under his arm and looking at the well-cooked chicken. She looked up at Fabrice who patted her on the head and smiled.

"I'm a vegetarian so. .uhm. Could you cut it yourself?" He asked nervously.

The young Frenchwoman nodded and removed a knife from the drawer. Fabrice turned to the refrigerator when she began cutting into the meat and dug through the shelves until he found a bag of celery. He opened the bag and crunched merrily on the green stalk as he lazily walked back into Anastasie room. Fabrice grabbed the pack of cocaine and brought it back into the kitchen, throwing it on the counter and pulling out his pocket knife. Holding the celery in his mouth as he maneuvered a little bit of cocaine on the blade of the knife. He knocked it off on top of the package and looked expectantly at Anastasie. Anastasie was too lost in eating Fabrice's delicious Lemon Chicken that she didn't notice his eager stare. Finally, he reached out and gently grabbed the back of her head and guiding her to the surface of the package where Anastasie immediately began to inhale the white powder into her nose.

With a satisfied sigh, Anastasie sat back up and wiped her nose. She continued, albeit distracted, to eat her chicken until she had eaten enough. She pushed the plate away leaned over to Fabrice, lying her head in his lap and toying with the knee of his pants. Fabrice stroked her hair, soft and straight under his fingers, before setting the celery down and leaning over Anastasie to place a light kiss on her lips. The kiss deepened and Anastasie buried her finger in Fabrice's hair before pulling away, smiling up at Fabrice with a bright, genuine smile. Fabrice mischievously smiled back before picking Anastasie up and carrying her to her bedroom. He threw her onto her bed, picking up his black shirt and offering a smile over his shoulder.

"Charlot'll be back tomorrow, so get some sleep, okay? I had a lot of fun today," mumbling the last part, Fabrice smiled and gently shut Anastasie's door.

The ladder smiled and nodded off to sleep, reminding herself to lock the door the next time she woke up.