Vampire Lovers

Ricky

I've been here almost a month and it hasn't done me any good. I came to get away from my problems, but my problems followed me. Yeah. That's right. Zac and Tyler have come to New York to try and "talk" to me about what happened that... weird day. I remember my first day at the local high school I saw Zac and Tyler. I've been ignoring them so far, walking with other people to keep them away, but last week they found a way to talk to me.

I was walking to school when Zac started walking with me,

"So... how are you?" Said a voice out of no where.

"Annoyed. Very annoyed." I told him, hinting that he was the problem.

"I came here to talk to you about that kiss." He said, hesitantly. He knew that I didn't want to talk about it. I mean I ran away to another state on the other side of the United States!

"I came here to get away from you and Tyler! And you both show up! I don't even think I know who you are anymore!"

"But we've known each other since we were born." He said, quietly.

"Could have fooled me. Why'd you kiss me? A bet? Because you don't like Tyler? To mess up my life?" He didn't answer. "That's what I though. I have to get to class."

I stormed off to my first period class. I had cooled down and though that's as worse as my day could get. The rest of the school day went well. I walked home, did my homework and I had just gotten dressed after taking a shower.

"Hey, Alex. Can we talk?" Someone said near my bed.

"Oh god! You scared the shit out of me! You've got two minutes before I scream 'rape'" I warned him.

"I just wanted to say sorry about what I said at the party. I was jealous that you like Zac more than you like me, I guess. You want to know the reason I chose you?" He asked.

"You have a minutes left." I said, coldly.

"Remember that day when you told me you liked me? Well I didn't like you at first, but when I came back in high school, I started to like you-- no, love you. You were this angelic creature it made me feel like I wasn't worthy of your time. But when I had to choose a wife, I had to choose between you and three other girls. They were all beautiful and intelligent, I met them and many offered themselves to me, but none of them had the stubbornness that you have. That's why I love you." He told me.

"Tyler... You have to leave..." I told him. I didn't want him to know about...

"Hey, babe I got you some water." Ricky said and handed me my water.