On My Way

I Missed You (Meeting with Aaron)

'You can do this, baby..How hard can It be?' said Hayden. My hand was all sweaty but he was still holding it. I took a piece of paper from my bag, the piece of paper that had the address of Aarons house on. I checked the address again and looked around. It was the right place, we had actually made It here. I was so sure that I wanted to see Aaron all along this journey but now I wasnt sure of anything at all !

Hayden had decided not to come with me , he had told me that It would be better for me and Aaron to be alone. He was going to wait for me at a café near by. ‘Hayden…I don’t know, I’m not sure that I can do this anymore.’ I said. Hayden kissed me and whispered, his face close to me; ‘You can do anything, don’t you want to see Aaron? ’. I nodded yes. "Now don't be stupid come on!" he said laughing.

Then we stood silent for a minute or two. Then I had decided, I was going In. I hugged Hayden , and said, ‘I’ll see you later Hayden.’. I walked towards the garden door to Aaron’s house. I walked through the green and colorful garden. I finally stood in front of the house door and glanced at Hayden for the lastime, he smiled and winked at me. I tried to smile . Then I knocked on the door three times. My heartbeat got faster and faster until a women opened the door. It was Aaron’s mom! I had recognized her from her face so quickly! What was her name? Christina? She looked at me with expectation in her eyes , before asking, ‘What can I do for you dear?’ in a tired voice. I gulped and answered her ; ‘ You can remember me…’. Mrs. Christine looked at me for a minute or two. Then she kept talking..:
-Who are you? I can’t remember…
-I am Alexa, from England. Aaron’s once-best-friend.
Mrs. Christine stared at me for another minute then hugged me. I hugged her back and she whispered, ‘Oh dear, Aaron’s been missing you for such a long time! You have no idea, no idea how much he has missed you! You came to see him, oh that is wonderful!’.

I laughed, but where was Aaron?

‘Why don’t you come inside dear, come in..’ said Mrs. Christine and walked in the house, i followed her. The house was beautifully decorated, modern, bright and welcoming. Mrs. Christine closed the door behind me and told me to make myself comfortable in the living room. I walked inside the living room, searching for some photos of Aaron. I found his photo from middle school graduation and a photo with his family .. but nothing more. I finally sat down on a big sofa . Mrs. Christine came to the living room with a glass of lemonade in her hand. I thanked her and took a sip from my lemonade. She smiled at me and said ; ‘ How are you Alexa? How did you came here? Where is your family?’ . I sighed and finally told her the truth , ‘My parent don’t really know I’m here…I ..kind of ran away from home. They didn’t want me to leave school , they had plans for me but I had other plans for myself you know.. I didn’t want them to lead my life’ and first of all I wanted to find Aaron.’.

Mrs. Christine nodded silently and didn’t comment. I smiled, she smiled back and said ; ‘ Well, then, Aaron will probably be home in 5 minutes , your timing is good!’. I smiled again. Just like she said, in five minutes we heard a knock on the door. I took a deep breath, Aaron was here! Mrs. Christine laughed and walked towards the door to open it. I walked after her.
Mrs. Christine glanced at me and then opened the door.
I first couldn’t see his face, only his voice : ‘Hi mom’
And then Mrs. Christine’s voice : ‘Someone’s here to see you Aaron.’
Aaron talks again : ‘Who?’
Mrs. Christine : ‘You’ll see dear..’

And then finally I saw him. He was a lot more taller than I remembered, his jet-black hair was falling in his face and his eyes were like a piece from the ocean… and his face was so strong but beautiful in the same time. He had a grey shirt and jeans on. When he saw me he gasped. I gasped too. ‘I’ll leave you two alone now.’ said Mrs. Christine and walked away to the kitchen. As soon as she walked away Aaron hugged me and I hugged him back. His smell was like apple-pie-mixed with a fresh manly scent. ‘Alexa, oh my God ! It’s you! ‘ he said. ‘Aaron… I missed you so much! ‘ i said.
We finally parted , Aaron was grinning, showing his pearl-white teeth. I had never imagined that he could be this charming. His eyes were sparkling with excitement, anyone would understand from his look that he hadn't seen me for a while.
He took my hand and took me to his room, while he said , ‘I want to show you something.’ . His room was a little messy, he had a small bed , a cupboard, a book shelf and a small bathroom.
He showed me the picture of him and me from 1st grade, in our school uniforms, hugging. I giggled and sat on his bed, then I sighed. ‘Oh Aaron, If you only knew how many things I had to deal with after you were gone!’ i murmured. He sat beside me nodded, ‘I’m sorry, but you know It wasn’t In my hands. I would love to stay, but you know…’. I looked up at him as he talked ;
- I missed you so much when we first moved here, to Ireland. You were my best friend and I felt awfuly lonely! I know we talked on the phone, wrote letters to eachother for a while but after some time… I didn’t get any calls or letters from you. So I thought you had forgotten me! Why did you stop?
- Aaron! I never forgot about you, but I had to move on and all those things about school, getting older , It all made my life more complicated. I wanted to come and see you but my family … They wanted me to care more about my exams and “future”!
- I understand, things weren’t different for me either. But let’s not talk about these things now, tell me how you came to find me! It must have been a real adventure.
- It was…
So I told him, each and everything that happened to me on the road; I didn’t forget to tell about Hayden too. I had forgotten how Aaron was such a good listener. After I told everything to him, he ran his finger through his hair and sighed. I looked at him. Finally Aaron talked,
- Wow, I … don’t know what to say!
- Well, I’m really glad I finally found you! Now you tell me what’s been happening!’
- Two years ago… I had a girlfriend, Camille, she died in a boat accident. After that, I was really depressed for a while and I got sick for a long time. I didn’t date anyone ever since, afraid of losing again. But except of that, my life Is good. I’m planning to be a write. My uncle, you know he is a writer, he is writing a new book and he called me to his mansion in Italy to watch him work, see how he writes , finds ideas for his book and those things … Then I will study English Literature at a university in London.

I sighed, he had a life and a future. A future which was made of his own dreams..
I had a dream , but that was all. Aaron also had fought tragic things in his life. My life sounded so simple. I felt sick for not being there for him while he was going through all these things..

-Aaron, I’m so sorry, I wasn’t there for you when your girlfriend, uhm.. Camille died. I’m so sorry.
-It’s O.K , how could you be with me anyway, you had a life apart from mine.
- Aaron, you really planned your life! I want to be a journalist and I will start with writing my adventures while coming here.
Aaron laughed and nodded, ‘That would be a great story for sure!’. There was a silence for a while. We both didn’t know what to say, everything was so different now between us, we were so close but so apart in the same way.
I heard Aaron said ; ‘ I have missed you so much. I have been needing you so much Alexa, I love you.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally I'm back with another chapter , sorry It took so longg! Please comment before you leave this page, It's not hard to write a short comment :))) Thanksss,keep reading!
-miss.bookworm